3DS... perhaps the greatest device ever

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by GDSage, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Yeah, it would make sense to release it around this date. As the article says, it gives enough time for Christmas shopping as well as being able to release a few more titles after the initial console launch.

2. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/13/3ds_mt_framework_detailed/

Capcom just posted a new article detailing the 3DS, the porting of their engine MT Framework (Resident Evil 5) to the 3DS and the game using that engine, Resident Evil Revelations. It was also revealed Super Street Fighter IV for 3DS also uses the MT Framework engine. Screens are at the link:

People had doubts the trailer of Resident Evil Revelations shown at E3 was actually performed by the 3DS hardware, well this has been said in response to those doubts:

Then a list of effects and features are listed of what the MT Framework and 3DS is capable of in Resident Evil Revelations:

3. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Small update on the whole 3DS release date thing:

4. ipod's rock

ipod's rock Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Don't know if that is true, would Nintendo release the 3DS without all the other games released? The companys need time to get the games done they need more than 10 games for release. Or mabey other companys have know for a long time and we don't know it but street fighter and all the other games are done! Wishful thinking;)

5. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    I think the November release date, even for NA, is plausible. If they release the 3DS at a holiday, it could be the best, fastest selling device of all time. Everyone is going to get one for Christmas.

6. RyoHazuki

RyoHazuki Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    UK
    People remember games not consoles, and so far the games are not wowing me, the last really memorable nintendo game I played was Zelda OoT, everything since has been a bit meh.

7. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    The game library that has been announced is the thing that impressed everyone in the first place. Not sure what you're talking about.

8. RyoHazuki

Jan 7, 2010
    UK
    It might impress everyone else it doesn't impress me. I'm talking about what I like, problem?

9. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Problem? You're mixing 'people' with 'yourself'. "People remember games not consoles" and people so far seem to be impressed with the games. "So far the games are not wowing me", so what?

10. RyoHazuki

Jan 7, 2010
    UK
    No I'm not , I am a person , I even have opposable thumbs and everything,so the first part when I mention "people" holds true even though, at this point it doesn't matter anyway because I'm not giving an opinion on the 3DS.

When I do start giving MY OPINION on the 3DS I make quite clear to use "I" and "me" if you can't see that , it's your problem not mine.

11. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    You said 'people'.

12. RyoHazuki

Jan 7, 2010
    UK
    Yes I did, in a separate line before I gave my opinion, I really can't help you if misunderstood and I find this having to qualify what I've said rather silly, if not dull and pointless.

13. RyoHazuki

Jan 7, 2010
    UK
    Let me rephrase to prevent further stasi-esque nerd rage.

People remember great games not consoles.

Every Nintendo game I've played since Zelda OoT I have found a disapointment.

Even the games other people get exited about are mostly sequels or remakes in series which in my opinion have long since gone stale.

So because given my opening statement "People remember great games not consoles" the 3DS fails to exite me, and until killer apps that I must have come out I remain unimpressed with the hardware, 3d , small,light, powerful or in a variety of colours.

DISCLAIMER.
    No animals were harmed during the forming of this opinion, but some users may experience severe nerdrage when someone says something they don't like on the internet, such users should avoid contrary opinions in case it induces full on ranting neckbeard syndrome, which can casuse dribbling , vomiting, verbal diarrhoea , coma and eventually death.

14. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    #314 GDSage, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
    3DS tidbit news! Remember, only eight days left to THE conference, when all sorts of juicy details will be revealed!

15. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Fruck.

IF this continues the story after KH2, I think I'll buy a 3DS for that.

16. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Hope this still comes out before Xmas.

17. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Good thing it's launching with Ocarina of time then huh?

Also, while you are totally entitled to your opinion, I really don't understand how you can not be excited by the launch titles. I mean there's pilotwings, starfox, zelda, mario kart, resident evil, metal gear solid, kingdom hearts etc. etc.

I'm not raging, I just don't understand how you don't think that's a great launch title lineup.

18. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Mario Kart, Resident Evil, MGS and Kingdom Hearts won't be launch titles. Those titles will be out in 2011, so launch year, which is still impressive as normally those sort of titles are released much later on in a lifecycle.

19. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    WOW! Just saw this thread. The 3DS looks really good. Am looking forward to this!

20. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Just wondering, when the 29th comes around, should I just edit the first post of this topic with all the details that will be unveiled or should I make a new topic? I just think this topic will be a bit bloated for all the new info that will come our way.