Universal Gleam of Fire (by Snow Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Jun 6, 2018.

1. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    #1 nyanpass, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Gleam of Fire (by Snow Games)

*AppStore: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1393739049

Inspired by retro action arcade games, "Gleam of Fire" brings console action to your mobile.

*Melee combos, charged arrow shot, and freeze magic. Dodge or dash through deadly traps and enemies. Choose and control your battle.
    *Collect souls from enemies and light the torches for more powerful upgrades.
    *Over 30 handcrafted levels, lots of monsters, and big bosses.
    *60fps nonstop 2D action.

[​IMG]

Gleam of Fire Plus+

Su Min Kim
    "Awesome and challenging adventure....it is a very good platformer and doesn’t need any fancy gimmick to draw the player…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $3.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "Awesome and challenging adventure....it is a very good platformer and doesn’t need any fancy gimmick to draw the player in.... I guarantee, you will not be disappointed if you download it." -TouchArcade (9/10) "The controls respond perfectly, it's possible to make combos in combat with different special skills. On top of that the game is beautiful. We recommend in any case this pleasant surprise." -iPhon.fr "There's a level of polish to this game that I think really shouldn't be ignored." -Gameranx "Glorious! In the world of 2D platformers today, I would have to place Gleam of Fire right up there. It takes you on a fantastic adventure which is both frustrating and additive. That's weird combination but all the craziness works. Easily recommend this game to anyone!" -MobileGameHunter --------------------------------------------------------- ▼▼▼▼GAME DESCRIPTION▼▼▼▼ Inspired by retro action arcade games, "Gleam of Fire" brings one of a kind action to your mobile. Your mission is to bring the light to the dark world as the protector and last warrior of the light. -▣- Gameplay -▣- "Choose and Control your Battle!" Evade all types of attacks and enemies with awesome dash or just combo your way with the sword to find the deepest portal. One of the coolest bow shooting effects in 2D platform games is at your finger tips. Gravitation changes as you charge arrow in the air to aim for that perfect shot through multiple enemies. Facing too much monsters at once? Freeze them all with the magic. "Easy to pick up, Hard to master!" As you progress through levels, you will gain the controls you need to overcome some of the craziest enemies, enemies, and more ENEMIES! Bosses are also waiting for you at the end of each world. "Game Experience" Gleam of Fire is rendered in 60 FPS for that perfect crisp touch control over 30 handcrafted challenging levels. -▣- Upgrades -▣- Collect souls from enemies and lit the torches for more powerful upgrades. -▣- MFi Controller Support -▣- Take a step further into retro gaming with MFi Controller. Check in the options for key layout and turn on the gamepad support. -▣- Language -▣- Fully supports English and Korean. -▣- Fullscreen -▣- iPads fullscreen supported -▣- Plus+ Version -▣- -No regular ads. (Only reward ads)
    Information
    Seller:Su Min Kim
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Jun 06, 2018
    Updated:Feb 08, 2019
    Version:2.0.0
    Size:146.4 MB
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017

3. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    Ok, this looks fantastic, any imps?

4. ctathemarius

ctathemarius Well-Known Member

May 11, 2018
    Wait, Metroidvania?! I have no choice but to try this.

5. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Look forward to some impressions. Only thing that bothers me is the busy button overlay but if the gameplay is good, I’m in.

6. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Looking forward to impressions as well. Movement looks "floaty" but hoping I'm wrong as it looks right up my ally.

7. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    I want to just buy but I am in the middle of Dust and haven't even loaded up DxD yet and now I am wanting to buy this for another backlog. I don't know if it's "floaty" unless you count when you pull an arrow, otherwise it looks a lot like goblin swords movement, slightly stiff animation.

8. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

None or little sense of acceleration/deceleration. Pendulum movement is also wrong, like there's no gravity (even if that means obstacles would stop moving, eventually) and it also affects Batman's jumping/falling. Definitely an experience killer for me, so I'll pass.

9. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    It is similar to what you would expect. :>
    The direction keys are a little awkward, but the rest of the buttons work well.

But this game is pretty hardcore.
    At least I did not pass the tutorial mode at once. XD
    I will try it a little more.

If you are a Metroidvania fan who likes challenging, it's well worth trying it. ;)

10. ctathemarius

ctathemarius Well-Known Member

May 11, 2018
    I've just tried this. Not bad. I guess this is not yet as great as Goblin Sword. But it has enough potential. If you are hesitant, I recommend that you play. From the difficulty selection screen, there seems to be more updates about additional contents. There is an upcoming menu in the game.

11. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    This developer takes communication with users as important.
    Soon Dev might visit this thread.
    If you have any questions, leave comments. :>

I think this game will be a pretty cool game if the control part gets a little better.

Snowgames likes this.
  12. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    Sounds good, think i'll bite and dl

13. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i cant get over the fact that it looks like a fat batman with a glowy belly..

14. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    Well there is something I will never ever unsee again lol

sebgo and Snowgames like this.
  15. Snowgames

Snowgames Active Member

Jun 6, 2018
    Male
    Hello, I'm single-dev from Snow Games.
    Can't thank you enough for the interest and playing the game!
    I am really amazed...

There were so many obstacles in making this game out to the public. Moreover, honestly afraid that a year working alone would go unnoticed at all. Love for retro games kept me to continue developing "Gleam of Fire" and also believing that there are people who enjoy and want more of the genre for the mobile devices. I do love playing the title mentioned such as Goblin Sword and also Sword of Xolan which is also a fantastic mobile platformer not to mention Dead Cells on PC and console. These are some of the works I truly admire and hope to bring similar yet different exciting experience for the players.

It is also the very reason in developing games. Meeting people who enjoy that same game feel.

Although I tried my best and put my heart, soul, and life to Gleam of Fire, I do also recognize lots of room for improvement.
    I also believe that your feedback and supports are truly important and will definitely make this game much better.

You can definitely look forward to the updates. I will continue the positive steps forward in providing better game experience :)
    -virtual stick option for directional key choice
    -more contents
    updates are planned.

At any time, please do leave a comment and every feedback is welcomed.
    I will constantly check on it and try my best to make better corrections on the way.
    You can also reach me to [email protected] or follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/SnowGames0629

Hope you have a great time playing "Gleam of Fire"

Thank you so much again for the interest and playing the game.
    You guys make everything possible!

-Snow Games

nyanpass, lboldham and shfrost like this.
  16. Snowgames

Snowgames Active Member

Jun 6, 2018
    Male
    #16 Snowgames, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    Just to mention...file size are 820.5mb.
    The info shows iPad and iPhone somehow integrated size.

****Edit: under 150 MB after update

17. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Dev, Welcome to the your game thread. :>

18. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Maybe a stupid question... but how much... hmm... 'Metroidvania' is this? Is it full on Metroid-like... or is it 30 individual levels with areas in some of the levels that are unlocked with items that can be found in those individual levels (meaning that you never need to backtrack or go to previously beaten levels to get to locked areas)...???

19. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    #19 nyanpass, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    The main ‘metroidvania’ features I think of are:

(1) Most of them are based on 2D based side view platform game.

(2) It has one huge map, and when you search this map, the map is revealed. A map can not go outside with a huge closed space. What you can do is to illuminate the entire map.

(3) A place that is unlikely to be able to go to the beginning of the game will be able to go after it gains new abilities later. These new abilities affect not only simple exploration but also combat.

(4) Since the search is important, there are hidden items(or rooms) around the map.

This game satisfies the conditions of (1) and (4). (3) is not yet clear. Perhaps this game is not the case in (2).

If you are interested in this game, please refer to the above. :>

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Thanks... I was hoping for 2+3...
    <shrug>
    Back to DxD
    =P

Gwarmaxx likes this.