iPhone 12 and My Favorite Game Don't Get Along

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Nates4Christ, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Nates4Christ

Nates4Christ Member

Oct 30, 2020
    Male
    I'm coming from an iPhone 6s and I just upgraded to the iPhone 12 pro. I love playing "Beat Street". The game is not working well on the iPhone 12. After I finish a level the buttons that I press on the bottom of the screen are totally unresponsive. When I start up the game they work fine, but then they just stop working. I'm not sure if it is the game or if it is this new phone. My iPhone 6s worked great and it was also using iOS 14.

Attached Files:

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Contact the devs, good chance the issue is that you have the larger Iphone 12 pro and they havent properly tested it on that device as its brand new.

3. Nates4Christ

Nates4Christ Member

Oct 30, 2020
    Male
    Thanks. I did reach out to them. I have tried to contact them before with no response. The iPhone 11 had a 6.1" screen just like the 12 pro has. Do you think there is a difference between them?

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Could be, i've upgraded over the years and had the odd issue with games. Also ios14 affected some games so some have to be updated. I love the game Metal Slug but ios 13/14 caused issues with the display, buttons i just cant press on screen or moved to somewhere else which is frustrating.

Always a slight risk upgrading the iOS but you cant win as brand new phones always come with the latest iOS installed.

5. Nates4Christ

Nates4Christ Member

Oct 30, 2020
    Male
    Would you mind trying this game with your iPhone and see if the buttons quit working for you too? What iPhone do you have? I'm debating on returning this one and trying to find an 11 pro.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I've got an iphone xs

Installed it, did the first mission, got the boxes at the end. Saw the four buttons at the bottom, tapped away on them all good. Didnt realise the game was also landscape so tried that also. Seemed fine

I reckon the issue might be you having the max version. As its brand new also maybe the devs need some time to fix it, unusure how they work but if they dont have an iphone 12 max to try it on maybe they just use some sort of 'simulator' and that might not be ideal.

Also as the games free you could perhaps test it out at an Apple store to make sure. I remember when i moved up to the iphone xs i was nervous of old games that wont be optimised for the xs screen and how they might work (eg black borders). The guy at the shop was helpful.

In an ideal world the dev would get back to you, i tend to contact them on twitter as then people can openly see it. Good luck

7. Nates4Christ

Nates4Christ Member

Oct 30, 2020
    Male
    Alright. Thank you very much. I actually don't have the Max version. It's the regular pro with the 6.1" screen. I think that is a good idea. I need to go to bestbuy and try this out on their display phone. If it works on there then I know I have a problem. No applet stores here unfortunately.

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Ahhh okay, sure it'll be okay to install a free app to test it out. Surely they would let you do that as they want the sale. If its the normal iphone 12 i'm surprised theres an issue but yeah best to check it out

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It’s not your phone. I ran into the same problem on my 12 pro.

10. Nates4Christ

Nates4Christ Member

Oct 30, 2020
    Male
    Wonderful. Thank you. When I went to bestbuy, verizon, and ATT there was no way to download and try it on their demo phones.

11. PewPewOnYou

PewPewOnYou Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2020
    Male
    USA
    Their last update was 6 months ago. They’re working on updating, which is surprising for a game with subscription fees. I don’t like what I’m smelling.

12. PewPewOnYou

PewPewOnYou Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2020
    Male
    USA
    iPhone 12 just came out this month.