40 Beta Testers are needed for One Tap Hero and Mr. Frog!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Wen, Jun 15, 2012.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    So in relation to Mr. Frog, it's clear I have no idea what I'm doing. One time I'll get something like 800 for a score, and the next time I get 6,000, even though I don't feel like I did anything different between times. At least I'm enjoying it, though.

So what's a bad time bug?

2. pjchambers

pjchambers Member

Jun 21, 2012
    New Zealand
    The bad time bug is the one that has a rotating blue circle around it and a little spark of electricity on it. If you catch it, the whole screen flashes white and your frog gets zapped and you cant drag the tongue for a couple of seconds. It also causes your score multiplier to be reset back to 1. That's why it is bad :)

However, if you catch the same bug when it doesn't have its blue circle shield up, then you get rewarded with 5 second time bonus... so its a good time bug when you do that.

3. feng_ye

feng_ye Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Game Develoepr @Coconut Island Games
    Thanks for reporting the issue. The credits part is still work in progress and we're collecting you guy's name to finish it:cool:

4. feng_ye

feng_ye Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Hmmm.. not sure what cause the updating issue. But the latest beta build has just updated to 0.9.24, which fixes an crash issue in episode 2. You can try the latest one instead. If any problems, you can post here or just dm me or Wen.

5. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Well, after several failed attempts and a couple of reboots, I finally had to just delete One Tap Hero and reload it :( That was even a bit of an ordeal, because the first time I went into delete mode the One Tap icon didn't have an X on it, and the second time (after one of my reboots) it wouldn't let me delete even though the X was there. I finally got it to go, though, and the re-install worked fine, which just means that I have to start over again. Good thing it's a beta :)

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    On Mr. Frog, is anything supposed to work from the main menu besides play and the trophy icon? If so, then nothing else does for me.

Are the stats at the end a permanent part of the game, or are they just there for testing? If they are permanent, I know there are quite a few, but a nice one to add might be total number of bugs eaten.

7. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I never got any new builds for Onetaphero still just have the first one

8. Totenmaske

Totenmaske Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    3PL Terminal Manager
    Sahuarita, AZ
    Updating One Tap Hero now...should have some time tomorrow to play.

9. pjchambers

pjchambers Member

Jun 21, 2012
    New Zealand
    No, that's right, the only buttons enabled at the moment are the play and trophy icon.

The stats at the end of the game are there for testing at the moment. If we keep the stats for the final release, we will definitely include a total number of bugs eaten, thanks for the tip.

10. feng_ye

feng_ye Member

Dec 9, 2009
    dreadnok, you are probably on the first group of One Tap Hero, which we didn't deliver any updates now. The two group strategy is because we're limited by Apple's 100 devices policy. This might causes some confusion since not both groups are having the exact build.

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I hope you decide to keep the stats. It does help when it comes to determining how you're doing in relation to certain talents / achievements.

By the way, the whole "get a certain score" thing is pure evil :) Actually, getting 42 wasn't bad, but getting 888 is tough because it's easy to get caught in the moment and suddenly go over your target score.

12. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Am I the only one who just loves One Tap Hero, but hates Mr. Frog? One Tap Hero is so well executed, but Mr. Frog... Just swiping?

13. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I wasn't so much into Mr Frog at first, but once you start getting some achievements I actually found it quite addicting. I prefer One Tap Hero simply because that style of game interests me more, but Mr Frog is a fun little game.

14. .THOTH.

.THOTH. Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Credit counselor :(
    Tacoma, WA
    I'd definitely be interested in seeing the data! I just uploaded it, I've completed the first 2 worlds 100% and need 9 more keys in Tribal Land. I've decided I'm going to wait for the official release to do the last world because I'm goingreplay everything for my gamecenter achievements. This is a great game and I'll DM you with some of the improvements/errors I found

15. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Same here once you really get into Mr Frog it gets addictive I'm ranked 3 overall right now in it

16. Totenmaske

Totenmaske Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    3PL Terminal Manager
    Sahuarita, AZ
    I'm not that much into Mr. Frog either...OTH is my fav of the two.

17. pjchambers

pjchambers Member

Jun 21, 2012
    New Zealand
    :) We have 3 objectives at the moment that require you to get a certain score. Perhaps we only need 1 of those type, to reduce the evil a little bit.

18. pjchambers

pjchambers Member

Jun 21, 2012
    New Zealand
    We've had a range of feedback on Mr. Frog. Some people love it and won't leave our office because they want to keep playing it :) , and for others, it's not quite their type of game.

Is there anything you can think of that is missing from Mr. Frog that might improve it for you? We're thinking of possibly adding other game modes in a future update, but it would still have the swipe mechanic as the basic action.

19. feng_ye

feng_ye Member

Dec 9, 2009
    @.THOTH.
    We got your message and we're handling your reported issues. Thanks a lot! We also shared a google doc about your test data, you can check it out in your email. Have fun :)

20. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I don't know really... I find the continous swiping boring and not to mention after a while it starts to hurt my hand... I'll try to get back to it.