Simplifying down to one iOS device?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by plowking, Jun 18, 2018.

1. plowking

plowking New Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Hi everyone,

First world problem here: I have an iPad Pro 9.7 and iPhone 6s but am also tired of paying the Apple tax to keep upgrading both devices. Want to just have one Apple device in the future with all my stuff. What one iOS device would everyone recommend for this? (iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Pro 10.5, etc.)

Add’l info if it helps: I have a Surface Pro 4 and mainly use iOS stuff for games, Instagram, photos, and as second screens for PDF reading on schoolwork.

ackmondual likes this.
  2. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Welp if you really only want one device the first and most important question is, Do you want to stay with apple for their phones. IF the answer is yes, you just solved your whole situation. If you are going to go solo device / phone, get the largest screen available. A + model iphone will lessen the shock of using such a smaller device compared to your current 9.7. And currently the best + model you can get is the 8+. Another question for you, how do you feel about the look/interface of the iphoneX? If you hate the notch/no home button/face ID system then you want the 8+ now. All rumors are indicating that apples entire 2018 lineup looks exactly like the X just in different sizes.

Agreed on apple devices being pricey, if I were to drop down to one of the devices no matter which i went my choice would be the top end trim with all the bells and whistles. Your wallet is suprisingly freed up when you only go with one device lol. And apple devices are to a point where you don't feel the 'need' to upgrade them every year. my 12.9 first gen tablet still kicks everything around that i throw at it with two game exceptions and its.. 3? 4? years old.

Wrath and ackmondual like this.
  3. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    Heh... my Ipad Air (1) is still on ios8 and doing OK. It could probably last an additional year or 2 if I do update it to ios11, but we'll cross that bridge if we have to. If there are no more bridges to cross, I may consider playing whatever I can, and just giving up on iOS