3DS... perhaps the greatest device ever

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by GDSage, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah, now they take two years. They'd always gone by a 4-year dev cycle before, but recently some asshole at Capcom decided it was better to halve the dev time and rush more games out in an attempt at making money using the ol' quantity over quality scheme. If they screw Resident Evil up I'll murder someone.

2. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    http://kotaku.com/5597237/capcom-is-going-to-make-games-quicker

I'm hoping that it doesn't lead to rushed production, but frankly I'm not overly confident.

3. justlegos

justlegos Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Student/Cart Pusher
    Iowa
    Nintendos attempt to boost sales and beat out apple... I'm buying the ipod touch 4g, not this :D

4. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I think you'll find Nintendo have nearly always been making consoles actually... regardless of whether or not the App Store existed, the 3DS would have been created, it's their line of business.

5. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Fix'd.

6. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Congratulations on making the least sense post of the week!

Let's see... the DS has been out on the market for six years now, with hardware sales nearing 140 million. The platform was bound to be replaced by a new product especially since the average lifecycle is five years. So, what does this have to do with Apple again? Are you really that hungry for attention?

But do enjoy your ipod touch 4g, indeed I'll be joining you. However whilst I am doing that I'll also be enjoying new Metal Gear Solid, new Resident Evil, proper Street Fighter IV, Ninja Gaiden, new Final Fantasy titles, Dragon Quest XI, new Kingdom Hearts, Pilotwings, Kid Icarus... and so on, on the 3DS. :D

7. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #267 lord-sam, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
    I hate to say this, but 3DS looks AWFUL! The guy has no expression on his face and no distinction between clothes and skin. Also his hair looks baaad

Anyway - a pic of the console (i dunno if it's already been posted):
    15650031.jpg

8. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Wow, overly high standards.

9. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Not high standards. Just 'don't fix it if it ain't broke'. Why play a bad looking game when you can play an outdated one that looks better?

10. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    What's the better looking outdated one?

11. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    #271 MidianGTX, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
    It looks pretty badass to me. I'm bored of SFIV now, but for graphics on a portable console Nintendo are definitely raising the bar with the 3DS. It's actually comparable to the 360/PS3 versions rather than being nothing like them.

12. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    I don't think that's the case, because that argument makes too little sense. You can't carry a console in your pocket.

13. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    First off, SSFIV on 3DS is only 10% complete. 10%

Second, how can you tell of the characters expression when the head is mostly tilted down? In other screenshots for the 3DS game it clearly shows all characters retain their large variety of expressions from the console version.

No distinction between clothes and skin, what does that even mean?

14. SJP99

SJP99 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Ipod Touch game player person like thing????
    11th dimension
    to be honest... Nintendo has much better third party support...the graphics on the 3ds look awesome..and has 3d as well as dual screens...and PHYSICAL controls as well as a touchscreen Put that all together and you get a pretty awesome system. For a dedicated gaming console..this kinda beats the ipod touch..not saying that they dont have good ipod games. But with launch titles like those..the 3ds is going to be big. They already have call of duty for the current crappy DS so its not like the 3ds is going to be weak on more action packed older ordinated games games. not to mention the 3ds has the graphics to back those games up...they look amazing. So with all due respect...there are alot of apple fanboys here..non of which have played the 3ds yet..but its Nintendo..they are not going to put out a crappy product. YEs..the ipohe may be better for many many things (productivity for one) but in terms of gaming...apple holds its own...but Nintendo..well...i think you know...

so,,,both iphone and 3ds will have there pros and cons...but as for gaming..im gonna have to go with the 3ds

15. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    #275 Omega-F, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
    I think kid´s referring to this version

[​IMG]

I dunno you guys, but it definitely looks better than this

[​IMG]

just horrible.

16. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    The bottom picture has more character detail, they have no faces on the iPhone version, Ryu's muscles are just a blur of nothingness with no definition to them at all. Oh, and the shading is dreadful in comparison.

17. SJP99

SJP99 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Ipod Touch game player person like thing????
    11th dimension
    i agree....the iphones ones are just sprites and the 3ds ones are real 3d models..right? i think the 3ds one is better...and the screenshot has been resized..it doesn't do the real thing justice..here are some better screenshots

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=252905

18. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Nice face, LordVader.

19. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Wait, comparing it to the iPhone version? That's almost worse than comparing to the console version. Asides from the fact that the 3DS version will most likely actually be in 3D as opposed to fake 3d sprites, and that it will be Super Street Fighter IV, it simply looks better.

20. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Yes, those are 3D models instead of fake 3D sprites.