3D Gallery 2 (new Version 2.2) + Promocodes

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by charnold, May 27, 2016.

1. charnold

charnold Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2009
    software developer
    #1 charnold, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    iTunes-Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/3d-gallery-2/id486216679?mt=8

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What’s New in Version 2.11:

- Updated for iPhone X.
    - Drag and drop pictures from other apps to your galleries on iPad: Activate Edit-Mode in 3D Gallery 2, open a second app with Slide Over, touch and hold a picture in the other app until it lifts up, drag the picture to a wall in 3D Gallery 2 and drop it.

2. charnold

Sep 26, 2009
    software developer
    #2 charnold, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  3. Acidik

Acidik Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Thankyou. Have redeemed YHKN7PLEHHA9 and will install shortly on my iPad 3.

4. Acidik

Acidik Member

Jun 10, 2016
    #4 Acidik, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    Have now installed and here's a little feedback.

I quite like the concept and implementation, well done to the developer. It's not unlike some of the early VRML concepts back in the 90's when I used to be a web developer.

First up, I had what appeared to be a crash to desktop on first load, after I got to the gallery and pressed the "Photos" button it asked me if I wanted to give the app access to my photos, I pressed ok and then it dropped me back to desktop. App was still running in background though and I was able to switch back to it using app switcher and was then able to continue to add images to the walls. iPad 3 iOS 9.3.1

Now here are a few ideas that may help.

1) I felt like I should have been able to quickly walk to a picture either by double clicking it or perhaps double clicking the floor in front of it (similar to what is possible on google street view). Adding this capability would make moving around a little faster compared to the arrow method (keep arrow method as well though). Edit: I mean quickly walking to it rather than bringing it directly "off the wall" as it presently does using the double click method, perhaps double clicking the floor would be the best way to quickly move physical location in that case.

2) "Visitors" seem to be placed in the room without consideration as to whether they have a photo in front of them or not. As such, depending on how you lay out your images, they may be staring at a blank wall. Perhaps give user the ability to move the models around in edit mode or else autodetect locations so that they are only ever placed in front of a picture.

3) Consider adding a feathered shadow around each image, the room itself has shadows but the images currently do not which makes them look a little odd/flat considering they are on raised blocks away from the wall.

4) Consider giving user the option for the floor texture to be timber boards (or remove the carpet option completely). Most galleries I have been in do not have carpeted floors and it makes it look a little like being in an empty office building/bank rather than a gallery.

5) Perhaps give the option of adding ambient sound. Visit a real gallery and make a recording that you can loop, low talking whispers and footsteps etc.

6) Allow gallery editor to add a voice recording to each image that can be played back by touching the picture and selecting play.

7) .... and the number one thing I think you need to add is the ability to add a description to each image that is visible after touching the picture. The main use for this gallery app in my opinion is for third parties to view the images of another party, as such it would be important to be able to provide a description to the enduser as to what each image is. If you add that feature you would really be adding value to the app compared to a regular tiled photo viewing app.

Good to see that you are still supporting/updating an app made in 2011 and best of luck with continued sales. Hope my feedback helps.

Cheers from Australia,

Graham

5. charnold

Sep 26, 2009
    software developer
    Thanks for your detailed feedback, Graham!

Currently I'm working on the ability to enter and view image descriptions. This should be ready in the next update.

For the last updates, I've done more technical things (bugfixes, faster image loading, dynamic loading/unloading), but the next updates will have new features.

So thanks for your ideas / suggestions!

Best regards,

Christoph

6. charnold

Sep 26, 2009
    software developer
    #6 charnold, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    New Update available:

What's New in version 2.4

Bugfix: The app crashed when pressing the Photos button the first time and then pressing "ok".

New: Add descriptions to each image!

Press the compose button in the toolbar to show/hide the descriptions textbox.

To enter descriptions:
    - Switch to edit mode (no frames selected).
    - Focus a frame and touch the descriptions textbox.

To view descriptions:
    - Switch to view mode.
    - Focus a frame, double tap a frame or run a slideshow to view the description.
    - Descriptions are readonly in view mode.

7. charnold

Sep 26, 2009
    software developer
    New Update available:

What's New in version 2.5

3 different floor types:
    - charcoal black carpet
    - light wood
    - dark wood

To change the floor for the current gallery:
    - tap on the gallery name
    - go to the options page
    - choose a floor

Changed "Photos" button to "+" symbol.
    Changed "Tour" button to "Play" symbol.

8. charnold

Sep 26, 2009
    software developer
    New Update available:

What's New in version 2.6

- Updated to a universal iPhone/iPad App.
    - Bugfix: Crash when selecting/deselecting multiple images.

9. charnold

Sep 26, 2009
    software developer
    #9 charnold, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    New Update available:

What's New in version 2.7

- Frames: Add frames to your pictures. Set individual depth, width and color for each frame and matting. Define different default frames for each gallery.
    - Bugfix: Screenshots on iPhone 6/6s/7 Plus fixed now.
    - Change: Now the control pad doesn’t disappear when deactivating the toolbar.

What's New in version 2.8

- Enhanced framing/matting: Add a second mat to your frames for more depth, or as an accent color for a greater effect.
    - The rendering engine now uses multisample anti-aliasing to improve image quality.
    - Control pad size and distance to border can be configured.
    - The description text now moves up when the toolbar is hidden.
    - Direct access to the options from the toolbar.
    - Cleaned up the gallery list - user interface.
    - Cleaned up the options - user interface.

10. charnold

Sep 26, 2009
    software developer
    #10 charnold, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    New Update available:

What’s New in Version 2.9:

- New options to configure the automatic zoom for tour and double tap view. Choose to zoom in on just the picture or the frame, optionally with some extra space.
    - Bugfix (depth-buffer problem when rendering double tap viewed frame).

What’s New in Version 2.10:

- Picture, frame and matting are now always fully lit.
    - New view option: Total views on tour. Choose between different sets of total views for the automatic slideshows.

What’s New in Version 2.11:

- Updated for iPhone X.
    - Drag and drop pictures from other apps to your galleries on iPad: Activate Edit-Mode in 3D Gallery 2, open a second app with Slide Over, touch and hold a picture in the other app until it lifts up, drag the picture to a wall in 3D Gallery 2 and drop it.