Android SAM - Virtual Pet Dog

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by CuddlyCreeps, May 4, 2021.

1. CuddlyCreeps

CuddlyCreeps New Member

Apr 10, 2021
    Hi guys,

we are a small, freshly hatched, two persons indie-studio from Germany called Cuddly Creeps.

Our current project was made in our free time and we had to learn a lot about coding and designing first but it was fun to work on this.

We want to introduce you to our very first self-made game. SAM – Virtual Pet Dog.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CuddlyCreeps.SAM&hl=de&gl=US

In this free mobile pet app, you have to care for a little dog and play with him outside to fulfill his needs just like a Tamagotchi.
    Vorstellungsgrafik.jpg

We're planning to add some more content to the game via updates, but we also really need some feedback first.
    Planned are more breeds, more mini-games, more ways to spend your in-game money and more activities for your pet.

As this one is our first game, we're very excited and a little bit of afraid on getting your reviews.
    (Already got our first hater comment ☹ )

Why a pet game?

I loved playing with my Tamagotchi and pet games when I was like 10years old. It was the time when the internet was full of screen-savers, flash videos and dumb mini-games when I got my first PC. I liked to just watch the animations and the feel of having a digital pet.

I also thought it would be a good beginner’s project from a developer’s point of view.

Since Corona started, we had a lot of time and wanted to fill it with something useful. As I already had some basic programming experience and my wife likes to draw, we decided to make this game.

Back to the game.
    I chose Unity as my game engine, as it seemed easy to learn and is free to use.

Creating our pet, we tried to achieve a Disney-alike Comic look.

All graphics are handmade by us and we put a lot of love and way more time than planned into this project.

Of course, this post is some kind of advertising our game, to get clicks and reviews and push our game at the start. Every little bit helps as the competition is very high and we don’t have any money for paid advertising. The mobile market is a crazy place (we didn’t know this when we started :D).

But this is also the chance for us to get some real useful critic to improve our game through updates.

And who could give us better feedback than you guys who know what it means to work on an Android project.

So, we would be very grateful to read your review and hear your opinion on our very first app.

The Cuddly Creeps