Out Now Tomb of the Mask+ (by Playgendary Limited / Happymagenta)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Anotherkellydown, Jun 6, 2024.

1. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

sebgo likes this.
  2. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Boy. Somehow got hooked on this..mainly for the levels. But I wish they made it easier to restart/retry levels. The time it takes to quit waiting for revives, the select the level, the press play adds up.. It's fun (mixed with frustration) to figure out each level.

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  3. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Totally agree, and was thinking the exact same thing about restarting, @tops2 I’ve spent 200 coins accidentally so many times now because of my instant restart “muscle memory”. If they added a revive on/off option that would solve that issue. Another thing I’d like is a separate arcade leaderboard for people that used revives. I tested it once and went from 20k to 25k+ with the revive and now I feel guilty. Looks like you can revive up to three times in Arcade mode. How far are you in the levels? I just got to 105.

As far as the general gameplay? I’ve been hooked all over again. It’s wonderful to have this AA version since they destroyed the original with a total IAP overhaul.

P.s. - I think the prize wheel is rigged towards the 25 coins :p

tops2 likes this.
  4. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I knew something was off when I played it again, a long time after the initial launch, but since nobody mentioned it (or maybe I missed the comment), I thought it had always been like that.

I remember enjoying it when it was new, but subsequent updates changed it and the fun rewarding sensation was gone. Good to know the Arcade version is somehow back to its fun shape.

5. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Man..I totally feel the spinning the week feels rigged too.

I ended up getting to lev ~450 or so and quit. There’s some levels that gets too long and the death feels “cheap”. Fun while it lasted!