iPhone Blight Night: You Are Not Safe (by Clevyr, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    [​IMG]
    Blight Night: You Are Not Safe

Clevyr, Inc.
    Genres: Games Role Playing Action Entertainment
    $0.99 USD​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 9.0

Download Size: 1.1GB

Blight Night: You Are Not Safe

Clevyr, Inc.
    Do you have what it takes to fight a deadly zombie outbreak? Can you SURVIVE? -----------------------------------------…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Do you have what it takes to fight a deadly zombie outbreak? Can you SURVIVE? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Video may have killed the radio star, but a supposed flu outbreak may have killed humanity leaving one man to survive the horrors of the aftermath. West Texas, 1986. Sonny Barstow relished small-town life. The ever looming mystery of why he awoke seemingly untouched by the ravages of the bizarre outbreak. Part 1980s horror flick, part puzzle-solving adventure, Blight Night shoots for exceptional exploration and discovery — without sacrificing the splatterfest. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   FEATURES •Shadow system specifically designed to run fast and smooth on mobile devices •Hidden weapons, upgrades, and treasures encourage exploration •Engaging interactive environment •Open world with 7+ diverse and mysterious areas •New unique items and weapons will be included with future updates
    Information
    Seller:Clevyr, Inc.
    Genre:Action, Role Playing
    Release:Mar 24, 2020
    Updated:May 05, 2020
    Version:1.0.8
    Size:463.6 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    It’s on 66% sale right now.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Holy shit, this is great! Feels like something that would have existed on iOS back in the days of Aftermath and Prisoner 84 (I THINK those are the names). Don’t be fooled by the early gameplay trailer posted in this thread, the game is actually really polished and somewhat calls to mind Rockstar’s Manhunt in the overall mood. It controls fabulously, is only a ~380 MB download and...I dunno, I’ve only played about 15 minutes, but I was legitimately expecting to be like “Oh well, it was only a buck. No harm” *deletes game*

NOPE!

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Agreed. Polished and tense, with a fair amount of depth. Strong original Resident Evil 2 vibe, though more open world. I wish there was more of a tutorial, especially early on — though the game does clue you in if you are paying attention.

My favorite thing about it is that it’s a horror survival RPG without all the current trappings of the genre — no crafting, no material hoarding, no base building, no real grind. In that sense, this feels very old school. And that’s more than fine with me.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    A few days ago, an update to the game seems to have broken the pause/character menu. I ended up getting a response to my App Store review from the dev — an update is waiting for Apple’a approval and should be up soon.

Blight Night Game likes this.
  6. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Says 1.2 gigs on the app store?

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Takes up that much on your device. The download is a 3rd of the size. Basically, there's some mighty fine compression going on.

8. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #8 mastery51, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    The menu ui bug makes it difficult to play. Hopefully update comes out soon.
    [​IMG]

9. zenmode

zenmode Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    This game is really great so far, it definitely feels like an old Resident Evil game in terms of gameplay and aesthetic. I’ve only played about 20 mins, but I’m already loving it.

10. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    The video is not very appealing tho....

11. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #11 mastery51, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    That is what I thought in the beginning. The games FPS looked very choppy in that video and the walking animation is not very good. But than I realized that video was posted 5 years ago. The game play is actually smooth, the walking and sneaking animations are a lot better, and they added a lot of old school visuals to make it appear old. It does have a menu bug that’s being fixed and it has that 2x zoom button you get when it doesn’t fit you device but that might be intentional.
    So don’t judge it by that video, it’s outdated.

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Update is out. Haven’t had a chance to try it yet.

13. zenmode

zenmode Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    #13 zenmode, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    The entire menu is broken for me, each screen is just blank :oops:

EDIT: For some reason, the update wasn’t showing up for me. I restarted the app store and it was there, and now everything in the menu looks fine.

14. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Has anyone found any gameplay that is not 4 years ago? Or can anyone upload how the game runs now?

Skall likes this.
  15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Just found this:

16. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    thanks for the video! personally, i think it could have been great but the huge blinking icons covering half the screen and the blurring/trembling menu are ruining it for me.
    These may be easy issues to fix -ie remove the huge interact icons and make a different interact button pop up on the side of the screen when you get close to something - so maybe in the future i can check it out and why not, pay more than 1eu if there is a price increase :)

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    To each his own. But for what it’s worth, neither the icons nor the VHS effects have much impact on gameplay. It reminds me a bit of the Silent Hill 2 — though I guess there you could turn off the effect.

In any event, I was glad to support a dev who put this much care and attention to a game in this less-than popular genre.

18. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I dont think there is controller support right?

19. Blight Night Game

Blight Night Game New Member

May 26, 2020
    Thank you all for the reviews and gameplay feedback! We are sending this to our development team now. Also, we just dropped our new game trailer, what do you think?

20. Blight Night Game

Blight Night Game New Member

May 26, 2020
    Thank you for sharing our game with your community! We appreciate the coverage!

Gwarmaxx likes this.