4 month's hard work,only 40 sales for 4 days :(

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by muxinzi, Apr 18, 2010.

1. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    What a transformation! Zombie Slasher looks great. This looks like the type of game that would excel as a free game with iAds and maybe DLC to add extra zombies, etc. I like the artistic blood spatter, I would recommend you not to tone it down, but to include an option to enable/disable the blood. You did a really nice job with the game. Maybe a more unique name and icon would bring this to the top of the free charts.

2. MICHAELSD

Jan 4, 2010
    #82 MICHAELSD, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
    I was planning to buy the game, but thanks for making it free for a limited time! The game and the art is fun and polished. Is the game supposed to crash/quit after you lose all of your lives? It sort of needs an online leaderboard to make it more than a fun game. Add that and a free version with iAds, and you could have something great :).

EDIT: Also, what's the difference between arcade and classic modes? Are you promoting Zombie Slasher on these forums? Add the game to your signature and create a thread on the iPhone Game Releases forum, that should help create some extra interest.

3. aros2k

aros2k Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Pretty nice, will leave a 5* for you

4. muxinzi

muxinzi Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    crash? what's your ios? how did this happen?

and thanks for everywords you guys said

5. MICHAELSD

Jan 4, 2010
    iOS 4.1 Every single time the game is over, it crashes.

6. muxinzi

Apr 6, 2010
    do you use gamecenter?

7. MICHAELSD

Jan 4, 2010
    Yeah, I have an account. I'll try retesting with iOS 4.2 ifni get around to updating.

8. muxinzi

Apr 6, 2010
    can you pm me your unid, then I can give you an adhoc, please help me to do the test,thanks very much,

9. muxinzi

Apr 6, 2010
    new update is out, please try it

10. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    Consider yourself lucky!

Not everyone is lucky enough to sell 10 copies of they're application per day. My game has seen similar trends but is lately bringing in only 1-7 daily.

11. MICHAELSD

Jan 4, 2010
    I will. Sorry for not responding before, I was busy.

12. muxinzi

Apr 6, 2010
    thanks a lot,please tell me the result :D

13. klicktock

klicktock Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Director of KlickTock
    Ballarat, Vic, Australia
    Congrats on getting featured with your new game "Cut The Zombies!!!". I saw the icon and I immediately remembered this thread!

Hope the game sells a lot more than 40 sales in 4 days :)

14. mlfarrell

mlfarrell Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    san diego, ca
    welcome to trying to sell games for apps. The COMBINED sales of ALL of my games (see my dev account) for 12 months was only maybe $500.

Verto studio overran than in its first 2 days.
    It's all about finding a product that really has a market and going for it. Sorry for your luck, but dust yourself off and try again on your next app.

15. tofusoup

tofusoup Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Game Designer
    San Francisco
    Don't get yourself down. Game looks way better. How are the sales now?

We just launched our first game in Feb and not a lot of media sites picked it up. Posting on here also did little :). I'm only now seeing some reviews come in. We had a strong first few days but it quickly trickled down to a few sales a day. We think we know what the problem is.

Are you doing all you can? For our game we have LinkShare setup, and are using Mobclix on lite versions. They bring in some nice pocket change :).

We also plan to do an Easter Update and releasing a new lite version to try and chart the top 100 again.

Cross promotion is also important. Make sure people know about your old games in new games and new games in old games.

16. Xori

Xori Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Could use some polish on the graphics, they look very amateur (sorry, don't mean to be mean). This is also reflected in the size of the game (only 6 MB).

17. muxinzi

Apr 6, 2010
    thanks, yes, lucky we are been featured, but only in itunes, you cannot see it in iphone,still, one week, I got 500$,

now, featured thing going, sales begin to drop, anyway, it's time to move on our new game:)

18. Astraware

Astraware Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Games Studio
    UK
    The good news is when you release your next app, you can include a "Get More" section and re-promote the original game there. As you create more apps, they can all link to each other. Our website gets a lot of its traffic via our mobile-optimised 'Get More' pages.

19. gammabeam

gammabeam Well-Known Member

I was wondering... Did you get any replies from the TA forum community while you were promoting your games?

I just created a topic on the "upcoming iPhone games" with a nice trailer and some screenshots (that I find gorgeous), but so far there were NO replies whatsoever. I really don't know what's going on.

We received a bit of a blow - A (not very) similar game was released on the day I was about to post the trailer and screenshots, so I decided to release it a week later and avoid immediate comparisons. Could this be a cause for no replies?

I was confident we are making a nice product, and that the images would show it but, right now, I'm not so sure anymore! :(

20. @gammabeam: I think this kind of thing just happens. My own thread had some discussion initially because of the name of my game (The Fish Dies in the End) but once I released a trailer and started looking for feedback it basically died. Not really much to do, unfortunately.

Don't lose hope though, I just looked at you game and it seems fantastic! I especially loved the artwork :).