Universal [BETA] Steps & Dragons, the psychic duel of deception!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by abhineetprasad, Nov 21, 2018.

1. abhineetprasad

May 1, 2015
    #1 abhineetprasad, Nov 21, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Trick your friend into devious traps. Use clues to choose the best steps. Race to the top, discover hidden dragons, and be the first to find the magical scroll in this mystical land of monks!
    Do you know your friends well enough ? Find out in a game of Steps & Dragons!

Hello everyone,

Its been a while since I posted on TouchArcade ! We released The Light Inside Us back in 2016 which we built with the help and feedback from you guys and now I am super excited to share that we have a new game and we need your thoughts once again!
    Its quite different from our previous game though. While The Light Inside Us was more tactical , Steps & Dragons is essentially a two player guessing game in which you run through a series of bluffs and double bluffs. The only thing this game shares in common with its predecessor is that its an absolutely new mechanic.

Game Description:

In Steps & Dragons, two players race in a turn based format from the opposite ends of a shrine to its center in order to find a hidden scroll. The paths to the center are teeming with helpful and dangerous dragons. While you can see the dragons on your opponent's path, you have no clue where the dragons are hiding in your path.
    Each turn is made up of two parts : Move & Suggest
    Move:
    You choose to move to any of the next 3 steps . The suggestion from the opponent, gives you a certain clue regarding the dragons (kinda like minesweeper)
    Suggest: You can suggest a step to your opponent. On the suggested step, a clue forms which reveals how many dragons are hiding in and around the step. Just the number of dragons is revealed, their positions are not . You can also place power spells via cards while giving a suggestion.

There is an AI mode, but the game is enjoyed best when you play against human opponents, and the better you know your opponent(or think you do) the more fun it becomes!!
    So please let me know if you would like to try it out! I am living my days like a dedicated online opponent :D

P.S Will be uploading a gameplay video soon !!!

Attached Files:

2. abhineetprasad

May 1, 2015
    [​IMG]
    The gameplay video is taking a little bit of time and bug reports/ feature suggestions from beta players are also coming in! I guess I will upload small excerpts and get to the gameplay trailer later ..meanwhile I thought I'd put this up.
    Please DM me or sign up at http://dastangamestudio.in/stepsndragons/ or join us at discord, whichever method you prefer to have a shot at the game .

Attached Files:

3. abhineetprasad

May 1, 2015
    #3 abhineetprasad, Dec 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    Our week so far :)

• We've made a teaser video and our sound designer is currently adding life to it. Should be able to post it soon enough.
    • We are trying to refine the meta-game surrounding the usage of cards. Cards are like magic spells that you can place on a step while giving a suggestion. Those spells get activated when your opponent lands on them. You can carry a limited number of cards with you in a game and cards can be upgraded as well.
    • Our initial beta testers faced a couple issues while challenging other online players to a duel. We modified the system so that you can read the status of a player (online, in-game . away) and fixed a couple of bugs around the dueling system. I am uploading the android & iOS builds currently so join the beta testers group now and play game with us .
    Here's a small peak to persuade you try out our game :)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. abhineetprasad

May 1, 2015
    #4 abhineetprasad, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    The monk preparing to make his next move !

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. uti4

uti4 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Male
    Localization & ASO
    hi guys! looks intriguing! Can't wait for the gameplay trailer!

If you're thinking over adding more foreign languages support to drive more organic installs for your app, I can help you with English to Russian translation.

6. abhineetprasad

May 1, 2015
    Hi uti4 ! will be uploading a few videos soon! Thank you for reaching out.. will let you know when we get to localization..the game is still in active development as of now.. we are just trying to get a few beta players early to get feedback and figure out a decent player progression system ..

7. abhineetprasad

May 1, 2015
    Hello everyone,

We gathered feedback that blue monk on blue steps was hard to notice so we added glow around the steps to help it stand out.. also changed the starting step along the process.. here is a quick gif.. will this do the trick ?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

aconfusedkender likes this.