Universal [PH Soft Launch] Space Pioneer (by Vivid Games S.A.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Jul 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #1 KeKhan, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    old soft launch thread

2. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
  3. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Intrigued... Vivid have some very talented devs who actually listen to customers.

4. Allstars Production

Allstars Production Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2016
  5. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    After a very brief play this looks like it'll be great.

Lovely art style, very slick presentation. The gameplay is simple stuff (so far); shoot stuff till it goes boom. RPG progression with various unlockable toys on the way.

Looking forward to seeing what else it's got going on.

6. Nytehawk

Nytehawk Active Member

May 23, 2017
    I went in with low hopes. Nothing has been super memorable to me lately-would this be any different?

Thankfully, it was.

Outer Pioneer takes a lot of good genres and makes them its own new game. The top down shooter aspect, combined with map objectives, the classic "4 button" attack/skill use scheme typically found in Asian ARPGs these days, a really cool use of a skill system, and just enough bullet hell in bosses to make me extremely happy (I'm a bit of a sucker for bullet hells) makes for a really interesting game. I've ranted to myself that mobile games are unoriginal and uninspired these days, and this flips that upside down. I really like this game. I'm excited to see how the multiplayer's going to be done. I hope Vivid keeps up what they've done here.

7. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I concur! I'm excited to see where they go with this. Multiplayer will be really fun especially with map objectives and control points, etc.

8. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Having just gone up from Level 1 to Level 2 after 7 stages I can see it being quite a slog getting to the Level 100 required for multiplayer and the 150 for whatever Space Base is. Maybe there will be alternative ways to gain XP more rapidly to come.

Based on those 7 stages, it's already starting to feel a bit samey. That said it is fun and the stages are nice and bite size. Can't see myself settling in for hours at a time but there's nothing wrong with that. Not every game needs to be an epic time sucker.

9. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I'm pretty sure the "level 100" requirement means mission 100, not player level. I'm about halfway there so I'll let you know.

10. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Sweet; look forward to the heads up.

I really am loving this. Whilst my comment about samey-ness sort of stands it really is too much fun and too charming for it to detract.

It is what it is and what it is is great.

11. Rafal_CM_VividGames

Nov 9, 2015
    CM @ Vivid Games
    Poland
    Hello TouchArcade friends. Vivid Games here! :cool:

Great to see you loving Outer Pioneer. This is an early beta so not all of the features are there yet, but we're happy to hear what you think.

Keep the comments coming :D

The full version will be out in the forth quarter of 2017, both for iOS and Android.

12. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Hi there. Congrats on what is clearly going to be a great game.

Is this a roundabout way of saying no multiplayer yet? Certainly don't mind but I think we'd rather know than guess.

13. Rafal_CM_VividGames

Nov 9, 2015
    CM @ Vivid Games
    Poland
    #13 Rafal_CM_VividGames, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    It's really early and work in progress, so not all of the features are there yet or are locked. We need to make it clearer.

Thanks!

BTW, I've seen videos saying it's Unreal Engine 4. It's Unity actually ;)

14. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Wow,new Helldivers game looks awesome!Great job!

15. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    "Unlock at Level 100" is pretty clear. ;)
    As my dad always used to tell me, "Never write a cheque you can't cash."
    Maybe change that to "Coming soon"?

Don't get me wrong; I already love this to bits and nothing's going to change that.
    You have a serious success on your hands I reckon and I'll be saying that to anyone who'll listen.

16. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    I realize you're being snarky, but yes, there is quite a bit of Helldivers in the game design, though it's considerably easier at this point. With a projected Q4 world release, there's time to give it a more unique voice, but considering Helldivers is a Sony-exclusive (ok, and Windows), there's little-to-no hope for further ports. I can't say I'm upset to have a roughly equivalent experience to play with my mobile friends.

17. Rafal_CM_VividGames

Nov 9, 2015
    CM @ Vivid Games
    Poland
    Beta testers wanted

Guys,

if any of you've reached super top level 99 or just played a whole bunch of the soft-launched game, we'd be delighted to record your feedback, and invite you to further testing of the next versions as they drop. Drop a message to [email protected] if you're interested.

We're thinking cool stuff for beta testers as a thank-you so... :cool:

18. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Mail sent.

I'd be very happy to help out with beta feedback if you need.

19. aux80

aux80 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    I have reached stage 99. I was surprised to see that there is an actual barrier between you and the fuel objective. I looked for a hidden door in the wall but could not find one! :p

I will definitely send you that email because I found some issues. They are not huge issues, but sharing them can do no harm.

I can't wait to try the new game modes and new weapons!

20. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Update and name change!