Universal SNKRX (by David Khachaturov)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by anthony78, Jun 27, 2021.

1. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/snkrx/id1572602587

Snake / RPG / Rogue-like that has over a thousand of positive reviews on Steam. A bit cryptic and not sure I understand everything but it’s fun. Only issue is no auto rotation but hopefully it gets updated with that.

SNKRX

MAZETTE LTD
    SNKRX is an arcade shooter roguelite where you control a snake made of multiple heroes, with each one having their own a…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    SNKRX is an arcade shooter roguelite where you control a snake made of multiple heroes, with each one having their own attacks, passives and classes. Inspired by the auto-battler genre, each hero in the snake has a set of classes, and combining enough heroes of the same class together grants additional class bonuses. Heroes can also be upgraded to be more powerful when copies are bought from the shop. == Gameplay == * Your snake can't stop moving, turn it left or right to steer * Your heroes attack automatically when close to enemies * Combine heroes of the same classes together to unlock unique class bonuses * Clearing arenas grants gold, which can be used to hire heroes at the shop * Buying enough copies of the same heroes levels them up, making them more powerful == Features == * 40+ heroes, each with unique attacks and passives * 12+ classes, each giving stat boosts and modifiers to your snake * 40+ passive items, each giving strong global effects to your snake * 25+ levels of increasing difficulty as the run progresses * 15+ achievements * Soundtrack by Kubbi
    Information
    Seller:MAZETTE LTD
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Jun 23, 2021
    Updated:Aug 17, 2021
    Version:1.25
    Size:67.4 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Hit up the dev on Twitter. Dude seems to be taking and implementing feedback at insane speeds, judging by the latest update.

3. SuperSpooky

SuperSpooky Member

Dec 27, 2018
    Male
    This game is great, I bought it on steam after a podcast recommendation and I ended up sinking 4 hours into it and basically praying that it would get a mobile port. I had no idea it would come out so quickly.

It’s a super smart mix of snake and the easiest to digest version of an auto chess leveling system (of what I remember, didn’t really enjoy those games much), there are a ton of units to pick, and then you add on the usual perks and relics you’d expect from the roguelite side of things. Cant recommend it enough.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Auto-rotation and the latest PC update have been patched in. :) Bought it on a whim (and @SuperSpooky’s post above) and while I’m too early in to really know what’s going on, the soundtrack is worth the entry price alone!

5. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    +1, noticed on steam, bought for iOS.

this is interesting.

6. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Seems like a great little gem. I’m not quite clear on what’s going on with the classes section of the pre-arena screen but I’m sure I’ll figure it out.

Interesting guide at the steam page; I’m guessing it’s either entirely or mostly relevant to the mobile port:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2503872562

One thing I’ve noticed is there’s a bit of slowdown in hectic moments. I know my XS Max isn’t on the cutting edge any more but surely it’s the match of this?

7. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Each module / unit comes with class card(s).

the class section of the screen shows what you have.

Fill enough of a class card to unlock a passive bonus. (Tap on the class card to see what this is).

basically, it’s a reward for having multiple similar units. Not quite “all yellow” (bc some L2, l3 etc cards of other colours may come with a “yellow” class card as one of two or three class cards). But along those lines.

it does pay to be mindful of them.

MetaGonzo likes this.
  8. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Ok, cheers.

9. malaheart

malaheart Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Male
    Angel
    Melbourne, Australia
    SNKRX Trailer

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Every now and then a game comes along…like, seriously makes you question how an idea wasn’t thought of before, and instead of just implementing that idea…truly grabs the ball and runs with it. SNKRX is that game. Just perfection in every sense of the word. This game is special. Like SPECIAL special. If Snake came preinstalled on Nokia devices back in the day, SNKRX should come preinstalled on all modern devices.

Chicken Police may have won my heart (and prolonged gaming sessions) this week, but every single spare second I've got is dedicated to SNKRX.

HG VAMPIRE likes this.
  11. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

The music is excellent. I know MC mentioned that but I was thinking it first :D

I’m in the camp of folks who are confused about the class system. I’ve learned more than I knew several days ago when I started playing but it’s still confusing having units of the same type but different colors. I know if I have 3 units of the same color and type they will merge, adding bonus damage, healing, etc. but it gets weird when the color is different but the unit is called the same thing. Hope that makes sense.

Does anyone try to upgrade the shop? I usually do… There’s a button in the main hub that says “lock” between “reroll” and the shop level. What does that do, lock orientation?

I hate those friggin’ white machine guns!

metalcasket likes this.
  12. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    I'm confused too about the class system.
    The lock button prevent the reroll of unit when you finish a stage.
    You ll keep your unit in shop.

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  13. AltsKev

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    btw, i still have a bug with gamecenter, if i go back to my home, and go to the game, i have a freeze for 20 secondes

14. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Yeah I just can’t get my head round the class/unit setup, even trying to read up a bit on it!

It’s frustrating as on my first run with clearly zero idea what was going on I got to 22/25. Now I can barely get into the low teens. Obviously I had a great build first time around, but why? How? :D

Still, I do keep coming back to it. It’s a lot of fun and I will work it out because of that!

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Is that with the latest update? I recall the update notes saying a GC bug was fixed.

Oh, and haha, glad to see we're all on the same page regarding the class system! :p

16. AltsKev

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    yes with the last update.

haha yes, maybe with more practice that ll be more understandable.

metalcasket likes this.
  17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Hit up the porter over here on Twitter. ;)

AltsKev likes this.
  18. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Gods of RNG

the way I think of classes is, broadly, capacities. What’s the attack type / action of a given unit? If it swarms, it’s probably got swarmer somewhere in there. Nuker, <some> AoE, though AoE is so common it’s split between multiple classes.

IDK, I don’t find gathering classes hard. Because it literally shows you what you’re buying. And most runs I manage to fill at least three class bonuses.

What I find harder is navigating buying and selling units. Tier 4 units clearly have a fair bit more oomph, but by the time I can acdsss them, what do i switch out? What’s the chance, realistically, of levelling them up?

I also need to improve at saving early game cash (guides I’ve seen recommend merchants to +1/10 your interest?!) instead of spamming reroll to tank my current snake.

19. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Legendary build earlier. So much gold. So much levelling up. Beat l17 without breaking a sweat.

Slaughtered mercilessly in l18 ‍♂️

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh man, no kidding. Those RNG gods playing with me once again. Had an incredible, incredible build of dual gunners, witches and…I don’t even know…doing my bidding at such an unbelievable pace that I was literally in a corner spinning in a circle in most levels, while enemies were being obliterated left and right. Decided to focus on just upgrading instead of managing units, while constantly thinking “Well, this isn’t going to be a fun anymore” (because, y'know...OP to the MAX)…

Lo and behold, hit Level 21: Ass. Handed. To. Me.

I hate and love this game so much!