[PC] Darkest Dungeon (by Red Hook Studios)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by nyanpass, Aug 21, 2018.

1. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    [PC] Darkest Dungeon® (by Red Hook Studios)
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/262060/Darkest_Dungeon/

[​IMG]

Darkest Dungeon is a challenging gothic roguelike turn-based RPG about the psychological stresses of adventuring.

Recruit, train, and lead a team of flawed heroes through twisted forests, forgotten warrens, ruined crypts, and beyond. You'll battle not only unimaginable foes, but stress, famine, disease, and the ever-encroaching dark. Uncover strange mysteries, and pit the heroes against an array of fearsome monsters with an innovative strategic turn-based combat system.

• The Affliction System – battle not only monsters, but stress! Contend with paranoia, masochism, fear, irrationality, and a host of gameplay-meaningful quirks!
    • Striking hand-drawn gothic crowquill art style
    • Innovative turn-based combat pits you against a host of diabolical monsters
    • Narration system to celebrate your successes...and failures
    • 16 (and counting!) playable hero classes, including Plague Doctor, Hellion, and even the Leper!
    • Camp to heal wounds or deliver inspiring speeches.
    • Rest your weary, shell-shocked characters in town at the Tavern or the Abbey to keep their stress in check.
    • Classic CRPG and roguelike features, including character permadeath, procedural dungeons, and incredible replay

Can you stem the tide of eldritch horrors erupting across your family’s ancestral estate?

Descend at your peril!

2. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    I wanted to talk about PC version of Darkest Dungeon, so I created this thread. The thread for iPad version of this game is in Touch Arcade, but as you know, iPad version has quite limited features compared to PC version. If you are a user of Touch Arcade who is enjoying its PC ver or a potential user who is interested in it, we would like to talk freely here. :)

[iPad] Darkest Dungeon (by Red Hook Studios)
    https://forums.toucharcade.com/threads/darkest-dungeon-by-red-hook-studios.310744/

[TouchArcade] ‘Darkest Dungeon’ Review (by Nick Vigdahl)
    – Brave the Darkness for One of the Better RPGs on iPad
    https://toucharcade.com/2017/09/04/darkest-dungeon-ipad-review

solarnya likes this.
  3. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
  4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Ohhh if there's anything I like most about RPGs it's customization. Those skins are amazing. I already checked the mods that are out on Steam and there are so many great ones. I can't wait to give them a try!

solarnya and nyanpass like this.
  5. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Darkest Dungeon PC Version has 4 DLCs.

1. The Crimson Court (20 June, 2017)
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/580100/Darkest_Dungeon_The_Crimson_Court/
    [​IMG]

2. The Shieldbreaker (27 October, 2017)
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/702540/Darkest_Dungeon_The_Shieldbreaker/
    [​IMG]

3. The Color of Madness (20 June, 2018)
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/735730/Darkest_Dungeon_The_Color_Of_Madness/
    [​IMG]

4. The Musketeer (20 June, 2018)
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/445700/Darkest_Dungeon_The_Musketeer/
    [​IMG]

If I can afford it, We would have a chance to talk about the specifics of these DLCs next time. :)

The good news is that even if it takes time, these updates are likely to apply to the iPad ver as well.
    In fact, some DLCs are already available in the iPad version. ;)

6. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    #6 solarnya, Aug 23, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    I have both versions of Darkest Dungron.
    Yes! PC version is obviously more gorgeous compared to iPad one.
    And especially for me, PC version is translated for Japanese! :)
    It’s officialy and never comes for iPad probably.
    I like this game more from getting PC version.

nyanpass likes this.
  7. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Hi, I enjoyed the original of this game. How is DLC actually doing? I recently heard about the addition of a new DLC. Anyway, Darkest Dungeon is one of my favorite games. If you have not experienced this game yet, I highly recommend it.

solarnya likes this.
  8. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    1st DLC : Darkest Dungeon®: The Crimson Court
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/580100/Darkest_Dungeon_The_Crimson_Court/

[​IMG]

"THE BLOOD...I MUST HAVE THE BLOOD!"

Darkest Dungeon®: The Crimson Court is the first expansion for the award-winning grim and gothic RPG by Red Hook Studios. Crimson Court is a parallel campaign experienced alongside the main Darkest Dungeon content that will provide you with new challenges and variation at every difficulty level. The narrative grounding sheds some light on the Ancestor’s early days, and will be presented in the same style of cut-scenes you’ve seen elsewhere in the game.

The DLC is designed to be played alongside an existing campaign, or as a brand new one--your choice! The events and features will unlock over the course of play.

Features:
    • A new hero class. “Awash in blood and delusion, they bear the burden of a thousand lifetimes.”
    • A new dungeon region: The Courtyard
    • A full faction of new deadly foes
    • 5 new Bosses with some of the most complex and devious mechanics yet.
    • A new wandering boss: The Fanatic
    • Districts: 10 new buildings to upgrade your Hamlet
    • Massive, sprawling maps with locked doors, prisoner rooms, and progress saves
    • Lore-driven trinket sets for all heroes - with set bonuses!

As the Crimson Curse spreads unrelentingly over the estate, parties will battle new enemies in familiar regions, as well as setting foot in a completely new sprawling environment: the Courtyard. There, amidst unique curios, traps and obstacles, a complete faction of new blood-crazed foes lie in wait, overseen by three distinct boss encounters. These slavering enemies and epic encounters will introduce new combat mechanics, testing the limits of your favorite strategies.

As the infestation grows and your roster begins to sicken, the Fanatic will emerge to roam the hallways, confusing friend and foe alike in his zealous quest to exterminate the Curse.

The odds are not completely stacked against you, however! A new playable hero class will be added alongside powerful new trinkets, town events, and a fresh way to expand and upgrade your Hamlet.

ctathemarius likes this.
  9. ctathemarius

ctathemarius Well-Known Member

May 11, 2018
    If you can afford it, I recommend that you purchase The Crimson Court (DLC). It's great.

10. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    2nd DLC : Darkest Dungeon®: The Shieldbreaker
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/702540/Darkest_Dungeon_The_Shieldbreaker/

[​IMG]

“And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand.”
    -Pierre Loti

Hailing from the distant windswept dunes of the east, the Shieldbreaker arrives in the Hamlet! Deadly as a viper, her iron will has been forged in the heat of the blazing desert sun. Though outwardly demure, her emancipation from the barren wastes came at a price so terrible, it haunts her dreams even now...

Features:
    • New hero class: the Shieldbreaker
    • Dynamic, tactical skill set for the Shieldbreaker featuring all new combat mechanics including: Armor Piercing, Guard Break, and Stealth
    • Shieldbreaker class-specific trinkets, including a set.
    • 3 New Monsters - frightful illusions from the Shieldbreaker's origin, now slithering forward to infest the Estate
    • New Consumable Item - Aegis Scale, providing a last bastion of protection for when a hero truly needs it.

The Shieldbreaker is a powerful ally in the fight to reclaim the Estate and banish the evil that squats in the Darkest Dungeon. A highly-tactical hero with solid damage dealing capability, she truly excels when countering monsters with high protection and those who guard their allies. Her movement, speed, and targeted abilities make her a valuable ally for dismantling intractable monster groups. Though relatively low health, the Shieldbreaker is yet highly survivable in short bursts thanks to her Aegis shield.

11. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    The following DLCs were released at the same time. :)

* Darkest Dungeon®: The Color Of Madness
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/735730/Darkest_Dungeon_The_Color_Of_Madness/

[​IMG]

Some hateful shard of alien origin has streaked through the night sky, crashing into the old Miller’s farm on the outskirts of the Hamlet! Those unfortunate enough to witness the Comet’s arrival have been blinded by what they can only describe as a shifting, ephemeral hue of damnably abrasive intensity. There has been no word from the farm in a fortnight, save for the unearthly groaning that echoes from the ruin of the mill…

“When men shake hands with time, time crushes them like tumblers; little pieces of glass.”
    ― Abu al-Ala al-Ma'arri

Features:
    • New region: The Farmstead!
    • Endless Quest: Survive as long as you can while getting lost in time and space, confronted by unending waves of enemies new and old, pushing ever closer to the crash site of the Comet.
    • Twisted new trinkets, available for purchase from the Jeweler. Put your gold away—he trades only in Comet Shards!
    • All-New Enemy Faction: The Miller and his loyal workmen have become eerie husks of their former selves.
    • 3 new bosses - The Miller, The Thing From the Stars, and the Comet itself!
    • New Curios help keep your party in fighting shape as you face the endless hordes!
    • Expand your Hamlet with 4 new District buildings and reap their benefits.
    • New Quirks, with unique and powerful effects!
    • Our biggest soundtrack addition yet from Stuart Chatwood

* Darkest Dungeon®: The Musketeer
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/445700/Darkest_Dungeon_The_Musketeer/

[​IMG]

"I ain't afraid to love a man. I ain't afraid to shoot him either."
    - Annie Oakley

A celebrated competitive sharpshooter, The Musketeer arrives in the Hamlet, determined to prove her skill after a disappointing tournament. She aims to become a legend in hunting circles by putting her skills to the test against the terrifying beasts and unnameable abominations that roam the Ancestor's Estate!

Features:

• New hero class: The Musketeer (mechanically identical to Arbalest)
    • Musketeer class-specific trinkets.

Once exclusive to a select group of our Kickstarter backers, the Musketeer is now FREE DLC for all Darkest Dungeon® owners! She is a complete, studio quality, re-skin of the Arbalest class. The Musketeer has access to her own set of class trinkets and will be available in the Stagecoach like the other Darkest Dungeon® heroes!

12. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017