5 Promo Codes for Str8ts ( 2.99$ ) or Domino Dice

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Syndicated Puzzles, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

#1 Syndicated Puzzles, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
    Time for another contest !

5 Promo codes up for grabs.

http://www.str8ts.com/Daily_Str8ts

First 5 people to give me the solution (single digit) for the square D4 in today's
    daily Str8ts on our website gets a code. Players may ask fro a Domino Dice code instead your choice.
    PM me with the answer here on Toucharcade. Do not post the answer!

Jeff Widderich
    Syndicated Puzzles

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I wish I did not already own it!!

I look for 6x6 everyday...

3. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    already own it but gonna see if i get it right:D

4. Syndicated Puzzles

Your name is already on one of the 6 x6 codes> don't worry

5. Syndicated Puzzles

Skyye06 do you have Domino Dice ?

6. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Go Skyye - Go....

I have not done the daily puzzle today - I am just working my way - slowly but surely on the game...

It is extremely funny that I will start on a puzzle, and do several squares - then think about some squares - can't get them - come back to it in a couple of hours, and zip through a bunch more - it is very weird..

Oh Jeff - probably not the right place but wth - if it is not too hard to program in - an option to turn on or turn off all possible numbers in a square?

I am doing it manually - but it is quite time intensive - not frustrating enough to make me stop - I can't imagine that - but I spend a lot of time countining and doing possibitlities in my head rather than concentrating on strategy... so it is kind of busy work time if you understand that?

Still my favorite app on my phone - and still the most challenging..

7. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    man i havent gone very far in the game, its much harder than sudoku imho

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    It is because there are a lot more possibilities that you can't just forget about. On the expert Sudoku puzzles - there is usually 1 or 2 squares in the middle game that once you get them- things sort of open up.

In Str8ts - there really is never that moment that everything just sort of falls into place. There are areas that will fall into place - but then the next area is out there - with its own issues. However - for me, it is totally enthralling just because I refuse to not solve it. Sometimes I wish I had a solver - mostly just to see how several games on different levels are played for a solution - actually -now that I think about it , there is a solver on the site - it does not work for entereing a puzzle (I suggested that btw) - but I am pretty sure that there are different levels of puzzles that it does walk through...

Good way to see how the computer is doing it square by square at least - you have to use your own logic to see how it got there - but maybe a good way to pick up some additional ideas on how to solve it.

The 6x6 I think will also be simpler - although Jeff says he actually has a harder time with it than the 9x9...

9. MrTcj22

MrTcj22 Active Member

Aug 15, 2009
    sent my pm, wasnt sure which of the two answers it was

10. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #10 drelbs, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
    PM Sent. :cool:

Hoping for Domino Dice.

This game has kept me away from Sudoku for almost a week now... :eek:

@Pluto6: I still have my Sudoku habit of only writing numbers in when a number could only go in one of two places (which leads to the ripple effect where everything falls into place like skyye06 was talking about).

Str8ts has been much more of a challenge, and I've been enjoying that!

11. cathy

cathy Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    pm sent. Oh, I forgot to say I'd like Domino Dice, but I doubt I got the answer right anyway

12. zvnthynn

zvnthynn Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    sent my answer. :) lolz i did not realize i only need to send the number for D4. i was all ready to send a screen cap of the solved puzzle. hope i still get it!

13. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    The first str8ts competition was one of my most favorite comps to date. Head splitting FUN. :thumbs up: I'll let other peeps have a go. Domino Dice sounds fun.

14. Syndicated Puzzles

Results

Man I love the creativity of some answers. I am hoping no one used the solver that is directly below the game?

Here are the 5 winners.

drelbs Domino Dice

Mr Tcj 22 Domino Dice

JBlick Str8ts

(Skyye 06 and Pluto 6) Str8ts 6 x6 Code as soon as apple approves.

Herbert Kornfeld Str8ts

Cathy Domino Dice

Zvnthynn Str8ts

Thanks for the effort!

15. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    Ugh, I tried and I just don't understand this game. It's like sudoku in a way, but I can't work my head around the lines.

16. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Did you go through the tutorial that is online? It is very helpful to understanding the game. Also, you have to not let the black spaces get in your head - people are so used to Sudoku they feel like the black spaces HAVE to represent something - and they don't. Also, the black spaces with white numbers... they only carry a number - the spaces next to them that are white don't have to be in sequence with it...
    Those are things that threw me at first.... the tutorial helps - and on the web pages are some strategy pages that are also helpful.

It is worth the effort in my opinion because Sudoku has become boring for me - I can always do them - the str8ts - they all take me some thinking - even the easier ones... there is nothing totally straight-forward at least for me, and so there is much greater satisfaction when the puzzle falls into place!

17. Syndicated Puzzles

Understanding Str8ts!

GaiaIllusion,

Try a 6 x 6 it will explain the game to you a lot easier.

The game has three rules. Just imagine yourself sitting at a poker or playing Rummy. Make Straights! The difference is the fit inside the compartments.

That is just about it. Don't try to play Sudoku over top of this game. It has very little to do with Sudoku.

18. Syndicated Puzzles

Codes sent out!

If anyone was left out or the promo code didn't work please PM.

Jeff

19. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Whohoo!

Thanks for the code!

I'll post impressions after I've had a chance to play...

20. sau124

sau124 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    damn, you guys with the solution are good. I am still trying to figure out the math ;) This looks pretty decent buy and it will keep one occupied for sometime for sure.