MazeQuest 2 - Fantasy RPG, FREE Promo code #1 (of 3)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Will Orr, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Will Orr

Will Orr Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2018
    Male
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles, CA
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id1180350771

Today I will be giving away 3 promo codes here on Touch Arcade throughout the day for my game MazeQuest 2. I think alot of you will like it, it features turn based combat, learnable skills and spells, and a completely customizable party of characters to go into battle with. Over 10 hours of gameplay - FREE with this code! This code is one use only

Regular price $7.99 - FREE with promo code. This code is good for ONE download only, first come first serve! The next one I will post in 2 hours. Enjoy!

L3TWT4YT4F4M

HOW TO REDEEM:
    https://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-redeem-app-store-promo-code-on-iphone/

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    It would be nice of the person who snagged the code to say thanks at least

3. Paul99

Paul99 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Its the lurkers said many times should be a member only section

4. Will Orr

Sep 27, 2018
    Male
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles, CA
    Here's 3 more

7A6JWMR473WF
    X99PYNJMHFN9
    RHNJPXJ9EKYA

Also if you like the game rate us 5 stars - it helps us with the App store algo!

5. Cinot

Cinot Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    I took the third.

Thank you for the code. I will rate the game in the app store.

Will Orr likes this.
  6. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    2nd already taken. I’ve just had the 1st, all gone now.

Thanks very much for the code, I’ll rate the game once I’ve had a play.

7. Will Orr

Sep 27, 2018
    Male
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles, CA
    Ok here's the last 3 codes of the day!!

ANT3T4LKEAFA
    YWN7KLWTW3AW
    TT9T74XH6T6J

Thx all, and Enjoy the game!

8. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Took third. Thx

Will Orr likes this.
  9. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Redeemed ANT3T4LKEAFA. Thanks!!!

Will Orr likes this.
  10. Will Orr

Sep 27, 2018
    Male
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles, CA
  11. Will Orr

Sep 27, 2018
    Male
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles, CA
    Just checking, is anyone wanting to play this game, and cant find a code to use?

12. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Umm, me, maybe?
    Btw, I saw some the sentence “download and play this free RPG” in the description of the game, is that a mistake?

13. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Just a quick update having now had a chance to play - and I’m pleased to report it’s a great game. Wasn’t too sure to begin with but give it some time and you’ll find there’s a fun and engaging strategic RPG with fairly simple but enjoyable mechanics. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Only major criticism (given that this is a one dev game), is that the character stats are a little vague - no explanations of how the various stats affect your character, just that it raises/lowers x skill by x points. Could do with a little more info - ie does agility just affect dodge chance or does it also affect your chance to hit; and if so, is that with both ranged and close quarters weapons?

Only a minor gripe though - apart from that, it’s great fun.

Will Orr likes this.
  14. Will Orr

Sep 27, 2018
    Male
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles, CA
    The game was free when we first launched it - now it's not, thanks for the heads up, I removed that from the description. However, it can still be free for you...

4P9747M6JAWM
    XH4LWMXKHE4J
    HRW4E34M9TFA

15. Will Orr

Sep 27, 2018
    Male
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yay! So glad you like it. This game was actually built by a 2 man team, my brother Chris was the programmer - he did a fantastic job, right!?... Here is the list of skills and what they do

//via https://steamcommunity.com/app/738440/discussions/0/1732089092446126304/
    Game Mechanics FAQ
    I'd like to explain some of the game mechanics a bit better in this thread.

I will start with some of the basics ( keep in mind this could be subject to change )

All the skills start with a value of 100. It looks to you as 10, because a digit is truncated, but it's actually 100. Every level you have a chance of increasing a skill you know by 50 ( plus a bonus based on the character class ) to 100 ( plus a bonus based on the character class.

So a barbarian who has already learned berserk, on level up will get a chance to increase the berserk skill by 75 ( displayed as 7 ) to 150 ( displayed as 15 ). What the number is exactly will be randomly chosen. So on level up you probably want to choose the skill that has rolled the closest to the maximum.

There are passive skills that just lend there bonus to something and there are skills that are usable in battle or the map or both.

Here is a total list of used skills so far:

HEALTH - your hit points, reaches 0 and you die.
    MAGIC - your magic points, you need this to use usable skills
    SPEED - the more of this you have the faster your turn comes in combat
    STRENGTH - this adds to the damage of melee weapons and decreases the speed penalty to armor
    AGILITY - this adds to the damage of ranged weapons and helps you dodge melee attacks
    REFLEXES - this adds to your chance to counter attack and helps you dodge ranged attacks
    AIM - this adds to your chance to hit with all weapons and helps you avoid counter attacks
    LUCK - this adds to your chance to land a critical hit ( + 50% damage and ignores armor ) and also reduces the amount of times you take a critical hit from enemies
    DEFENSE - this adds to your armor just like equipment, except it doesn't get ignored with critical hits
    RESISTANCE - this reduces the effect of hostile spells and things like poison.
    SORCERY - this increases the power of almost all damage spells.
    INVOCATION - this increases the power of all healing spells
    WIZARDRY - this increases the power of all effect spells.
    ALCHEMY - this increases the power of all potions and scrolls
    LOCKS - this lets you open locked doors
    WEALTH - this increases the gold you find by 2 percent per 10 points. This pools across the party, so the more people that have wealth either learned or from items the better.
    WISDOM - this increases the experience the unit earns by 2 percent per 10 points.
    H. REGEN - This regenerates health by 1 per 10 points, both in and outside of combat.
    M. REGEN - This regenerates magic by 1 per 10 points, both in and outside of combat.
    BREATH - damages enemies in a line, burns
    BOLT - damages enemies in a line
    FIRE - damages enemies in a circle, burns
    ICE - damages enemies in a circle, slows
    LIGHTNING - damages one enemy, shocks
    EARTHQUAKE - damages enemies around the caster, shakes
    METEOR - damages enemies in a circle
    HOLY - damages enemies in a circle, x2 damage vs evil units and blinds
    DRAIN - drains health of one enemy and gives it to the caster
    SYPHON - drains magic of one enemy and gives it to the caster
    HEAL - heals one ally
    PURIFY - heals one ally and removes negative effects and poison
    MASSHEAL - heals all allys
    REVIVE - revives one dead ally and heals for minor damage
    DISPEL - dispels hostile effects on allies and good effects on enemies
    CURSE - weakens enemies
    BLESS - strengthens allies
    WALL - protects an ally from a certain amount of physical damage
    SHIELD - protects an ally from a certain amount of magical damage
    SUMMON - summons a golem, level depends on power
    BERSERK - sends the caster into a rage which increases damage, speed and chance to critically hit, but reduces defense to 0
    POISON - poisons any unit hit in both melee and ranged attacks
    LEECH - does temporary damage to the targets skills when striking in melee, then it heals the attacker for the same amount.

SPELL_RANGE - items only, adds to spell range
    SPELL_AREA - items only, adds to spell area
    MOBILITY - *hidden* not shown on character screen but this is your movement rate, can increase from books. Items also can give this bonus.

Effects ( displayed format = Strength / Duration )

Summoned - For summoned units only, when the time runs out the summon disappears.

Poison - Damages unit by the strength amount every turn or every step for the duration.

Bless - increases damage + defense + resistance by the strength amount shown in the character screen

Curse - decreases damage + defense + resistance by the strength amount shown in the character screen

Morale - increases literally everything ( damage, defense, resistance, chance to counter etc.. ) by the strength shown in the character screen and always lasts only 5 rounds.

Berserk - increases damage by the strength amount, and chance to critical by 1/2 the strength amount. Also gives a bonus to speed by the strength amount.

Wall - protects a unit from physical damage equal to strength. When it takes damage = strength or the time runs out it disappears.

Shield - protects a unit from magical damage equal to strength. When it takes damage = strength or the time runs out it disappears. The Bolt spell ignores shield.

Shocked - Gives a penalty to initiative ( determines how fast you get your turn ) of strength and lasts for duration.

Slowed - Gives a penalty to mobility of strength and lasts for duration.

Shaken - Lowers chance to dodge by strength and lasts for duration.

Burned - Lowers damage by strength and lasts for duration.

Dazed - Lowers chance to hit by strength and lasts for duration.

--------------------------------------------
    Poison can be removed by purify.

All other negative effects can be removed by dispel.

Curse can be removed with bless.

Summoned / Morale / Berserk cannot be removed other by waiting for the time to run out.

Bless / Wall / Shield can be removed on an enemy target with dispel.

16. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Wow, that’s really useful - thanks very much. Just a suggestion, having what you’ve written here on a pop up menu (activated with a ? button or something similar) would be really beneficial for players; I appreciate the usual RPG mechanics are applicable here but a bit of guidance built in to the app would go a long way to making it more inviting and approachable for new players. And a personal style criticism would be the small, windowed playing area - make it full screen and give us a greater field of view without needing to scroll the screen so much.

Again though, minor criticisms - great game otherwise. And please pass on my appreciation to Chris too - great effort, will look forward to playing more of your games in future.

Will Orr likes this.
  17. Vash85

Vash85 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2016
    Hi. Is there a chance you can pm me a code? I really want to try the game.

Will Orr likes this.
  18. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Thanks for the reply and oops, I’m late for the codes once again (we are probably in two different time zones and that’s the main reason why I missed all these giftings, I guess...), but it’s OK :)

And I’d second what ZS77 said—in-game informations for game mechanics is kinda important these days, especially given that there’s usually no manuals to refer to for the newer games anymore.

19. Will Orr

Sep 27, 2018
    Male
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles, CA
    IMG_7079.PNG IMG_7080.PNG

If your in the character select screen, and you tap on any skill, it will bring up a screen that tells you about that particular skill, FYI. As you have options to level up and add new skills, you can also do this before you decide. Hope this helps!

20. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    I received a code through PM and thank you!