3DS... perhaps the greatest device ever

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by GDSage, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    #481 S.I.D. CrAzY, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
    Calling the iPhone/iPod touch a gaming device is like calling a sink a toilet.

Sure, we've all had a piss in one when we're desperate, but we'd rather piss in something designed for pissing in.

Not serious of course(for those who prefer the iPhone) and I swear I've never pissed in a sink........

2. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    i cant sig that, it's too long :(

3. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    It has been confirmed!

Jan 19 2011 is the date of two (press only) media briefings in North America and Europe, where final details (online) and launch details (price, launch games) for the 3DS will be unveiled.

4. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    #484 GDSage, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
    3DS News!

3DS game cards to store up to 8GB
    With the DS, game cards came in a variety of 8MB, 16MB, 32MB, 64MB and 128MB, then later at 256MB and 512MB. Macronix, the company that are manufacturing the cartridges for the Nintendo 3DS have confirmed that 3DS game cards can store up to 8GB of data, although right now up to 2GB cards are only being produced. In any case, for now and especially in the future developers will have plenty of space for 3DS games.

Asphalt 3D: Nitro Racing

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Konami’s Asphalt 3D: Nitro Racing (Konami is acting as publisher for Gameloft) will allow you to race with motorcycles in addition to cars, plus there’s also multiplayer for up to six players. This version will also include licensed car models from Bentley, McLaren, Mercedes and Ferrari.

Unsurprising, going by the screens, it looks like Gameloft is giving this project minimal effort.

Kingdom Hearts 3DS to be shown off on January 18th at SE's special event
    Tetsuya Nomura of Square Enix has revealed that on January 18th at the upcoming Square Enix 1st Production Department Premier event, Kingdom Hearts 3DS will be shown off. Kingdom Hearts 3DS is the next mainline Kingdom Hearts title, by the studio that developed KH: Birth By Sleep (KH0) for PSP.

EA dev states "3DS GPU is really sweet"
    Here comes a quote from a Nintendo power interview with Tony Marinello of EA North Carolina, one of the key developers behind the acclaimed Madden series.

"It’s a pretty powerful handheld. The graphical processing unit on it is really sweet. You’ll notice we’ve got some rim lighting effects, for example, and environment maps on the helmets. Plus we’re using a lot of the assets from the ‘next-gen’ versions of the game."

Professor Layton trailer

Basically looks the same as the Wii games, in terms of visuals.

Ubisoft's shovelware undergoes a visual transformation

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The games title has changed from Combat of Giants: Dinosaur Strike to Combat of Giants: Dinosaur 3D, and the visuals have undegone a more gritty look, complete with more realistic texture work and normal mapping.

5. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    You can pre-order 3DS now at gamestop for $50

6. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    3DS is no doubt another revolution to the game industry! i will get it as soon as it is released.

7. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    how do you plan to get one
    I don't see myself walking into any store and buying one there

8. Stirolak26

Stirolak26 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Have you ever played aralon? You wont see or find games like it or elder scrolls on a nintendo system ever. Have funwith your japanese rpg crap or casual nintendo games while i play some heroes of might and magic, aralon, monkey ball that hassuperior control to any buttons via just tilt and many levels to play through, and all the great games i have at my disposal. Oh and u wont find many fps games on it like nova 2 either ever. Just get he ipad its not a toy like the ds and has muxh better battery life and screen size than ny 3ds.

9. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    Actually for me its the opposite fromnboth of you. I got a wii and an ipad and iphone 4 all wround the swme time and hae a gamng pc upstairs i have to walk the stairs to get to and all i pra tically play are ipad gamea and sit on the ipad. Its so much more enjoyable with its light weight and great screen and battery life as well as the amazing library of hd games that i cant ever see anything replacing it. And if i hardly use the wii that has some amazing game on it with a few yr backcataloge i really doubt this 3ds will change my mind. And i dont get why ppl say the idevices hqve no deep gamew. Uper monkey balls 2 on it has tons of stages Dedicated to it qnd is much beter than the gwmecube remwkeon gba and ds all sega did was port. Or what about aralon or the many rpgs out there. Or racing games that play just fine via accelerometer ratherthan some crappy dpad?

10. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    #490 Omega-F, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
    hahahahahahahahaha

[​IMG]

Yes, he will have a LOT of fun playing "casual" Nintendo games like Ocarina of Time 3D, Star Fox 64 3D, Kid Icarus Uprising, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario, plus an onslaught of excellent third party games like Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D, Resident Evil Revelations, Street Fighter 4 3rd Edition, Shin Megami Tensei Persona, Devil Survivor, etc.

Don't be mad kid, if you save some money, I'm sure you'll be able to afford the Nintendo 3DS that you so desperately want.

11. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    Oh wow a bunch of n64 ports ive beaten on almost every device known to existence that has n64 emulation including the psp. Is that the best nintendo can do lol.nid rather have amiga and c64 ports like the idevices are getting anyway as those systems are harder to emulate on even pcs. Plus you and me know nintendo will just make a bunchn of ports or games weve all played before. You cant deny the ipad monkey balls is the best one yet and nintendo never had an open world western rpg like ralon or fallout or elder scrolls. The last story is kinda similar for the wii but might not even come to America or ifnit does like a year from now or more. Also, i hope you enjoy waiting monthw or years in anticipation for games knowing how slow of a developer nintendo is and how they like to overhype their games. Ever since getting my ipad im done with waiting yrs fir a zelda 64 to come out, or some other overhyped game i had to endure in the past, only to be charged 50 bucks for a port. Etc. Look at the gba all they did was port a bunch of old mario games onto it not a single new one. Listen just because you enjoy waiting for overhyped games, playing old ports, or enjoy 3d gimmicks (might as well just get nvidia 3d vision) and dont enjoy the idevice creativity and indy dev spirit of games that imo make even the best wii games (and yet it moves is better thsn any wii game to me) doesnt mean everyone else has to agree with you. I prefer creative indy games over old nintndo franchises by now.

12. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    I dont even like mowt console games anymore. Eeryone including nintendo plays it safe and releases reharshes that sell and there is no creativity in thr industry. On steam and the app store with ndy games there is way more creativity. I admit there are exceptions like kirbys epic yarn but how often does a game like that come along? Maybe a few times in the entire lifespan of the wii?

13. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    #493 Omega-F, Dec 28, 2010
    First of all, can you write like a normal person? I'm no grammar nazi, but reading your posts makes me head hurt:

Oh wow, you don't know the difference between port and remake, do you?

No.

Now tell me, honestly, who gives 2 damns about Monkey Ball, eh? Is that your best example of a killer-app or what? And seriously, what if 3DS doesn't have western rpgs like "aralon", which could be considered a C quality title if you compare it to other adventure/rpg platforms that will be available for the platform like Zelda OoT or the Shin Megami Tensei Persona games?

By the way, considering that the 3DS will likely be a humongous hit, I can, easily, see Bioware bringing a Mass Effect game or Bethesda a Fallout game to 3DS.

I take quality over quantity any time. Having to "wait" for games is not going to bother me in the least, considering that during that time I'll be playing true top quality gaming experiences like Metal Gear or Resident Evil.

Enjoy playing your apps!

BS. There were many excellent games from Nintendo aside from those Mario Ports. Want me to name them?

You clearly have low standards, so if you are ok with that, there's nothing I can do to change your mind. Like I said, keep enjoying your apps.

Good for you. You are wrong again btw.

I'd recommend you to play the Mario Galaxy games, but then again, you'll come here to say that you enjoy your indie game more, so there's no point debating.
    --------------------------

C'mon son, just save a couple bucks per day and I'm sure you'll be able to buy a Nintendo 3DS. You clearly want one desperately.

14. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    'nuff said

15. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    • Nintendo 3DS: Top screen 400x240 (vertically interlaced for 3D effect, effectively 800x240), bottom screen 320x240
    • Nintendo DS: 256x192 (each screen)
    • PSP: 480x272
    • iPhone 3GS: 480x320
    * iPhone 4 960x640
    -Kotaku.com

You can't play CoD Zombies on your 3DS. There are just as many hardcore games on the iPhone as there is on the iPhone. The only thing it's missing is Mario.

16. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    #496 Stirolak26, Dec 28, 2010
    Plenty of ppl enjoy gaming on idevices more:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1069343

The battery and screensize and ram alone triumph the 3ds in potential. And how can you say aralon is c quality? It is constsntly updated and supported and by version 1.5 all the bugs should be ironed out, it was just released in beta but still nothing on handhelds ever came ormwill come close to it. You really think Bereshda will make anything noteworthy on it just because its succesful? Like the massivily succesful ds they never did anything of note on and make a crappy sonic rpg? Come on. And they arent remakes, they are ports. Starfox 64 and zelda 64 look almost exactly the same and have same levels, etc. If u want to call them remake call the recent secret of mana port to ios as remake as well. And Id rather be playing thst than any crappy n64 games (that was the worst nintendo system ever with overpriced short casual games that a kindergardener can beat like ur example of starfox 64 -- play wing commander or descent 3 or a real game). Oh and. Bet the gameloft resident evil xlone turns out to be better than the capcom gam for 3ds.

17. Lombardo

Lombardo Well-Known Member

Alright seriously everyone the truth of the matter is that the 3ds will obviously be superior to the iPhone in gaming. The iphone is not a game designated device. But, both will continue to sell because some people don't mind paying for/carrying around the 3ds, while others will stick with their iPhone for it's many features and its casual, convenient games.

18. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    And i do own mario galaxy 2 and its a great game but the controls really suxk and hinder it for me. I grew up playing mario 64 and sunshine and am used to all the movEs you can do like dive as a result of the much better controller (for platformers) on tjose systems and have a hard time enjoying galaxy bedause of the ackward control system.

19. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    For me the ipad is the best for gaming. Playing gta ctw on that big screen in hd is just so much better experience than on any phone or handheld gaming system. Its like having a small tv with you everywhere in hd. And some games like racing and monkey balls will always be better with tilt than any controls of other platforms anyway. And why do you guys get excited about old games on nintendo systems but not when gameloft ports ones like rayman 2 ? Its cause the quality bar is a lot higher as well as competition on idevices.

20. Lombardo

Lombardo Well-Known Member

Gosh you really enjoy yourself some monkey balls dont you?