5 Prairie Chute codes for a little trivia :)

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by matt.johnson.mobile, Aug 15, 2009.

1. matt.johnson.mobile

matt.johnson.mobile Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    We are busy getting Prairie Chute 1.1 with global high scores ready. In the mean time we would like to offer 5 FREE promo codes in exchange for a fair review on both our iTunes app page and the main thread on TA.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=413488#post413488

Be one of the first 5 to PM me and list the 5 different species of prairie dogs... and you got one. Thanks in advance for the support.

Matt :D

2. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Sent in my awnsers! :D

3. Nico75

Nico75 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Sent a pm

4. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    PM sent with the dogs :)

5. dallylama

dallylama New Member

Aug 8, 2009
    sent my PM

6. Hoping I got in on time...

7. matt.johnson.mobile

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
  8. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Shill reviews. Cool

9. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    Been playing for a few minutes and this is definitely one of the funniest games out there. Awesome soundtrack as well to go with it. Will give this more time and post my thoughts later at the main thread. All I can say right now is that a dollar is definitely a steal for this casual yet extremely fun game.

10. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

He did at least request a "fair" review, not a good review, which is better than some devs do on here. There are only 2 reasons to give out codes...reviews and word of mouth.

11. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    Being an indie dev isn't a bed of roses. The least we could do is support them. Of course, in and just a fair way. Talented indie devs deserve a chance against the big and rich gaming companies too who have the money and resources to grease the marketing machine.

12. matt.johnson.mobile

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    I don't think I have ever claimed to be anything but the developer of this small independent game. I also don't think I have tried to hide the purpose of giving my promo codes away... a game only builds momentum through credible players reviewing and talking about it.

Both the artist and I who created it have been making games of some type or another for years, but are now in a position of "independence" if you know what I mean, so we are putting all our efforts into what little marketing resources we have.

The largest of those resources are sites like this and the promo codes that Apple offers. I'm not trying to buy anyones votes here, and in every dialog I have had with people on this board I have taken the good with the critical and appreciated the feedback as long as it has been honest and constructive.

We are currently rolling in several features that are direct feedbacks from players who have received free codes and given honest feedback. IMO, that is how the relationship is supposed to work.

:)... thanks,
    Matt

13. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    this game is awesome, I got it a few nights ago and it is currently my favorite pickup and play game.

14. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    +1. Worth paying 99cents if you are looking for a casual, fun game. This is one of the better non gamers game out there. And btw matt, it is now wifey approved too:D. She liked it. Rarely plays any games on iPhone except for words games.:)