Universal Wilderless (by Protopop Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Royce, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011

Wilderless

Robert Kabwe
    COMPATIBILITY iPad Pro, iPad Air 4, iPhone X and up. A HUGE PROCEDURALLY GENERATED OPEN WORLD No enemies. No quests. J…
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    COMPATIBILITY iPad Pro, iPad Air 4, iPhone X and up. A HUGE PROCEDURALLY GENERATED OPEN WORLD No enemies. No quests. Just miles of beautiful, natural, untamed wilderness to explore and relax in. Enjoy a world of quiet moments and stunning views, with golden sunsets behind sky-high mountains, flower filled rolling green hills, and frost covered tundra and frozen lakes - Explore a gorgeous, vast open world wilderness - A true Open World. Go anywhere, anytime - A beautiful soundtrack covers many moods as you explore - Customize your character with hair, hats, outfits and more - Place shelters: choose from 2 tents, natural rock and a small house - Relax in a natural and calm stress-free environment - Ad-free, no in-app purchases or additional downloads - Take beautiful photos with PhotoMode - Tons of effects, filters, and options to customize - A solo indie project made with love - Run, swim, and fly through deep forests and rolling hills - Go skating on the frozen lakes of the North - Feeling anxiety? Take a quiet boat ride along the river - Fly through the skies as a mighty hawk - Shapechange into horses, bears, boar, foxes and more - Ride a pirate ship - fireworks included - Benchmark with extensive quality options and settings - Gamepad support SUPPORT Questions or Comments? : [email protected] To reset game: goto Splashscreen-options-reset button. To optimize: goto Splashscreen-optimize TRAILER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x3DeLJyR3w FOLLOW ME - Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/protopopgames/ - Twitter: https://twitter.com/protopop - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ProtopopGames/ - Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/protopopgames/ SHARE Feel free to put footage of my game on YouTube or any other website. It helps me spread the word and reach more people, and I appreciate it. Thank you for supporting independent games:)
    Information
    Seller:Robert Kabwe
    Genre:Adventure, Role Playing
    Release:Apr 02, 2020
    Updated:Mar 12, 2024
    Version:1.9
    Size:182.0 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/wilderless/id1485263737

2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    No way! It’s out? Yay! @Protopop congrats!

Protopop likes this.
  3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Yeah I can’t wait to dig in. It looks beautiful.

Protopop and macplash like this.
  4. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I’m gonna abuse that Photo mode so hard!:D

Protopop likes this.
  5. Stag

Stag Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Looks cool. nice exploration. what are the touchscreen controls like?

Protopop likes this.
  6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    It looks like a great app for therapy and relaxation. Really what a lot of us need right now :)

imdakine1, Ijipop and Protopop like this.
  7. Protopop

Protopop Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    I hope you do:) all the screenshots are taken in photo mode, you can increase the resolution in it since FPS doesn’t mate so much there, the world is really big, amd there are 500 world variants. I like to explore and when I find a beautiful place capture it.

You can also do OPTIONS- MODS-MOMENTS

Moments is like a 3D photo that saves your exact location and everything about it. So if you’re in the south in world 46 at sunset and it’s beautiful you can save the moment and return to it any time

I hope you enjoy it. It no enemies or quests, just exploration this one (although I do have some update surprises planned... but one thing at a time)

imdakine1 likes this.
  8. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Thanks for creating this thread I really appreciate it:) I love touch arcade and I’ve gotten so much helpful feedback on the forums over the years.

9. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    I rewrote all the controls, they were one of the things people complained about in my last games. So I really tried hard o give a better camera system and control system. There’s no gamepad support yet, but I hope the new controls and camera are intuitive. And you can change all options and it will auto save them so if you find a configuration you like it will stick with them. Probably the biggest choice is in options - controls and choose camera follow player which is the default or turn that off for a more traditional strafe style move. I actually prefer it off but I wasn’t sure if I should make it the default. Everything is in either OPIONS-CONTROLS or OPTIONS-CAMERA :)

10. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    That’s what I’m hoping. When fist made my earlier games with quests my friend sad what if you just focused on the core nature of your game and this one does that. The game world is huge, 250 times the size of BrightRidge , and it’s all wilderness, snowy north and green south and some beta testers said it was a great way to relax and decrease anxiety. I agree because I spent many hours just walking around in it and taking pictures and playing with the many many settings. I hope that this will give poeple a nice break outdoors but while we are inside :) I think there is therapeutic value experiencing nature even if it’s virtual. I mean the real thing is better but for some reason I always wanted to make natural worlds so here we are.

imdakine1 and L.Lawliet like this.
  11. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    So far, it’s really just a beautiful game to relax with. Unfortunately, it keeps crashing on me. iPhone XR.

Protopop likes this.
  12. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Gorgeous!!! Great work mate! I have few questions: is there a first person view? Is that also for flying or swimming in animal shapes? Is there a first person view on boat? There are plans to add more boats?

Protopop likes this.
  13. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Fantastic! It’s here. Just what we need right now.
    Congratulations. :)

Protopop likes this.
  14. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    So basically you just walk around right? No puzzle, no quest or no ending?

Protopop likes this.
  15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Was gonna say the same. I kinda get it but I kinda don’t ! Is it very varied ? Do you find caves or tunnels?

but you just 100% wander ? Does it save your position etc ?

Protopop likes this.
  16. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Thanks for letting me know. I think crashing will definitely run the relaxation:) I’ll take a look at what the default settings are, I kind of guess them for devices I don’t have. I might be starting it too high or there. Outdoor be some heavy settings like reflections that I could start without. Also if you’ve changed any of the quality settings, goto options-settings-reset to reset to default quality. That won’t help if you haven’t changed anything but it in the off chance that there is a quality setting that is set too high. Anyways I will take a look and see what I can improve for the next update , and thank you for exploring.

17. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Cool, thanks! Every purchase means something to me. I make these indie worlds and I’m always amazed when people find it. It’s mostl through sites like touch arcade and you tuber videos :)

First person view is in options-camera . It works in all case but In the crocozid (flightless dragon) shape it canclip through the ground on high angles. I’m working on that. First person view works in the boat too. But about two minutes before launch I changed the direction you sit in the boat, because people were pointing out that you actually row a boat sitting backwards, and I realize with you asking I didn’t try it with the new direction (I had you rowing facing forward all through development) so it might be funky.

Yes there is plans for more boats. It’s kind of a surprise but I will be revealing more soon:)

Thanks for the feedback it is super helpful.

18. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Thank you you know I was kind of thinking that too. I hope the game can provide some peace right now. One tester told me that it helps them with anxiety , and I find it very calming. I’ve been so anxious about so many things lately so I hope it can help others too.

19. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Exactly. No quests or enemies, just exploring. The world has edges, oceans on all sides, and it’s bout 16x16 square kilometres in size. It’s also A procedurally generated world, so you can change the seed number on the splash screen, so there is 500 similar but different variants.

20. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    No autosave but your location and conditions can be saved manually. @Protopop’s first post in this thread explains how.

Wilderless is a remarkable coding achievement. No quests or fights. All processing power is dedicated to producing extensive living worlds. Not sure how many worlds there are but at least 46, plus numerous options and settings. I’ve not been playing long but already found some unexpected surprises. The less said the better; get out there and explore! Great value considering the amount of work involved.

Protopop likes this.