iPad Geneforge 1 - Mutagen HD (by Spiderweb Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brightsiderus, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    #1 Brightsiderus, Apr 21, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2021

Geneforge 1 - Mutagen HD

Spiderweb Software
    Geneforge 1 – Mutagen is a unique, truly open-ended fantasy adventure in a strange, new world. You are one of the Shaper…
    $9.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Geneforge 1 – Mutagen is a unique, truly open-ended fantasy adventure in a strange, new world. You are one of the Shapers, wizards with the awesome power to create life. Want a tool, a trap, an army? You summon it into existence. You create mighty beasts, and they totally obey you. Usually. At least, that's how it's supposed to be. You have been stranded on a forbidden island, full of the powerful, lost secrets of your people. Invaders are also here, trying to steal and master your knowledge. Race them for the awesome treasures hidden here. And destroy the thieves. Or join them. Geneforge 1 – Mutagen offers unmatched freedom in how you play. Use magic or your deadly pets to crush your enemies. Or, use trickery, diplomacy, and stealth to win the game without ever attacking a foe. Choose between a host of rival factions or just destroy everything. Defeat the final boss, or switch sides and join him. Fight alone with blades, missiles, or magic, or create your own army of custom-made mutant monsters. Geneforge is an epic fantasy adventure with over eighty zones to explore, 50+ hours of gameplay, and unmatched replayability. Choose from dozens of skills, abilities, and pets to reach a vast array of different endings. The coming rebellion will scorch your continent. Who will win? It will be up to you. Geneforge 1 - Mutagen is a total remaster of our 2001 cult-classic Geneforge. It contains new areas, quests, characters, and dialogue, a redone interface and systems, and a complete reworking of every single thing to bring it into the modern era of gaming.
    Information
    Seller:Spiderweb Software
    Genre:Role Playing, Strategy
    Release:Apr 20, 2021
    Updated:Oct 14, 2021
    Version:1.0.2
    Size:196.1 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/geneforge-1-mutagen-hd/id1558176767

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Man, I put many hours on this way back when on my Mac. I know it’s a challenge, it I would love to revisit it on my iPhone.

3. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    oh its for ipad only :(

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    They’ve made one game for iPhone — Queen’s Wish — which is good but just not the same.

AltsKev likes this.
  5. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Is this like their other games? Gameplay wise?

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Yes. The gene system is a bit different, but overall the game has the same simpler-Baldur’s Gate feel as their other titles.

sharfaust likes this.
  7. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    I have their other titles, but I got them all on sale. Would you recommend this game at this price or should I wait for a sale?

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    It’s been many years since I played through this. From my perspective, I prefer to pay full price for Spiderweb games because I really like their work. But if you have a backlog of their other games, or are kind of lukewarm, there’s no reason to buy this at once.

sharfaust likes this.
  9. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    I think the audio that accompanies the AppStore video might be a mistake? I hear two guys talking & laughing about some book or movie. Or maybe I just don’t get it?

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh. My. God. This is hilarious! :p

Collin likes this.