iPad 3D Constructo Combat

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NotYou, Nov 18, 2008.

1. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    It went down to $.99 and I tried it. I don't recommend it. I've been curious about it since it came out and I'm glad I didn't pay full price.

It's a great original concept for a game and the controls are good. The execution is horrible though. It just seems like another dev who doesn't realize you can make good games for the iPhone and instead uses Palm as the standard.

It could have been good with a better dev, but these guys don't seem to realize that technology advances and the iPhone is more powerful than a Palm. It's kind of waste.

If they update it so it's practical for the iPhone, I'd be willing to pay much more for it, because it actually is a really interesting game. As it is now, I'd say you'd be wasting a dollar.

2. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Thanks for the non-recommendation, i almost bought this. :)

3. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks

I saw this and took a look as it sounded different. Thanks posting your feedback. We always hear about what people really like (which is a good thing) but seldom here about the disappointing games.

4. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Crap... if i came here before i click that damn BUY button about 2 hours ago, i could've save a buck. Yes, this game is a POS, literally. I wish the dev had put in more thought or maybe get a designer to help him/her out. Horrible game.

5. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I actually think it's a really great concept. It looks almost like they made a polished game, then compressed and reduced the quality of everything until it was... whatever it turned out to be.

It's like taking a high res picture and reducing the quality until it's a thumbnail and thinking it's still good.

It looks like the dev just hasn't played any good iPhone game and doesn't know what it can do.

6. davidhenry114

davidhenry114 Active Member

Nov 4, 2008
    I think that was a previous Palm and or Pocket PC game so that would explain the good idea yet in low quality.

7. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    You are too kind. I wouldn't put the word good and this game in the same sentence even if i'm dead drunk.