3DS... perhaps the greatest device ever

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by GDSage, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    I'd like to hear your take on why remakes are better than ports. That would be interesting to hear.

Why do you even care? The 3DS isn't even out yet and you're defending the iPad as if it's your firstborn child and Nintendo's a serious multi-offense pedophile.

2. Lombardo

Lombardo Well-Known Member

Yea you're right, the 3ds still hasn't been released. Now go away.

Also, "do blogging"?

3. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    No there are games that are being made specifically to utilize the 3D capability of the 3DS. These might have a counterpart in a console or for another handheld, but they are indeed new titles in those series.

I said this on another thread - we get it - you love your iPad. But other people love other things. So if the 3DS does not appeal to you, so be it, it WILL appeal to a lot of other people but that does not preclude liking the iPad as well.

It's not a contest for heavens sake.

4. Crazy_Possum

Crazy_Possum Well-Known Member

*Steps on pulpit*
    And lo... the one person who says something in peace for both sides is ignored entirely.:rolleyes:
    Seriously, guys, this has gotten out of hand. Can everyone act their age?
    This thread was made for the 3DS. There are plenty of threads on this site for the iPad.
    Insults and opinions are making this less a debate and more a fight between little kids. So kiss and make up, or meet on the playground by the tetherball and end this!:p
    *Steps down, slipping on a banana and resulting in a concussion which becomes a coma*

5. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I like watching people argue on forums. Keep it up guys! I have lots of popcorn left and it's going cold.

6. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I love that this whole thing started with a joke post I made that Stirolak seemed to take too seriously. Now that I think about it replace iPhone with iPad in my last post.

7. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    #567 Slapshot, Dec 30, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf6hRFXlQco

dumbass and btw the 3DS can run games at 60 FPS while the iPhone can only do 30 FPS. Can't beat that.

8. Coachflaps

Coachflaps Active Member

May 6, 2009
    USAF
    FL
    The 3DS is going to be awesome. I can't wait to play Zelda in 3D, fricking sweet.

To the tools saying this is better, that is better, blah, blah, blah, get over it, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Personally we're a household of gamers and buy whatever system we need to play good games and like it or not nintendo can put out some lower quality graphic games that absolutely kick ass.

We have three iPhones and an iPad and yes we do play games on them but they still don't get the play time the other systems get. There are certain games that are better to play on iOS and certain games that play better on other devices. Currently, in addition to the iOS devices we have a PS3, a Wii, 2 xbox360's, a gamecube, a DSi XL, 4 DSi's, a DSlite, a gameboy sp and a gameboy micro that all get played (I have five sons, hence the reason for so many). We don't care what system a game is on, we play for the fun of it.

What I like about the idevices is that fact you can do so much more than gaming.

9. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    So who went to pre-order this upcoming beast of a gaming system? You can do it at Gamestop for $50. The final price of the system and launch games will be announced January 19th.

Can't wait.

10. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I'm gonna wait for impressions first on the 3DS. I don't wanna waste money on something that might not work.

11. Stirolak26

Stirolak26 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Guys, guys... i am not notally anti Nintendo. i just felt screwed with the gamecube having such a short lifespan and few good exclusive games and almost no retro or 2d games and the case being worst with the n64. I think for systems to be good they need a balance of old and new gamesor retro and new tech style of games like thepsx and saturn were (i like saturn the best of that generation actually and the dreamcast the best of the next generation). I just have a diff taste then most ppl in games. Id rather play the wii than 360or ps3 and the ipad than psp, ds or anything else. And id rather play the dreamcast than nything. But thats just me. Deal with it and I hated the n64 which is part of the reason im not excited about these 3ds games. I actually hated zelda 64 with a passion. I thought it was going to be a birds eye view game or have tna woption as a camera view like the current ds zelda games not a mario 64 with a paint job and a grappling hook. 3d games have jorrible camera controls on nintendo systems. Oh and i actually liked warioland and the virtual boy a lot. More than the n64 and definitely more than tbis 3ds actually. Games were actually designed for the 3d unlike n64 ports.

12. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    There are plenty of impressions out there. Most of them call the 3DS a marvel.

Anyway, can't really wait for January 19th. If the 3DS is anything like the DS, boy, we are in for quite a treat.

13. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    This thread is getting seriously bad. And most of you have been breaking enough rules here to get more than one infraction and possibly a ban too. Only reason why you arent getting is that coz if I infract one, I'll have to infract the rest of you too. And not to mention I'll have to go through this ridiculous thread and find out who started what.

Anyways. Any more trouble making posts here will result in an instant time-out. Do NOT quote any of the posts above this one and use that as an excuse to continue attacking other members. If you are interested in discussing 3DS and its games, feel free to contribute as long as you can do it in a civilized way. Other wise, there are over 67000 threads discussing your fav gaming platform here. Use one of those instead of this one.

14. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
  15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
  16. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    *phew*

Thank you, mod. I thought the topic was going to be lost to oblivion, what with the rate of derailing that was going on.

By the by, might as well ask since you're here, would it be alright if a new topic is made a couple of weeks from now? This one is becoming rather bloated and by mid-Jan, with the new media briefing, we should be given all finalised details on the 3DS. It might be better to reboot the discussion, rather than bolt it on at the end of this.

Thanks

17. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    #577 Omega-F, Dec 30, 2010
    I was thinking the same. The new thread should be the "official 3ds discussion thread"

I was thinking about making it (it should be up tonight or tomorrow).

There's going to be a lot of new info starting next week since there's going to be an event in Japan.

18. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    New event in January will be shown on Ustream

The events taking place at Nintendo World 2011 in Japan on January 8th 2011, will be streamed live via Ustream.

There are seven special events to be streamed, each one focusing around a selection of titles, demoed by the designers / directors of said games.

- Nintendo 3DS demonstration, showcasing Mii Studio, other OS functions and the bundled Augmented Reality games

- Metal Gear Solid 3 demonstration, probably by Hideo Kojima

- Super Street Fighter IV demonstration, by Yoshinori Ono (producer of SF series)

- 3DS game demonstration (probably the new Professor Layton and maybe the new Professor Layton x Phoenix Wright game), by Level-5's Akihiro Hino (developers of Dragon Quest, Professor Layton, etc)

- Kid Icarus demonstration, by Masahiro Sakurai (director of Kirby, Smash Bros and Kid Icarus)

- Resident Evil Mercenaries and Resident Evil Revelations demonstrations, probably by Kawata (producer)

- Nintendogs + Cats demonstration, probably by Hideki Konno (director of Mario Kart series, Luigi's Mansion, Nintendogs, and chief designer of the 3DS hardware design)

19. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    #579 GDSage, Dec 30, 2010
    It's probably better if you wait until the actual events are happening, when all the official details are out, that way the topic title can be "Nintendo 3DS - launch date, price, games, OS and online details" or something along those lines. I think those finalised details are what people are looking out for now and so will flock to a topic that states has those details.

In any case, whenever you do decide to make it, feel free to nick anything from the first post of this topic.

20. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    Dont think anyone even needs to ask for that. Sure. Feel free to create another thread if you feel like it. Just as long as you arent spamming with new threads every other day, it'll be fine.