Goodbye Everyone! Thank You TA and all!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Rocotilos, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Rocotilos

Rocotilos Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    iOS Apps & Games Developer
    Hey guys,

Just saying goodbye because I can no longer afford to continue indie app and games development.
    Had a good run in 2010, then it was only going downhill to me no matter what I do (update apps, release new apps, marketing, yadda yada).

Actually I got a dayjob since 2016 but been doing apps at the side on a Mac Mini 2012. Today I found out that any new app updates or uploads will require XCode12, which in turn requires Big Sur, which in turn not supported by my good old Mac Mini. And New Mac Mini is wayyyyyyyyyyyy too expensive for me. So that's it. I will still renew my license this year, because I am still getting more money than the value of the license. But no more updates, no more new apps.

So I will take this opportunity to say thank you to TA, that has helped promoting my indie games and apps in the past. Also thank to fellow indie developers who have helped in answering my questions.

Being an indie iOS developer was a dream come true and I also thank to the late Steve Jobs for that. But with everything else, where there is a beginning there will be an end. Time to wake up from that dream and face the truth.

Cheers!