Universal "Oh, that Munchausen!" - interactive audiobook game [OPEN BETA NOW] (by FingerTipsAndCompany)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by FingerTipsAndCompany, Feb 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 FingerTipsAndCompany, Feb 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    Hey everyone!

Ladies and genlemen! Our indie-studio FingerTIpsAndCompany finally have developed new interactive audiobook game of all adventures of Baron Munchausen!
    And now we ready to present it to you!

[​IMG]

"Do you remember the tale about the cherry bone? Yes? About the swamp and my pigtail? Also yes? And about the hatchet on the Moon? Do you really remember everything?.. Oh, good for you! But you know what?.. Even if you remember everything, I am going to tell you the whole story again anyway!"

Listen and help your grandfather Baron Munchausen to remember all his stories well! As to say, listen and play! The world classic comedy in one app on your mobile devise! Puzzles, quests and funny stories will surprise you and bring a smile!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Features:

• The world classic comedy for kids and adults!
    • Over 250 beautiful illustrations!
    • 70 chapters of audiobook!
    • Interactive elements, surprises and bonus twists!
    • Collection of funny goofs!

An amiable humor, secrets, quests and acting skills of the professional narrator will put you in a good mood and make you smile!
    Download the audiobook for free and listen to the tales of Baron Munchausen anywhere and anytime!
    Listen and smile, ladies and gentlemen!

PS. All stories (more then 7 hours!) were narrated by a professional New Zealand actor Peter Hayden (https://twitter.com/peterhayden)

[​IMG]

PS. PS. And more than 250 funny illustrations were drawn by honored Ukranian artist Andrey Kulagin (https://www.facebook.com/andrekulagin)
    [​IMG]

NOW live on Google Play:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=en.munchausen.fingertipsandcompany.full&hl=en

AND on App Store:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/oh-that-munchausen-tales/id1496752335?l=en&ls=1

Our website for more info:

https://thebaronmunchausen.com

Subscribe for more news!

2. For some reason, the wait time seems to be very long for the secondary download. It would be quicker to download the contents from App Store all at once and just unlock the content if we want to.

FingerTipsAndCompany likes this.
  3. Wow, that is a good advice. I just compared the size of our demo part (about 80 mb) of the game with the requirements of the apple store and google play (max 100 mb), and found that we can do it, and yes, it maybe will be more comfortable. Thanks! Will do!

Makara Nou likes this.
  4. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    For me it downloaded approximately 500MB of additional content (demo part), but it took literally seconds for me. @Makara Nou could it be your internet connection? I’m sitting on fiber optic cable with 800MBit download speed through 5G wifi router, so I’m usually limited by the source.

Game seems to be quite polished. Love the narrative. Can’t give you any feedback on the story cause I’m not that far yet. What I’m struggling with is the choice of font. I understand you wanted to keep it interesting but it’s really hard to read on some occasions. Especially when the illustrations are of the same color. Letters like b and d are annoying and pretty much any capital letter is hard to recognize at first. Not to mention kerning issues.

Also, there’s always this annoying and noticeable delay after tapping any button but it can’t be the performance issue, so I really don’t understand why it’s happening. Could it be the high resolution content? I’m playing on iPad 6th gen 2018 btw.

I know this is a combination of visuals and voiceover, so fading illustrations isn’t an option but something needs to be done to make the text more visible - easier to read and recognize.

FingerTipsAndCompany likes this.
  5. That's weird. It took me like forever. I will check the connection

6. Thank you for your advices and compliments!
    Yes, delay after interface buttons exists, I will ask our programmer to fix it. It is inside engine of the game.

And we will improve our font and visuallity of the text. Thank you, bro!

7. Makara Nou,
    After dealing with other bugs and some redesigning of the app, now we ready to deal with downloading speed problem!
    It was a surprise for us, that we also have found slow downloading speed (1,4 Mb/sec) for users from Ukraine.
    Could you name your country and internet provider for our further investigation?

Makara Nou likes this.
  8. Hey, eveyone.
    Are you not excited about the game?
    We are releasing in June 14, 2020!
    More then 250 illustrations! Amazing New Zealand actor!

9. #9 FingerTipsAndCompany, Jun 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    Hey everyone!
    We have updated our app significantly and now have finally released!:)
    Check out the first of its kind interactive audiobook-game of Baron Munchausen!

[​IMG]