Universal PuzzleQuest 3 (by 505 games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by squarezero, Jan 21, 2021.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    https://venturebeat.com/2021/01/21/puzzle-quest-3-announced-as-a-free-to-play-sequel/

Not much info has been released yet, except that it will be free to play, it will be made by original developer Infinity Plus Two (which 505 bought in 2019) and releasing on PC and mobile at the end of the year. It’s not the first time that this franchise has gone FTP, at least in the Magic and Marvel crossovers. But still, it a kind of a bummer.

BTW PuzzleQuest 1 and 2 have been gone from the AppStore for years, but PQ2 still works with the latest iOS.

Pagan Fox and Rocksaint like this.
  2. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    It takes a lot to get me out of lurking mode nowadays and this news is just such a thing.
    Very excited by what I have read, but no release date mentioned which tempers the initial enthusiasm somewhat.
    I hope the devs follow the addictive and free-roaming formula of PQ1 rather than the more rigid structure of PQ2.
    I Still play Puzzle Quest 1 and expansions on Steam every so often.
    Will be watching this space avidly.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    As a side note, it would be nice if 505 brought the Switch version of PQ1 to iOS.

4. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Some initial thoughts from Puzzle Quest 3 here from Kotaku.

5. Mercurial

Mercurial Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2020
    Male
    Why do game devs/publishers choose f2p monetization over a premium release? It casts doubt in ones mind when you hit a difficulty spike. Is it really a difficulty spike or just a paywall?