3D Artist Available for Freelance

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by andrei313, Oct 17, 2010.

1. andrei313

andrei313 Member

#1 andrei313, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  2. Some excellent work Andrei.

Makes me want to start work on a new 3D game! I've only done 2D so far.

I plan to play around with Unity soon though.

I'll keep you in mind.

3. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Wow!

If I was looking for a 3D artist, I would hire you! :)

4. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
  5. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    #5 MICHAELSD, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
    Looks great! Some of those remind me of World of Warcraft's art style, which isn't a bad thing at all. Others have a totally original style. Let us know which games you end up freelancing for, I'd like to try them. I'll keep you in mind for the future. Do you do 2D games as well?

EDIT: You have an excellent resume. It won't take long for you to find a developer.

6. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

You work/use to work for Gameloft, Andrei? The work on your website look amazing, and are watermarked by the French publisher. The maps also look awfully like:

Brothers in Arms 2:
    [​IMG]

Modern Combat 2:
    [​IMG]

7. andrei313

andrei313 Member

#7 andrei313, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
    Thank you all.

Thanks MindJuice. I'd be happy to work with you. I checked out your blog and I must thank you for the post about outsourcing.
    I registered with Elance.com yesterday and today I got my very first project to work on. I hope more will come :)

Thanks madmud101. If you ever need 3D art drop me an email and we'll take about it. My rates are very flexible, especially if I like the project I'm about to work on.

Thanks MICHAELSD. I will keep this thread updated with the work I do :) I'm a 3D artist so I try to keep myself focused on that. From time to time I do get involved in other areas. I do a little programing as well. I have a game on my website that was done in UDK - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnymCd9gDeU&hd=1 (I did the art and programming) and I also have this little app done with Unity: http://www.andrei313.com/RPS_Game/ Ignore the simplicity... I just started looking at Unity a week ago and this was one of the tutorials in the scripting section.

WunDaii, I work for Gameloft at the moment as a Lead 3D Environment Artist and I like to keep myself busy in my free time by freelancing. Brothers in Arms 2: Global Front is the latest game that came out from Gameloft Romania where I work. Both screenshots that you posted are from BiA2, not Modern Combat 2 (this game was done by another Gameloft studio).

Cheers,

Andrei

8. MICHAELSD

Jan 4, 2010
    #8 MICHAELSD, Oct 27, 2010
    Do you think you'll be offering your services in the fairly distant future as well? I'd love to have you as an artist for my second game. Heck, my first game would really benefit as well since I'm looking for a striking visual style. How much work could I have done for $350? My first game wouldn't require many 3D models. It is an interesting 3D puzzle game, but it really doesn't require anywhere near as much as a more complex game. If you're familiar with heavy particle effects and OpenGL 2.0 shaders as well, then I could pay about $150 more. I couldn't hire you for another few months until game development is fairly close to being completed, but I also like your art style a lot for my much more complex second project. I'm also open to paying you a lower fee at first then sharing a percentage of sales.

9. andrei313

andrei313 Member

I'm hoping I will be able to freelance until I'm 80 :) If you'd like you can add my MSN account to your contacts (if you use MSN) so you can easily find me even if it's months from now. My ID is [email protected]
    Although I use this mostly for emails I'm online from time to time.
    I like to talk business over email so if you give me an email with a brief description for the assets you need I can tell you how much it would cost.
    I'm doing most (if not all) of the particle effects at work but I haven't looked at Unity yet to see how it's done there. I will though, soon. I'm not sure what you mean by OpenGL 2.0 shafted though. Being a Lead I work closely with the programmers so I'm involved in shader creation as well if you're referring to that but I'm not writing shaders.

Cheers,

Andrei

10. MICHAELSD

Jan 4, 2010
    #10 MICHAELSD, Oct 27, 2010
    "Shafted" was my iPhone's auto-correction of shaders :p. I did edit my post a little while you were replying. Anyway, I'll definitely keep you in mind for future projects.

Also, I'm looking into Unreal Engine 3 for iOS since it is both cheaper and more powerful than Unity.

11. andrei313

andrei313 Member

#11 andrei313, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  12. mommagamehouse

mommagamehouse Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    CEO
    india