Universal [Soft Launched] Nodeshifter - A Roguelike Arcade Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by bottledgalaxy, Aug 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bottledgalaxy

bottledgalaxy Member

Aug 10, 2020
    #1 bottledgalaxy, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    Ok so full disclosure we are new to the community and this is our first game. Sincerely appreciate any feedback! We would also love any testers that may be interested.

We pushed a lightweight version of the game to the UK, Canada, Australia, and Mexico but the Global push won't be until end of August or early September- so if you want to test and you live in one of those countries please email us ([email protected]) or chat so we can send free tokens. Any other countries please also email us (or DM/post here) if you want to test and we can send the TestFlight link.

Ok on to the fun stuff!

Story: It’s 1986 and Earth is under attack by a swarm of aliens invading through the computer! Become a pilot of the most secretive and advanced DARPA project to help rid the planet from these pre-internet beings!

Playstyle: Nodeshifter is a fast-paced roguelike arcade where each run is unique and challenging. The game is simple to play and perfect for short stints of pure bliss or the obligatory “restroom break” time. Each run you will have the opportunity to upgrade your ship which makes smashing aliens easier.

Mechanics: At the center of your screen is a Hex that must be protected from waves of incoming enemies. To accomplish this goal, you have a Node which moves along a predetermined orbit. You control the direction of the node and the size of the orbit. Destroy enemies by smashing them with your node.

The Team: There are 3 of us who just love games. We're out of Central Florida and all have much more boring day jobs.

Our Twitter handle is @nodeshifter and would love to have some follows!

Pricing Model: Still trying to figure out a monetization model. We started out with a paid version and now we are thinking ads… perhaps both? Feedback on what the community has seen as effective would be amazing!

Video Footage

Screenshots
    6.5_1.png 6.5_2.png 6.5_3.png 6.5_4.png 6.5_5.png 6.5_6.png

Some art so you can get a feel of the vibe
    nodeshifter-poster-1-small.jpg

Some of the permanent upgrades you can get... cassettes
    cassettes.png

An enemy example
    enemy-dart.jpg

You can subscribe on our website to be notified when we launch, check it out and please share your feedback!

https://nodeshifter.com

sebgo likes this.
  2. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
  3. bottledgalaxy

bottledgalaxy Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Hey, thanks for your interest, just sent the invite. Let me know what you think!

4. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
  5. bottledgalaxy

bottledgalaxy Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Just sent it Kevin, let us know what you think!

AltsKev likes this.
  6. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I’d rather choose the aliens to take over the Earth if I have to watch ads.

7. bottledgalaxy

bottledgalaxy Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Good thing we haven't chosen that route yet! We are actually thinking about having 2 different versions. One paid upfront and another one free with ads. I know a lot of games choose to do an IAP to remove ads, but that just sounds like too much work when you know you dislike ads already. What are your thoughts?

8. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    While I am happy that you are considering the premium and the free with ads versions, will ads only really worth maintaining? I don’t know how much ad views you need to earn a dollar, but if you are going to have two versions, you might want to put some work to add remove ads IAP in the free version with the same price tag as the premium version.

Those who started with the free version are not likely to go back to the store for a premium version, but might purchase the ad removal IAP.

9. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    ... I guess you don’t need a premium version if you are going to put remove ad IAP. Brain fart early in the morning.

10. bottledgalaxy

bottledgalaxy Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Ohh definitely. IF we go down the free route, there WILL be an IAP to remove ads. We'll just have a standalone app as well.
    We have no idea how much ad views you need to earn a dollar either unfortunately. This is our first game so we are learning as we go. But we soft launched over a week ago and we got 0 sales. So that's what is making us think about the free version...

11. bottledgalaxy

bottledgalaxy Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Well, I don't know about that... some people might steer away from Free games altogether thinking that they are ad based?

12. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well, sorry to hear that you had 0 sales so far... but with so many apps being added to the AppStore each day, you kinda have to promote your game somehow so that people know that your game exists in the first place. I think this forum is a good place to start.
    At the least you are guaranteed to get a sales from me.

AltsKev and bottledgalaxy like this.
  13. bottledgalaxy

bottledgalaxy Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Thank you for the support! I hope my comment didn't come out as I was whining about not getting sales haha, it was just an observation that is making us re-think our monetization strategy.

14. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    i like your game, more i play and more i am better.

it's true you need to promote your game somewhere, and i think too toucharcade is a good place to do that

15. bottledgalaxy

bottledgalaxy Member

Aug 10, 2020
    That's great to hear! Any feedback? Recommendations? Critiques? Anything is welcome!

16. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I will just wait until the game is globally available.

sebgo and bottledgalaxy like this.
  17. Capronissimo71

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Thanks!

18. bottledgalaxy

bottledgalaxy Member

Aug 10, 2020
  19. Capronissimo71

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Just played a bit and i think it’s a great game! Not so easy and yet not so hard and super simple to play!

bottledgalaxy likes this.