TouchArcade App?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Trill Kira, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Trill Kira

Trill Kira New Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Female
    I was wondering if you guys can bring back the TouchArcade App. Because I really loved it and I loved that you guys reviewed Paid Apps that have gone free every week. That was the best thing. Now I can't find it on the App Store. is it possible to get it back?

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the TA app now rests in peace. In a nutshell, what it did (basically presents something that even remotely resembles the App Store) is now problematic in Apple's eyes and they would never approve an update for it. I don't recall which iOS update broke functionality of the TA app, but yeah...it's been dead for a long while now and with TA's overall site refresh, even if it did come back (which, it won't), the changes in the forum and front page, etc. would require a maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassive overhaul, which certainly isn't worth the time or money that'll be needed to put into it.

There, however, was talk a while ago about maybe introducing a web-based TouchArcade app, that would basically just be a shell that gives you the website and some basic push notification functionality according to wishlists and whatnot...but then again, did wishlists ever come back? I don't know. *shrugs* All I know is this hasn't been brought up since Eli left TA.

Hope this helps.