iPad 3D Exploring

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by lilboarder32, Feb 5, 2009.

1. lilboarder32

lilboarder32 Member

Jan 20, 2009
    High School Student
    Arizona
    #1 lilboarder32, Feb 5, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
    Hey everyone, I was just recently looking at the game 3d world, and i couldn't help but think, but that I would love to see more of these apps. Ive often found myself wondering what it would be like to explore a 3d world of a cartoon's house (I.E. Spongebob's Pineapple, The Simpsons Home, The Family Guy Home, etc.). Let me know if you feel the same way and add more suggestions of possible 3d areas to explore.

3d World iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=303078567&mt=8

3D World for free iTunes link (i guess the original 3D World was just a submitted demo from Unity): http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=305088957&mt=8

3D Gallery iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=294742103&mt=8

2. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I'd love to see more of this too. At least we can wait for the 3D World update.

3. lilboarder32

lilboarder32 Member

Jan 20, 2009
    High School Student
    Arizona
    Update

Ya can't wait for the update, the app has real potential. Any places you can think of you would want to explore?

4. eVp

eVp Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    You have to be sarcastic, right? The game had nothing but pre-made demo content provided by the platform. It kills me to see it actually sold some copies...

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

The app (it isn't realy a game) does all things that it says it will do. read the description. I think the only thing it needs is:
    - A menu
    - more roolms/levels

6. lilboarder32

lilboarder32 Member

Jan 20, 2009
    High School Student
    Arizona
    Not a game...

Ya 3D world isnt a game its more of just a... world... exactly what it said it was. If your not into that type of thing, dont bother commenting please.:D

7. eVp

eVp Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Don't patronize me, I know exactly what it is or isn't. That's just offensive. And please, with the amount of original content in the first release, I hope you are not expecting anything real from any updates. There is only so much you can do with pre-made objects...

8. lilboarder32

lilboarder32 Member

Jan 20, 2009
    High School Student
    Arizona
  9. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    i got the demo of 3d world and it was pretty cool, but u think they said they were gonna make it into a fps:confused:

10. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    #10 Mattman, Feb 23, 2009
    Hey, if he got satisfaction from the app then it did his job.

11. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    And here's the same 3D World Unity demo with paper airplanes flying around in it! :rolleyes:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=301639092&mt=8

Don't get me wrong--I really like the Unity engine demo because it's fun to explore, but I don't think we will see any updates to the 3D World that is currently in the app store. It's only a demo.

I have the 3D Gallery, and I do like that a lot. There are several different gallery rooms with 50 picture frames for you to insert your own photos. I used each room for a different theme-- one room is family pics, the next room is my trip to China, etc. It's an interesting and fun way to look at your own photos. But it is also a demo (from Unity?) so I don't expect a lot of updates on that either. FYI, it is on sale for 99 cents, down from $4.99.

12. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Let's keep this thread civil.

Everyone is entitled to post relevant remarks in support of, or against an application. Criticism of arguments also is freely encouraged, without personally directed diatribe.

Thank you.

13. HandheldGames

HandheldGames Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    CEO & Founder, Creative Director, Producer, & Desi
    Lynnwood, Washington
    Not a game. Its an App. If there was gameplay - it could be considered a game. Please move this to the App section.

14. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Sorry:D

15. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
  16. jshmrsn

jshmrsn Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Mobile Game Developer
    Agoura Hills, CA
    A big part of what I'm working for SciFly II is the exploration element. It's not exactly the same as exploring a house, but the game is going to have a whole lot of islands that you can fly across the oceans to. Hopefully by making the different islands unique and interesting, there will be a feeling of exploration when you fly around, between the shooting :rolleyes:

17. #17 Mindfield, Feb 23, 2009
    Eesh. NDMApple have a history of suck. TouchWood (iTunes link) was their first app, and all it did was display a picture of wood. No joke. FingerMill Revenge was their first attempt at a game of any sort, and it was utterly terrible. It earned a place in my Hall of FAIL. Their only quasi-useful app was Anthems.

But selling demo content they didn't even lift a finger to design is beyond the pale. Marketwall started out in the App Store submitting iPhone SDK demo code with their name on it, which was retarded, but at least they didn't charge for it.

I didn't think it was possible to feel any more contempt for them, but my respect for NDMApple has just plummeted below the Earth's mantle. Maybe I could turn that into an article...

Oh, and collabtools doesn't get away that easily either. They put ads in their "free" version. But at least they've developed some other pretty good stuff, so I won't be too harsh.