Almora Darkosen RPG ( Retro Hack and Slash )

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Gear-Studio, Jan 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Would you like to play this game?

1. Yes!

28 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Nope

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gear-Studio

Gear-Studio Active Member

Jan 12, 2022
    Male
    #1 Gear-Studio, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    [​IMG]

iOS Release date: February/March 2022

Hello!
    Almora Darkosen is my long-term project which I have been working on for almost 10 years alone. The game is being developed in Game Maker Studio 2 and has been available on Google Play for over a year. The game currently has about 600,000 downloads and I plan to make it available to Apple users as well.

UPDATE ( 3.06.2022 )
    Download from App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/almora-darkosen-rpg/id1594920342

What is Almora Darkosen about?

Almora Darkosen is a retro style hack and slash, role-playing game set in a fantasy world.
    Talk to the NPCs and complete quests for them. Follow the main storyline and discover new locations.
    The huge Almora Island contains different locations:
    fields, swamps, forests, dark forests, towns, crypts, caves, deserts and other...
    Almora is also a tactical game. Rush in this game is not always advisable...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Game features:

12 Languages ( Polish, English, Russian, Deutsch, Espanol, Bulgarian, Portuguese-Brazil, French, Italian, Turkish, Indonesian, Hungarian )

Long story of Almora Island.

Quests: Over 100 Quests, including Main and side quests with a long story line.

Items: Over 1500 different items, swords, axes, shields, helmets, armors, pants, boots, gloves, rings, stones, potions, herbals, minerals, keys, tools and many other… Includes: basic items, enhanced, rare, unique and legendary.

Mining and digging: Search for minerals like iron, silver or gold ores. Dig some hidden chests and explore whole island with hidden places.

Crafting: Craft Your items, upgrade it to enhanced, rare or unique. Make new mixtures, battle or defensive essences, special keys, discover new items. There is over 300 item combinations.

Inventory with deposit: (Diablo style)

Mercenaries: Hire a mercenary and fight with monsters by his side. Keep him alive, share with him potions and upgrade him to higher level. Mercenaries are very helpfull, usually are stronger than you.

Monsters: Fight with bosses and different monsters with special abilities: flying, crawling, summoning other monsters, casting spells, poisoning, reborning, healing, disappearing and more…

Boats and portals: If you have enough of walking, you can always use a paid boat. You can travel to places you previously discovered.

Minigames: Play Almorian mini games for gold and tokens in the Taverns and hidden places. Collect Almora Tokens to craft better gear and items.

[​IMG]

NPC: talk with all NPCs with their stories and quests.

Skills: Use active and passive skills. You can choose Your skill path, fire or poison, Use the healing skills to heal You and Your mercenaries. Choose what kind of combat do You like, melee or distance.

Game knowledge book: In-game encyclopedy: List and statistics of all discovered items. Monsters statistics and descriptions. Crafting book with listed all discovered items combinations.
    And many others...

Game is free with Ads or No-Ads with Premium ( +some optional features ):

You can turn off the ads by buying the Premium Account. Additionally there are some extra features with Premium Account:

( It's not Pay To Play! or Pay To Win! You can finish the whole game without Premium Account )
    You will not take extra gold and tokens for real money!

☆ No ads in whole game
    ☆ Access to mini games
    ☆ Access to encyclopedy ( items/monsters/crafting )
    ☆ Crafting preview on crafting table

Official homepage: https://almoradarkosen.com

houseofg and sharfaust like this.
  2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Looks great, i would play this for sure and like the way you can pay to go premium with no ad's. Instant purchase from me

3. Gear-Studio

Jan 12, 2022
    Male
    Thanks a lot! Nice to hear :) Many players appreciate that they don't have to buy anything with real money to finish the game fully or have an forced advantage in the game. If someone wants to go all for free, they can do so by watching advertisements, but no one is forced to go to Premium :)

4. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    looks really good, can’t wait to play it!

5. Gear-Studio

Jan 12, 2022
    Male
    Thanks! :)

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh wow! This looks impressive as hell. :D

May I ask if you're also aiming for the same price-tag for Premium as it is on Android ($4.99)?

7. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    This looks great! Does this have full controller support? If it does, that is an easy premium purchase for me. Fingers crossed.

8. Gear-Studio

Jan 12, 2022
    Male
    Thanks! :) Price will be the same +/- some taxes, but I will try to calculate the same price with Apple fees etc. :)

Thanks!
    At the moment, unfortunately, there is no pad support yet, I know that several players have used third-party programs to use the pads (assigning the action of touching the screen to a given button) and it works well, but I know that native support is a more more better than simulation :) In any case, it is on my TODO list and it is very possible that I will be able to implement it with the game release on iOS :)
    TODO list: https://almoradarkosen.com/change-log

Thank you guys for feedback!

metalcasket, sharfaust and houseofg like this.
  9. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Will the game have an iPad version (4:3 aspect ratio)?
    All the screen shots look like they were taken on a wider iPhone screen.
    Game looks fantastic btw.

10. Gear-Studio

Jan 12, 2022
    Male
    Thanks!

Native resolution is 800x480 with aspect ratio ( black bars if not fit ) or force fullscreen ( resize on whole screen ).
    I am during testing on different iOS devices, so I'll pay attention to 4:3. Thanks for info :)

stubbieoz likes this.
  11. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Thanks for that.
    I will wishlist it for now and see how things go with testing.
    I only play games on my iPad Pro so that’s why it’s important to me.

12. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Hey, like the old skool look. I guess just adding to the comments here. I also play on a iPad Pro, I would really expect full screen. Also controller support for a game of this nature is essential to me! Even if not there on day 1, knowing it’s definitely coming would be enough!

sharfaust likes this.
  13. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I hope the game gets published globally, not just countries where languages are supported.

AltsKev likes this.
  14. Gear-Studio

Jan 12, 2022
    Male
    Thanks for feedback :) I want to play on gamepad too, so I am working on it hard :)

Yes, it will be globally as now for Android. Thanks!

Jackaluk and Jstorm like this.
  15. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Any more concrete dates for the release?

16. Gear-Studio

Jan 12, 2022
    Male
    A more accurate date will be known in about 2 weeks as I finish internal iOS compatibility tests. I still have a few minor problems, but I fix them on a regular basis :)

Legion180 and Jstorm like this.
  17. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Really looking forward to this game and Puzzle Quest 3.

18. Lurchroboter

Lurchroboter Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2016
    Any news regarding a release date? I am really looking forward to this!

19. Gear-Studio

Jan 12, 2022
    Male
    Glad to hear :)

Yes, I plan to release the iOS version at the end of March. However at the beginning of March I want to make close tests with beta testers.
    Now I am just testing the main mechanics of the game on my testing device iPhone 7 and works fine. I need to test it on more devices:

Announcement:
    If someone want to help me, feel free to send me your email ( used in Apple Store ) via PM. I will add you to the testers list :) Thanks!

Legion180 likes this.
  20. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Nice to hear that you are steadily progressing towards the iOS release.

I suggest you double check that the game fully supports the screen aspect ratio of iPhone XR and latter. There are some people that go berserk seeing black borders on these devices.

sebgo and Legion180 like this.