Universal Queen: Rock Tour (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/queen-rock-tour/id1535520077

Queen: Rock Tour

UMG Recordings, Inc.
    Become a rock legend with Queen as you tap to the rhythm of over 20 classic songs including Bohemian Rhapsody, We Will R…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Become a rock legend with Queen as you tap to the rhythm of over 20 classic songs including Bohemian Rhapsody, We Will Rock You, We Are the Champions and Radio Ga Ga. Hit the stage and perform with the entire band—Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon—as you unleash your music talents to play thrilling guitar riffs, heart-pounding drum solos and much more. All you need to do is tap the tiles in time with the rhythm! Embark on a musical journey to rediscover the story of Queen, the world’s most iconic rock band. Play their greatest hits at historic venues, create your own stage performances with unique animations and legendary outfits, and collect exclusive images from the official archives of Queen! ◉ GAME FEATURES > (Fully Unlocked Version Required) • Play your favorite tracks with over 20 official Queen songs from their greatest albums, including Bohemian Rhapsody, Keep Yourself Alive, We Will Rock You, I Want to Break Free, We Are the Champions, and many more! • Challenge your music skills in this fun, addictive, and intuitive game. Whether you’re playing the guitar, drums, or bass, or you're on vocals, just tap the tiles as they float by to create some of the most memorable music on mobile! • Keep the rhythm going across the stage to chain together crazy combos and rack up an amazing game score as you play and complete the songs! • Dazzle the audience with official outfits and customizable accessories you can unlock and pick out for each venue. • Play your songs in one iconic venue after another, including the original stages in London, Tokyo, Houston, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, and many more. • Master the guitar, drums, bass, vocals, and even the piano as you tap tiles to become the ultimate rock music legend. • Witness breathtaking performances with amazing graphics and unique stage animations inspired by the iconic style and presence of Queen. • Unlock and collect fun music trivia facts and exclusive band images from the official Queen archives. ***READY TO MAKE MUSIC HISTORY WITH QUEEN? IT’S SHOWTIME!*** >>> Queen: Rock Tour is free to download and play, but if you wish, you can enrich your experience by purchasing the full game with real money. Purchase of the full game using real money is performed using a credit card, or other form of payment associated with your account, and is activated when you input your iTunes account password, without the need to re-enter your credit card number or PIN. Once your iTunes account password is entered, your account will allow in-app purchases for 15 minutes. To restrict or disable in-app purchases, you can change the settings on your iOS device (Settings > Screen Time > tap “Turn on Screen Time”). Disabling password protection may result in unauthorized purchases. We strongly encourage you to keep password protection turned on if you have children or if others have access to your device. The game requires an Internet connection (3G or Wi-Fi) for in-app purchases and cloud saves. No additional downloads or third-party advertisements are required for this game. Queen: Rock Tour supports 14 languages including English, French, German, Bahasa Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, and Turkish. Privacy Policy: https://privacy.umusic.com Terms of Use: https://privacy.umusic.com/terms/ End-User License Agreement: https://privacy.umusic.com/eula/
    Information
    Seller:UMG Recordings, Inc.
    Genre:Music
    Release:Feb 28, 2021
    Updated:Jul 14, 2021
    Version:1.1.6
    Size:838.6 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Wow. It’s really gameloft and there is only one iap? I don’t believe my eyes

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Might try this due to one decent priced IAP.

But poor Gameloft. Amazing years back. Those early dungeon Hunter games. Heroes of Sparta. Amazing for their time until they went freemium.

The trailer looks decent so I’ll try it out

4. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Not seeing Gameloft in the US. Seems to be Universal Music Group. Maybe they’re just publishing it in some countries?

5. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    No. You can only guess that it’s a gameloft by play market. They are marked as email for support. Also you can see “Gameloft for Brands” Logo when opening app

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Remind me never to check Google Play ever again. THIS GAME SHOULD BE FREE TO ALL FANS OF QUEEN, NOT ONLY THOSE WHO CAN PAY.

Someone shoot me.

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Not bad at all. I like the horizontal orientation and the way that the left and right hand lanes are clearly delineated. The band looks adorable and well animated — big fan of the special abilities. And the whole history approach really works.

Only played through two songs in easy, but pretty impressed so far. The lack of IAPs is a nice bonus.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It's a phenomenal game, even if Queen isn't entirely my jam. The production values are through the roof, the charts (whatever they're called / at least in the free portion / while certainly not anywhere near as difficult as other rhythm games) are fun as hell and this legitimately is the only rhythm game I've ever played on mobile where you screwing up = the song actually screws up.

squarezero likes this.
  9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Just purchased the full version, and my brain couldn't help meander a little bit...so I thought I would put it into words: It's a little nuts thinking about this being a Gameloft game. Even though they pushed the boundaries of what was capable on iOS a decade ago and had faith in the platform like nobody else did, we'd be kidding ourselves if we said those games had heart and soul. As time passed and the landscape of mobile changed, Gameloft moved on and unarguably produced games with even less heart and soul (if any). What does that have to do with anything? The heart and soul of this game. What could have easily been the epitome of free-to-play-ness is instead a rock solid (pun intended) premium rhythm game that won't break your wallet and, as @squarezero implied above, just oozes love and appreciation toward a band (and its history) that so many people (evident by the aforementioned Google Play reviews) hold in such high regard. I cannot recommend checking out, at least, the free portion of this game enough...and I'm secretly wishing it sparks a resurgence of major rhythm games on mobile. Guitar Hero: Metallica port, anyone?

But yeah, holy crap is Gameloft capable of creating pure gold when given the chance. Very, very impressed.

squarezero likes this.
  10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    As a fan of the band, I agree: this is very much a labor of love. There’s a lot to enjoy here as a fan, but my favorite thing so far are what they call the “tour trailers,” which play when you unlock a new level. They’re like little perfect jewels of motion graphic design. Easily worth the price of admission.

I’m still stunned this is Gameloft.

metalcasket likes this.
  11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah I don’t mind queen. My late dad loved them so knew lots of songs. So far the games great.

As mentioned in stunned it’s gameloft. Nicely priced IAP to unlock the game. It’s really good

12. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I still think that Gameloft may have developed the game FOR Universal Music Group. So it was probably UMG that decided the business model. I wouldn’t expect this to change the rest of Gameloft’s games going forward.

squarezero likes this.
  13. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    But you can’t deny that they did a great job

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    That’s likely true. The game does show, though, that Gameloft can still pull off a premium, polished game. Maybe that will give them ideas :).

metalcasket and anthony78 like this.
  15. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I saw this when it was fresh at the top of the game thread but forgot about it until I noticed the TA GotW Award on Twitter. After reading the article (and all these comments) I’m excited to try it out. I’m a pretty big fan of Queen so what could go wrong?

Boardumb likes this.
  16. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    #16 orangecan, Mar 6, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    I looked at this on the store and thought well I’m not touching that with a bargepole - then saw the gotw article and decided I’d better give it a go at least and bought the iap after one tune. Excellent stuff.

Boardumb likes this.