Universal K2 Story - Mountain climbing strategy game - now in beta

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jabatoba1, Sep 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jabatoba1

jabatoba1 Member

Apr 14, 2017
    Stockholm
    Mount Everest Story has been on the App Store and on Google Play for about two years. There has been a great interest in the game. THIS IS THE SEQUEL!

K2 Story has all the challenges of Mount Everest Story and also:
    • An even harder and more dangerous mountain to climb
    • Team selection (18 different climbers to build your team from)
    • Avalanches
    • More advanced weather simulation
    • Extended scoring system
    • 10 languages supported
    The game is now in beta 0.7 and we need beta testers.

Please email [email protected] and tell us if you will be testing on iOS or Android. We like to have all feedback directly in this thread. Or email if you prefer.

We hope to release the game within two months. Can your team reach the summit of K2? Test it yourself!

K2Screenshots1_1200.png

K2Screenshots2_1200.png

K2Screenshots3_1200.png

K2Screenshots4_1200.png

K2Screenshots5_1200.png

www.jabatoba.com

2. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    That was an exciting climb. All 8 team members got to the summit and down again in good health. Have to admit I picked the strongest climbers, was lucky with the weather and avoided one avalanche. Plus I’ve had much experience with Everest Story, getting people acclimatised and upgrading the camps.

The additions to the previous game certainly add to the challenge, and it’s good to be able to choose from a roster of climbers with varying abilities.
    Will start another expedition tomorrow with a lower skilled team to try and increase the overall score.

I would mention that the tutorial instructions seem to relate to the previous Everest game regarding team descriptions and climb dates, so presume this will be updated later.

I think maybe the sherpas should have better acclimatisation levels as they would be more used to the high alititudes.

jabatoba1 likes this.
  3. jabatoba1

jabatoba1 Member

Apr 14, 2017
    Stockholm
    Thank you very much for testing our game.
    With just sherpas and pros in the team there shouldn't be any big problems.

We will take an extra look at the sherpa acclimatization balancing.

We will also release a new beta version very soon.

Thanks again! After all the work, it feels so great when people are actually playing the game.

Stronsay likes this.
  4. Stronsay

Aug 6, 2015
    The second expedition is not going so well, with one climber lost in an avalanche. That will teach me not to take chances!

No problems with operation of the game itself, and I look forward to the next beta version which will hopefully have a save facility.

jabatoba1 likes this.
  5. Stronsay

Aug 6, 2015
    Have updated to 0.7.0(5) which is running fine except for one small issue.
    On the weather forecast screen, tapping the X to exit does not always work, or it needs a long press rather than a tap before it works.

As a further test I’ve been pushing the climbers today. Two developed headaches and later recovered. Another suffered high altitude pulmonary oedema and was automatically rescued by two other climbers, but remains in a coma.

jabatoba1 likes this.
  6. jabatoba1

jabatoba1 Member

Apr 14, 2017
    Stockholm
    Thank you! We are getting lots of input but not so much about if people are beating the game or not. What scores are you getting? Is the game too hard?

7. Stronsay

Aug 6, 2015
    #7 Stronsay, Sep 28, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    I’m happy with the difficulty level, not that it’s easy, but with preparation and planning it’s possible for a strong team to reach the summit, though some luck still helps.
    In some respects I find K2 easier than Everest, though more can go wrong; and of course difficulty can be varied by the choice of climbers. It’s good to be able to set the degree of challenge this way.
    Top score so far is 9800 with an experienced team, and worst is 5685 with a mixed team and deliberately taking unnecessary risks.

8. jabatoba1

jabatoba1 Member

Apr 14, 2017
    Stockholm
    Thanks! We are a little delayed partly because of localization issues but we still hope to release the game before Christmas.