Universal 4x4 Jam HD (by Invictus)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 3, 2015.

1. ipad_dad

ipad_dad Active Member

May 6, 2015
    Thanks for the reply and I stand corrected. I read adding controller support was a straight forward exercise but I bow to your superior knowledge :)

Playing games with hands off the screen is so much better for certain types of games.

2. Marcos stein

Marcos stein Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Frame rate drop

Good game, but needs more optimization. A lot of frame rate drops on an Ipad Air 2.

3. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Any iPad Air (1), latest iOS, users out there that are experiencing the same thing?

4. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Any chance of an 1nsane revival?

5. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

This is an awesome game

6. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yeah?! Alright then I'm in! Need to be nudged lots of times and I appreciate it! :D

7. Invictus_Games

Invictus_Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    4x4 JAM HD is only $0.99

This has been obviously a strong week, great games got released. Since Apple did not feature 4x4 JAM HD, and we did not want to see it disappear from the charts, we decided to lower the price of the game to $0.99.
    Thanks for everyone's support so far. We hope the game will stay in decent chart positions and you guys will enjoy playing with it.

8. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    great and fun game, i really hope you guys doing well with the sales so more content and modes will be adding in future update.

9. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Good game for sure. Weird that Apple didn't feature it (but I guess that as always, the "free-2-play" games gets these spots, as Apple reaps more money from them).

10. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I liked Daytona Rush so I'm gonna grab this one and try it even though you never added any new content to your previous game. So I hope, in case this game's at least as good as previous one, you'll not abandon it and bring something new from time to time. And you should, it's a premium title after all. Sorry for not being featured, hope the launch sale helps to spread the word about the game and brings proper recognition. Good luck!

11. Invictus_Games

Invictus_Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    Daytona

A new update of Daytona Rush is waiting for Apple's review :)
    Also, big things will happen with Daytona Rush pretty soon. So stay tuned!

12. Spudboy

Spudboy Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I'll buy that for a dollar. Anyway seems like a lot of fun after a few minutes of playing.

13. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Decided to buy this for .99! Hoping it doesn't have ads since I thought this would be a premium game purchase. I tried the original 4x4 lite and thought it felt good and reminded me metal storm on the play station!

14. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    All I can say is wow! Totally worth .99 with no disturbing Iap or ads! Hope it stays this way... I can't tell if in free roam the world is just endless as and new each time as I tried to drive straight the whole time for a few mins and couldn't reach the mountain / cloud I was tracking!

Fun game modes and so worth .99!

To the developers... Please don't add IAPs to this game!

15. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I have to agree with imdakine1. Visually it's quite impressive game. I'm surprised you were able to bring such quality on mobile devices. I know I'm probably spoiled by few titles from last months like AG Drive or Geometry Wars 3 which runs perfectly smooth in solid 60 fps. I'd love to see such performance in 4x4 Jam HD as well even though the current state is perfectly acceptable. I tested on iPad mini with retina and it's mostly smooth. There are occasional hiccups when the lens flares are present, but it's nothing significant. All in all it's a very well looking game. I didn't have a chance to play a lot. I tried a few rounds in career mode and unlocked some new paints and vehicle. It's too soon to bring some impressions on it gameplay-wise, but I definitely will later after some proper testing. I'm satisfied so far. For current price it's a no brainer for sure. Recommended!

16. Marcos stein

Marcos stein Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    With some optimization (some frame drops on ipad air 2), this game has the potential to be one of the best racing games for ios.

17. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    I agree with you and macplash!

18. matyou98

matyou98 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    I bought the game and hope for future mifi support. Agree with others hoping for smoother framerate.

My suggestion would be to include screenshots of actual default view gameplay. These car close ups look great but do not give potential buyers an idea of what to expect when they actually play the game.

19. inthismoment07

inthismoment07 Active Member

Aug 12, 2014
    ..... And this is why I hate gaming on iOS sometimes. Buy a game and two days later they drop the price. I understand why they did it but it's still horses***. I want my two dollars back lol. And I'm experiencing the frame drops also on my mini 2. Other than that great game.

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    The game itself is a blast. Really gorgoeous, has great controls and feels almost Destruction Derby-ish...without the destruction, but maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan does it use up battery. I'm talking Radiation Island battery drain. 2 races and my iPhone 6 went down from a fresh recharge to 96%!