[Oct 18] Marvel Snap (by Nuverse)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ste86uk, Aug 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    https://apps.apple.com/nz/app/marvel-snap/id1592081003

Anyone else playing this? I seen a little while back but it only seemed to be on android at the time so not sure how long it’s been softlaunched on iOS?

I quite like it so far, you collect cards and use them to win battles. The card don’t get stronger or anything so there’s no levelling them to become more powerful it’s all about strategy and a little bit of luck since the modifiers on each battle are random and you don’t know which you’ll get.

Snap comes into it as when you think your going to win you can snap which doubles your victory rewards but your opponent can surrender before the cost of loosing increases. The same goes for you, you can surrender at any time and you’ll loose less than if you go all the way and loose.

It’s good as a collectible card game along with the battle portion involving stretchy and being fun but the cards! I love battling and winning to upgrade my cards which just improves their appearance. The first upgrade is a border break where the image sticks over the borders of the card, the next one makes it 3D and then after that it’s animated, although not a lot it’s still a card but looks cooler. That’s as far as I’ve gotten so far the purple epic and I’m not sure if there’s higher than that yet. Also some cards have card variants to also collect so you can choose your favourite version to use whenever you want.

2. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Is there a release date on this? I want to play this but not out yet.

3. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Been watching on Twitch and Reddit. It seems like it is working well and fun to play, although people have been complaining about the grind to get new cards. They are still making a lot of changes to it. Leads me to believe it may be another 2-3 months before a US release. The graphics and the cards look amazing.

4. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @ShinHadoukin google says no release date yet but the target is second half of 22. It’s on the NZ AppStore if you have an account there at all.

@Wicked8146 yes I’m earning cards slowly now, at the start it was quick but now it’s just a mystery card every so many upgrades I do on the cards I have. I also finished the tutorial season pass and now it’s unlocked the proper season pass where I see the card of the season is locked behind a paywall but I suppose that’s not unusual with season passes.

But as you said it’s changing and still in beta so I’m happy to keep playing it a bit and seeing what happens. Besides it’s portrait and games take a few minutes, although I do wish they were longer but I’m sure they could add other modes in the future.

Wicked8146 likes this.
  5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Just got my first legendary upgrade which adds a shiny logo for the characters name to the card. I was going to show a screenshot of that and any anyone wants to see but it’s always weird on here…often let’s me add a screenshot then occasionally like now it says files too big…but it’s just a screenshot which worked other times.

6. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Nobody else on this yet? I honestly haven’t felt a need to spend at all yet and fully enjoy the game with no limitations because I haven’t spent.

I’m enjoying the game and the only thing I’ve been tempted to buy iap currency for is to buy other versions of cards. Which are exactly the same just different artwork so no benefit to buying them anyway.

I can see by spending someone would unlock some cards faster as some are given in the paid part of the season pass but I don’t see why I’d need them at all…they aren’t any better than all the free cards I’ve gotten and I already have so many that I struggle to decide who I want in my deck sometimes because there’s lots of options.

7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Releasing worldwide on October 18th.

@Boardumb

8. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    This game comes out in 4 days. I'm pumped. Anyone else?

9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I was playing it daily a lot but then I kind of tailed off. I’ll probably give it another go with launch coming, I did enjoy it I think I just got a bit bored over time.