3DS... perhaps the greatest device ever

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by GDSage, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Just a last post about this..
    Even if there are some, the iDevice is more universally likeable than the 3DS I think, for a very simple reason: it isn't focused on eastern nor on western style games (just look at RPGs, there are lots of eastern RPGs like Chaos Rings, Crimson Gem Saga or even Zenonia, but there are also many western RPGs like The Quest, Undercroft or the upcoming Aralon). Pretty much the only reason why someone couldn't enjoy using it is that the person's an "Apple hater" (which is very popular, lately even more than before).
    GDSage: Don't even bother answering please.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Fix'd.

3. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Fixed a second time :)

4. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    Fixed once more.

5. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Disappointed in you, meh.
    He never presented any facts that were important for the argument, he could only argue with one of my 4 statements and I was right all the time.

6. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I just think you're plain wrong. The 3DS looks like a great device and everyone will love it. It doesn't get any simpler.

7. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    I never said it wasn't a great device. JUST NOT THE GREATEST DEVICE EVER. It isn't anything revolutionary, just a logical step for Nintendo.

8. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    No truer word shall be spoken in these Forumses.

9. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    True that.

10. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Every single one of your points was based on a misinformed stance and I showed you how that was.

You said: 3DS isn't doing anything new
    I said: No device is, every company (including Apple) is focused on evolving tech rather than reinventing the wheel. You'll have to wait another five years for that

You said: Nintendo aims for a different audience, largely Eastern approach
    I said: Incorrect, because a largely Eastern approach (Final Fantasy) nets you five million copies sold, not 20 million copies sold (NSMB, MK, Nintendogs, Brain Training). A largely Eastern approach does not allow you to become the largest publisher in the games industry

You said: The DS does not have as much appeal outside of Japan
    I said: Incorrect, the DS has sold vastly more hardware and software in the West than in Japan

You said: B-b-but I meant graphical style when I said Eastern approach!!!
    I said: Nintendo's biggest selling titles are clinical affairs with regards to graphical style (see: NSMB, MK, Nintendogs)

You said: The DS should be universally likeable, like the iPhone
    I said: In that case, the DS is universally likeable, it has sold more than all the iDevices put together (how else do you measure such a thing?)

What else is there?

Good lord, is this the reason you're making such a fuss? I wouldn't mind, but I said "perhaps"... you know, a wink wink, nudge nudge topic title. Next time I'll remember to place a disclaimer stating "In no uncertain terms should you take this statement as 100% serious".

11. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    4+1) Well then we're going into a range beyond just gaming, and arguments are being made towards the 3DS' validity as a gaming device. Sure, a person who wants to do all the things an iPod can do should by the iPod. Hands down it's the greatest device for overall, casual consumer use right now, and if that's how you want to use it, fine.

Hard-core gamers who expect BIG MONEY games (don't say Eliminate --btw, what a fail THAT turned out to be! and those games, you know the difference), the 3DS and PSP will continue to be their main option.

12. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    You still can't see where you are wrong? You know what? I don't give a crap. You give speeches, which are completely meaningless, facts that are almost completely unrelated. Aren't you a politician by any chance?

13. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Whoa that's weird I don't know how a link on TouchArcade got me redirected to GameFAQs.

14. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Tiz true that what I said about Midian being true, is true!

15. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I was thinking gamtrailers.com but hey hahahaahahahhahaha this +1

16. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Oh I know that, I was just disagreeing about the part where you said it was over-hyped. That's what started this whole thing, right? I mean, it's going to sell millions and possibly become one of the best selling gaming platforms in history, plus it's got a huge support from 3rd party developers and the fans... I think it totally deserves the hype. Not much stuff does, but a Nintendo handheld is one of the few really safe bets out there. It doesn't do much new, but it does exactly what people want.

17. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    3DS GAME FOOTAGE

Warning: Due to the games running in 3D mode we'll be getting blur-o-vision in the videos

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time remake
    Look at that framerate! Going back to sub 20 frames per second of the original OoT won't be the same. New animations too.

Ridge Racer 3DS
    Scamco... so much failure that the internet is unable to display the video. Good lord, how much Namco has fallen as a publisher.
    [youtube.]error+23354=failstoomuch[/youtube.]

18. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Damn. When you said that I thought you meant it'd gone back to the pre-rendered backgrounds :(

Looks good though, I'm glad the zombies are more zombie-like again.

19. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    :eek:

That does it. 3DS is a day one purchase for me. And they need to translate and bring that game over on day one as well.

20. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    The shopping channel for 3DS has been detailed

http://www.irwebcasting.com/101029/68/e268abf048/index.html
    Skip to the 40 min mark.

When booting shopping channel, you will be presented with icons, corresponding to different themes (3DS Ware, DSi Ware, Virtual Console). The icons for these sections are large and the transition between them is fast and smooth.

When selecting a game, you are given multiple options, again presented via large icons. As well as purchasing the game, the game details, user reviews, screens / trailers and a demo will also be presented. In addition, an option allowing you to see for what lengths of time and by what frequency existing purchasers played that game. To finish it off, a instant link to the official website of that game, if you wish to check up on more details.

In terms of organising, you can search out best sellers, highest rated titles, games by genre, as well as use a search tool. In addition, a recommended by other users list is also available for each title.