Universal [May 6] Lines On Sides (by Mandigondo) - a minimalist puzzle game - beta tests

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Mandigondo, Apr 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandigondo

Mandigondo Active Member

Aug 7, 2018
    Male
    #1 Mandigondo, Apr 9, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    lines_on_sides_main_logo.png

Hi! On May 6, 2021 I am releasing Lines On Sides. It is a minimalistic puzzle game where you arrange the tiles so that their sides match each other in colors.

If you want to help me improve the game and spend some of your precious time please send me a direct message with your e-mail. Thanks. :)

Update: In order to accelerate and facilitate participation in the tests, here is the link: https://testflight.apple.com/join/HILxFiQ0

Those who do not want to test the game can already preorder it at: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1555093399 for only $0.99 :)

More at www.mandigondo.com/lines

lines_on_sides_screenshot_02.png lines_on_sides_screenshot_05.png

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Hey Michal, I just pre-ordered your new game, looks like fun to play, I don’t do beta tests no more sorry, just wanna have fun with new puzzle games.
    Good luck with further development.

Mandigondo likes this.
  3. Mandigondo

Mandigondo Active Member

Aug 7, 2018
    Male
    Hi Roger. :) Thanks a lot and I hope you will enjoy playing it. I am waiting for your opinion as soon as you play it. :)

4. Mandigondo

Mandigondo Active Member

Aug 7, 2018
    Male
    I have refined a few things in the game:
    - improved graphics (especially you can see it on 4-inch screens devices),
    - improved movement of tiles,
    - fixed a few minor bugs.

TestFlight: https://testflight.apple.com/join/HILxFiQ0

5. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Very nice. Aesthetically pleasing and straightforward to play. I’ve only just started so I’m sure there’s more of a challenge to come.

I do wonder about the orientation. I’m playing by holding it in portrait as that’s my preference for a game like this.
    Is there any reason for it to be locked in landscape? Perhaps there’s a mechanic that demands it that I’m yet to encounter.
    If not, actual portrait support would be a minor yet welcome addition.

6. Mandigondo

Mandigondo Active Member

Aug 7, 2018
    Male
    Thanks for the feedback. Hmmm, there is no mechanics in the game that requires it to be locked in a landscape orientation. On the other hand, the arrows for going through the levels would sometimes overlap the level. This would be most visible on an iPhone, and you would sometimes miss them. Of course, this is my assumption. :) I tried to make sure that neither the arrows nor the other buttons overlap the level.

7. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA