[Promo codes] Helicopter Mega Splash

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by JoeManaco, Aug 23, 2019.

1. JoeManaco

JoeManaco Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Gamedeveloper
    Karlsruhe, Germany
    I'm giving away some codes for you for my game Helicopter Mega Splash for iOS.

Grab one if you like challenging shooting games ;-)

• Swing the wrecking ball
    • Fight and destroy hordes of enemies
    • Collect power-up items and use super weapons
    • New level awaits you each day
    • Feel the adrenaline-pumping, rocked out soundtrack
    • No In-App-Purchases, no ads, no data collecting, no annoying push notifications
    Here we go:

Y63W94EJNN6R
    MA6WNM97P766
    EEAPTJ4F6T7J
    79R9L9M3TWYY
    Y6XMF3FXK4RK
    NAPKXNAE997Y
    W37RLLAJFHK3
    TPNXHMJM7KE6
    XWH37NJPNKET
    TT33KRAP7E4W

2. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Took Y6XMF3FXK4RK, thanks

3. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #3 macplash, Aug 23, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    JoeManaco, I grabbed EEAPTJ4F6T7J which I’m grateful for. Thanks for your generosity. Now, let me return the favor.

This game’s just hilarious! It’s hectic and unforgiving. It has “easy to learn, hard to master” written all over itself. Swinging the wrecking ball feels natural. Swinging and avoiding enemy’s projectiles ain’t easy at all. I assume “practice makes perfect” applies here literally. It’s so easy to die within seconds and yet, hitting the play button again and again comes even faster. Different power-ups are great. I just love it’s not procedurally generated so I can learn patterns and move further with each attempt. Reminds me of Sky Force. And last but not least. The music is wonderful. Suits the hectic gameplay perfectly. Completes the overall experience.

Well, so far I scored lousy 50 points. I’m so looking forward to buying some new helicopters. Let me play to get better. To get further. I might be back to brag about new high score, if I’ll get any. :)

Great game! 5/5, highly recommended.

EDIT: oh, just one small request.. can you adjust the title so it fits the icon?

[​IMG]

EDIT2: alright, one more tiny request and that’s it.. would it be possible to implement Game Center leaderboards? What’s the point of score chaser if I can’t compare my scores with others, right?

4. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Redeemed W37RLLAJFHK3. Thanks!

5. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    TPNXHMJM7KE6 Thanks!!

6. JoeManaco

Apr 29, 2011
    Gamedeveloper
    Karlsruhe, Germany
    @macplash Thanks for the nice feedback. I just submitted a new update to apple to fix the icon title issue.

I will add Game Center leaderboards later on. I had them already in the game in a previous version but had to remove it when I updated my framework (Cocos2d-X) because my gamecenter module wasn't compatible. But I will try to fix the issue soon.

7. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @JoeManaco That sounds wonderful. Thank you for being such exemplar developer who not only listens but acts accordingly as well. Hope your game sells well, good luck.

8. JoeManaco

Apr 29, 2011
    Gamedeveloper
    Karlsruhe, Germany
    @macplash The next version will also feature Gamecenter Leaderboards ;-)

I hope the update will be available within the next 48 hours.

Besides that you can now also (optionally) record videos of your gameplay and share them with your friends if you'd like to ;-)

9. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Wow, you're the man @JoeManaco - thank you!

It's pretty impressive. I'm so looking forward to compare the scores with my friends. Also, the option to record gameplay within the game sounds terrific. Although, in my case those would be quite short videos o_O

Anyway, I just bought Snowflake so hopefully I might get better. Speaking of buying stuff. Are those helicopters the only goods I can spent my money on? Because if so, my next purchase should be the heli with coin doubler. Would be pointless to keep it as last option even though it's the 2nd most expensive one. Am I right?

10. JoeManaco

Apr 29, 2011
    Gamedeveloper
    Karlsruhe, Germany
    Right now those are the only items available right now. So you're totally right - it makes a lot of sense to buy the coin doubler early on. I will hopefully add some more items in the future, but it might need some time.

As for the difficulty: It was intended to make the game hard, but as the level keeps the same for 24 hours, you could play and learn it to get better. However, I had quite some complaints about the difficulty so I'm currently considering to adjust the difficulty a little bit.

11. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @JoeManaco I’m not complaining about the difficulty.. I assume it’s intentionally challenging.. it’s difficult by design. I welcome the fact all my attempts are within 30 seconds. It’s intense. I wouldn’t be so motivated for “just one more try” if I’d be spending 10 minutes on one run. But of course, if you’re getting numerous complaints about the difficulty, it’s probably the right way to adjust it. However, balancing difficulty for everyone is always tricky.

Just to point out, there are some useful information here about the game and whatnot. Might be worth considering to move it to proper thread so it’s not lost in Promo section. Just a thought.

12. JoeManaco

Apr 29, 2011
    Gamedeveloper
    Karlsruhe, Germany
    New Update is live ;-)

13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @JoeManaco unfortunately, my icon’s title is exactly the same as before. Do I need to do something else besides updating the game?

On the other note, I just saw your announcement about new game Tiny Thor, which is exactly my cup of tea visually-wise. Would be great to have thread in upcoming games section, if you’re willing to share the progress with public. I’d love to be kept in the loop so I don’t miss it once released.

14. JoeManaco

Apr 29, 2011
    Gamedeveloper
    Karlsruhe, Germany
    @macplash Hmm... seems like Apple doesn't update the "Display Name" when changed. It would be possible to delete and reinstall the app - but this way you would loose you game progress (= gems) because I don't have iCloud implemented.

For Tiny Thor - I'm working on it (on and off) for quite a long time (I think there migmust ht be even a thread here on touch arcade somewhere which is a few years old). It's the game I always wanted to make so it sadly takes forever because we revised it serveral times, started over again and so on.

To be honest, while we have technically running it on iOS and Android we don't know right know if we are able to release it for mobile platforms because the controls might be quite tricky for touch screen controls (we optimized for gamepad controls right now) - so I can't say for sure if it will ever be available for mobile platforms.

15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @JoeManaco nevermind the title then, I'm not gonna lose my helicopters and gems just because of it. Although this is the case when iCloud could be handy.

About the Tiny Thor. I didn't realize it's developed for PC platform. My bad. I put it on my wishlist even though I didn't play any game on PC for years. I got hundreds on my Steam account from back in the days, but I'm all for console and mobile gaming these last years. I don't even have PC anymore. So, yeah. On the other hand, if it's ever ported to any of three major console platforms, Imma be the first one to grab it ;) that's a promise.

16. JoeManaco

Apr 29, 2011
    Gamedeveloper
    Karlsruhe, Germany

Yes, it will ported for Switch, PS4 and XBOX One :)

macplash likes this.