[Softlaunch] Hay Day Pop (by Supercell)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ste86uk, Jun 3, 2020.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #1 ste86uk, Jun 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    I somehow come across this on the AppStore today and had no idea it existed, couldn’t tell you which countries it’s softlaunched in sorry but it’s on my U.K. App Store.

Basically looks like a Hayday themed match 3 trying to move in on Candycrush territory which proved very profitable for King.

I don’t really like match 3 type games outside of a Dungeon Raid kind of thing but in this one you also have a farm and the stars you earn playing levels earns you gold and unlocks to decorate your farm. Some of those decorations generate power ups on timers like chickens producing eggs which have power ups in them and crops producing power ups rather than crops. Just to add the timers on the decorations generating power ups for you are fairly long like 4 hours on the crops, no reason you need to log in often If you don’t want to as it’s only for a power up.

Seems your general gameplay with 5 lives I assume on a timer to generate new ones if you lose any which I haven’t yet. It has a trophy road kind of thing for earning rewards but it talks about seasons so maybe those reset every season with special rewards for that season only it sounds like.

The levels seem good so far as it keeps introducing new mechanics and blocks keeping it interesting and the power ups from big matches seem very powerful especially a double popcorn! Clears the whole board.

I am sad but not surprised to see a season pass although it did give me the first month for free. But seriously will someone buy a season pass for a matching game? Do Supercell think someone is going to spend £30 a month on a pass for each of their games? It all adds up. But those are just extra rewards which you can live without and at least in Brawl Stars you still get everything without the pass, just slower.

2. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Here’s the soft launch list

Attached Files:

3. Hector Ruiz

Hector Ruiz Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Male
    Any images?

4. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    A quick google will give you that. This keeps saying the files are too large.

Attached Files: