Getting to the forum discussions for a particular game seems harder than it should be

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Oscar Streaker, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    #1 Oscar Streaker, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Typically, the first thing I do when a game piques my interest is head to its forum thread for information and impressions. Maybe I’m laming, but I seem to remember links to game discussions were easier to find and usually included in articles and reviews. Unless I’m missing something, it seems you either have to find the game’s nearly invisible forum link in the Hot Games section, or manually search the forum for said game. While I’m on the subject of the Hot Games section, is there a way to latch the filters? I’m mostly interested in paid games from this week.

Wyldething likes this.
  2. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Second this, just read a review of super soccer champs, and no forum link. I really think this should be easier. Also same for adding to watch list. If I read an article and like the look of a game, to just want to add it to my watch list (which I hope improves massively from current beta stage) and get to the forum.

3. DoubleBreastedWoman

Jan 10, 2017
    Open touch arcade app> see icons of new hot games> click on interesting looking app to forum review and activity suggesting quality and popularity of newly discovered gem.
    An enjoyable process taking a few seconds, several times a day, is now a convoluted annoying mess designed to generate ad revenue.
    Goodbye toucharcade.

4. sine909

sine909 Active Member

Nov 20, 2010
    California
    I'm not so cynical - I don't feel like it's designed to generate ad revenue - it more likely feels like a couple of disparate systems not yet well integrated (likely due to technical difficulty). Certainly they'd have more ad opportunities getting us to forums faster (and longer) and driving ads over there.

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

In order to generate ad revenue people need to buy ads.

6. sine909

sine909 Active Member

Nov 20, 2010
    California
    Beyond bitterness, I'm not really sure what that response adds to the conversation...

While I already pointed out I don't agree with the cynical reasoning - the topic remains valid.