Universal [BETA] Nimian Legends : Vandgels - Open World Adventure

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Protopop, Jan 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Protopop

Protopop Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    #1 Protopop, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    Click this link to play the Beta

https://testflight.apple.com/join/FaozH0Yl

Nimian Legend : Vandgels is an open world adventure and the sequel to Nimian Legends : BrightRidge. It has a focus on natural wilderness and exploration.

I'm looking for beta testers to test the performance and stability of the "Explore Mode" while i finish adding the story.

Explore mode lets you explore the world without the main story quest. I have had a lot of very helpful feedback from Touch Arcade users over the years, and it helps shape my games.

It will help if you can post any feedback in this forum :) Thank you.

vandgels.jpg

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #2 Nullzone, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    Yee-haw, here we go :D !

First, full disclosure: Robert personally invited me to the Beta for Vandgels. Most likely - I guess - because I was such a nuisance and pain in the bum with Brightridge ... 'cause I provided so much valuable feedback and input, I mean :p

With that out of the way:
    Both me and my son already sunk quite a few hours into Vandgels, and LOVED every minute of it.
    He really outdid himself with that one, and upped everything from Brightridge quite a few notches.
    I don't have the time currently to wax rhapsodic and at length about the things we've seen so far. So I'll just leave the above statement to speak for itself for now.
    Robert isn't my favorite game designer for nothing. Vandgels already gets the "Official Nullzone Stamp of Approval and Recommendation (TM)" , beta version or not ;)

If you like this kind of giant calm open world exploration that makes you go "Whoa, awesome!" left and right, and/or want to support a fantastic developer, join in to the Beta.

Johny_Toxic and Protopop like this.
  3. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    This game looks fantastic! I’m installing as I type this message, I will give you feedback as soon as I’ve played enough

Protopop likes this.
  4. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Thank you.

The quality depends on the device. I set a default for each one, and it will help me to let me know your device too, your ios version if you know it, and if you think the default quality should be higher or lower:)

Cooper04 likes this.
  5. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    I’m on the original iPhone X with iOS 12.1.3

Protopop likes this.
  6. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Thanks Nullzone:) BTW i loved your feedback the other day. I was hit with the flu all week so ive been incognito. I am finally feeling well enough to get back on the computer a bit, bit ill still be in slow mode a few more days at least.

7. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Thats good:) Im especially curious about iPhone X. Also ios 12.1.3 because when i submitted it to apple for beta testing approval, they rejected it saying it didnt work on ios 12.1.2. I asked them to retry it because it had worked everywhere else, and it just worked suddenly and they approved it. So i am wondering if it works on the even newer 12.1.3 too.

Cooper04 likes this.
  8. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    That is rather peculiar, I see no reason why it wouldn’t work on it

9. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Also, I’ve played it a little bit now, one thing I noticed is that the device starts to heat up very quickly. I know that’s just because of graphics though

Protopop likes this.
  10. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Thanks - you are already helping me:) Maybe this suggests i should lower the default quality a touch on iPhone X. Lowering the resolution and the grass density are 2 big ways to do this.

Yeah it was weird about ios 12.1.2 because they rejected it and i didnt send in a new version, i just asked to retry it, and then it worked, so i just assume there must have been some sort of glitch outside my purview. Still its good to know firsthand iits working for you on 12.1.3

Cooper04 likes this.
  11. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    hohoho, finally its almost finished :) . anyway robert, can i join the beta please? :D

Protopop likes this.
  12. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    For sure:) Just click this link to install the beta.

https://testflight.apple.com/join/Axzxh79q

Explore mode only available, but the story is coming. Any feedback helps and please post anything you feel like:)

redribbon and Cooper04 like this.
  13. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    thank you. im going to send any feedback through testflight

Protopop likes this.
  14. Techzamazing

Techzamazing Well-Known Member

Awesome. Can I get graphics settings?

15. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    It auto selects a quality settin for each ios device, but you can change the quality in options-quality. A big chang is that the game saves your quality settings now, so when you come back in a button pops up and you can choose default quality of your saved custom quality. Some setings will bring your device to its knees, but look amazing. Ambient occlusion isa heavy setting, but you can speed things up by choosing alower resolution in options-quality-resolution - you just have to mix and match depending on what device you have :)

16. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    What settings do you recommend for iPad Pro 10.5?

17. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    I’m on a iPad Pro 10.5 how do you get a steady 30 FPS on that device

18. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    Gorgeous graphics performance by the way

Protopop likes this.
  19. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Probably the best way to increase speed is to reduce the resolution - even one step down or up can have a big effect. You can show your fps in options-quality-effects , and you can change your resolution in options-quality-resolution. I think the ipad pro 10.5" start on resolution 3, so 1 or 2 will boost it. You can also decrease the grass quality which also has a big impact on the game speed - options-quality-grass and change the distance and/or the density :)

20. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Thank you:) Its actually almost 2 years old now so i am looking forward to doing something even better with all ive learned for the next game, Nimian Legends : Residi Bay