50 posts... SENIOR MEMBER?! NOOOO!!!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by pante, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Aww... you wouldn't be advocating such a thing if you knew how some people treat "junior members" around here. :(

2. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    i think slightly over 600:hodapp if your veiwing this please excapt my group invite

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Nah, 1,000s good. The rest we can label "Pee-Wee" members :D

4. Axl Lowe

Axl Lowe Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    So this thread is about how the older members want recognition for being on a forum?

It's just a title. :p

5. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    Here is a bold new suggestion:

Everyone with a 10+ post avg per day gets the title, 'Will die a lonely virgin'.

6. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    I love that idea!
    An even bolder suggestion: Give them their own "under-18" section of the forum. Maybe call it something like the "junior" forum. :D

That way, those of us who are interested in reading comments with substance :) don't have to wade through all the thousands and thousands of useless comments from kids in middle school... :mad:

7. gekkota

Jul 17, 2008
    It's actually more about how the forum has turned into a pissing contest for 14-year-old boys...they seem to think that the more posts they have, the higher their status here.
    Sad. :( They need to get a life...

8. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Why, thanks for the insult, petty 100-post member.

9. DarthPuma

DarthPuma Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Seriously. I seriously hate the vast majority of users on here. I wish there was a place as up to date on app store news as TA is that actually had intelligent posters.

10. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    I say we get rid of the entire post thing altogether and just have 'member' as everyone's identity.

11. gekkota

Jul 17, 2008
    I think that simply eliminating displaying the number of posts would go a long way toward solving the problem. There would be less incentive for posting garbage if it wouldn't increase the visible post count. It's helpful to be able to see the "join date," and interesting to see the poster's location. I think that continuing to display "senior" or "junior" member is a good idea, but it should be based on something other than number of posts...

12. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Like....intelligence??

Or maybe age.... just kidding. Seriously though, I think that even a senior or junior tag, takes away from "discussing games". Personally I don't really care how long any of you have been here, whether I like you or not...

13. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Yep!

Oh, seems that he hit you. ;)

14. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    In some forums, it's kind of fun to reach a "new level" in the post count hierarchy. I think perhaps the difference is usually that there are a whole bunch of different titles that people are able to buzz through pretty quickly, AND that the particular forums that I'm thinking of just happen to have strict moderation and mature members.

The fact that there are, what?, 3 titles makes it not very interesting or fun to reach a new level, and actually using the titles "junior member" and "senior member" make teenagers think these are, like... our jobs. Maybe we should just change the titles to things that will evoke less adolescent rooster crowing. Like maybe different fruits or perhaps crescendoing variations of "no life loser"? ;)

15. gekkota

Jul 17, 2008
    "Less adolescent rooster crowing."
    That's it in a nutshell.
    I love it! :)

16. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Me wants teh be de Apple.

17. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    I run a game via a forum, and I have titles that go up to 25,000 posts.

And I have people who have reached it.

No one is considered a "senior" member unless they have at least 1250+ posts. I mean, really.

18. gekkota

Jul 17, 2008
    Wow...really??
    There must be an awful lot of geeky 14-year-old boys hiding in their basements glued to their computer screens pumping out garbage posts...desperately trying to increase their fragile :( self-esteem by reaching greater and greater post counts!
    Gee...sounds like such fun! :rolleyes:

19. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I think the problem here is because of the whole "junior"/"senior" thing, period. Do you think we'd ever see people writing, "Those damn Yellows, they never search!" or "Wahh, only Red members deserve promo codes!"?

I'm telling you guys, these teenagers actually think Arn has personally hired them to work here by bestowing them with the ever so prestigious title of "Senior Member".

"Senior! Like in high school! The Seniors are always the coolest!"

20. Sierra275

Sierra275 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    Oh. I had no idea why I was suddenly a senior member.