Retro Racing 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Chq, Sep 10, 2024.

1. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    #1 Chq, Sep 10, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2024 at 10:20 PM
  2. Mr Qwak

Mr Qwak Well-Known Member

May 23, 2010
  3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Great there’ll be a sequel. The original was superb. Look forward to this new one

4. Mr Qwak

May 23, 2010
    Many thanks. :) Do you know if Touch Arcade still do game reviews?

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    They seem to do as there’s been a few recently. Hope they continue with them

sebgo likes this.
  6. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    I'm so happy for the programmer that he finally finished programming it. The first part was so great and ran so smoothly that it was just a dream.

Greetz Chris

sebgo likes this.
  7. Mr Qwak

May 23, 2010
    Thank you Chris.

I only hope people enjoy this as much as the original. I like it, I think it plays really well, especially as you get further in to the game, to the more varied environments, snow, sand, the different surfaces effect how your car behaves etc.

It's just been so long since the original, a big mistake on my part to take so long with this one. Most people will have forgotten the original Retro Racing, and tastes change over time. I'm hopeful it will do well, but there are never any guarantees, and it could just as easily flop. Such is the life on an indie game dev!

sebgo, Chq and Samuel Dodee like this.
  8. Samuel Dodee

Samuel Dodee Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2024
    Male
    How about controller support?

9. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Quality will always prevail.

sebgo likes this.
  10. Mr Qwak

May 23, 2010
    That would be nice, but I'm not convinced. Just look at the political elite in basically any country!

sebgo likes this.
  11. Mr Qwak

May 23, 2010
    Hi, sorry no, it doesn't. I didn't give it much consideration to be honest, but since I've announced the release, you're like at least the 3rd person to mention it, so it must be something people want. Also, I notice on the AppStore, there is a section just for games with controller support, so I'll potentially be missing out on a feature.

Anyhow, given how many people have mentioned it, it's a strong contender for inclusion in an update!

Do you play most games with a controller? I'm also curious what controllers people use, I'll need to get one or two for testing purposes.

RoaringKitty and Samuel Dodee like this.
  12. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I mostly use controllers for emulation or ports with "complex" (several buttons) control schemes. When games are tailored for mobile, for me they rarely get any extra benefit from external controllers beyond [no fingers on the screen].

I use a pair of Switch Joy-Con.

By the way, I haven't checked it, but great work adding split screen multiplayer in the first game. It's plain genius, considering the fun that may result from playing on a single device with basic and functional controls. I've had a few projects in mind (still learning coding stuff) and one of them involves using that feature, so it's nice seeing what results may look like.

13. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Oh dear. I live in Germany and so I know exactly what you mean. :(

14. Samuel Dodee

Samuel Dodee Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2024
    Male
    All the console/PC games with native controller support (Dead Cells, The Binding of Isaac, etc.) and racing games for sure.
    There is a specific thread about controllers: https://toucharcade.com/community/threads/what-controller-are-you-using.432438/