Universal Mr. Mustachio 2 (by Shobhit Samaria)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by shobhit.samaria, Jun 8, 2017.

1. shobhit.samaria

shobhit.samaria Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer

Mr. Mustachio 2

Shobhit Samaria
    ** "It's smart, it looks great, and it's not like any other numbers game on the App Store" - 3.5/5 - Pocket Gamer ** "O…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ** "It's smart, it looks great, and it's not like any other numbers game on the App Store" - 3.5/5 - Pocket Gamer ** "One of the 5 best games for iPhone and iPad this week" - AppSpy ** "This app can be described as a good practice, quite suitable for young friends and adults to play" - 4/5 - Apps Channel ** "Mr. Mustachio 2 provides a simple yet fun challenge, cute delightful graphics and a catchy, upbeat soundtrack" - Appszoom Mr. Mustachio is back with a second offering of the game! Mr. Mustachio builds upon the gameplay of the evergreen word search puzzles! Remember the puzzles where you are given a grid of letters and you need to search for words in it based on some clue or theme? Mr. Mustachio uses that principle and puts a little spin on that. Use your power of observation to search the grid for the row or column which matches a given rule and a corresponding value! Easy as that! Of course, we added a time limit to make things interesting! Add to that the concept of differentiating the blocks of the grid based on their colour, and you get quite perplexing puzzles. Puzzles that are seemingly very easy but incredibly hard to crack in the stipulated time. All this results in quite a challenging and interesting game! So, how quickly can you scan a grid in different directions to find the correct answer? Sharpen your brain, sharpen your eyesight, sharpen your reflexes and bring it all together to beat the timer! The character of Mr. Mustachio adds a fun dimension to the game! Watch Mr. Mustachio’s moustache grow with more grids you figure out! * ---------------------------------------------------------- * ** Unique gameplay which is take on grid based word search puzzles, requiring a keen eye and a sharp mind. ** One touch gameplay. Swipe or just tap on the corresponding button to select your answer. ** 3 different Game Play modes : Marathon, Burst and Infinity. ** 10 different worlds to play. All unlocked from the start. Over 100+ rules and variations to figure out. ** 2 Bonus Worlds - 'A mix of everything' and 'Just the numbers' also available! ** 4 different difficulty levels to choose from. ** 4 different kind of helpful ‘Aids’ provided to help the player strategise and get out of tricky situations. ** Boost your performance in the game by upgrading nearly every aspect of the game by utilising the in-game currency. ** Get high scores, top leaderboards, 50+ achievements to complete, challenge friends. ** Connect with your Facebook account and invite your friends. See how you are doing as compared to your friends on the leaderboard. ** For the ones who love their stats, there is also a statistics page to track player performance. ** Graphical line charts to give a visual representation of a player’s progress and proficiency. * ---------------------------------------------------------- * (The game has In-App Purchases. You can disable the purchasing system from the Settings Menu -> Restrictions -> In App Purchases) If you like playing Mr. Mustachio 2, please consider leaving an App Store review and help spread the word around. It would go a long way in helping out the developer! If you notice any problem or bug or just want to drop some critique or feedback, please feel free to do so at [email protected]! (preferably with a screenshot :))
    Information
    Seller:Shobhit Samaria
    Genre:Puzzle, Education
    Release:Jun 07, 2017
    Updated:Aug 28, 2019
    Version:3.6
    Size:90.1 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Great fun so far, only had two tries, so maybe I haven't been introduced to it yet, but how do we unlock new worlds? There were no IAP options for this in the shop so I assume they get unlocked through gameplay?

3. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Thanks!

Many thanks for trying out the game! and yes, the next world gets unlocked when you complete the previous world. You need to 'Level Up' for a fixed number of times (indicated in the top left corner) to complete a world. I will add other mechanisms to unlock the worlds in the future updates.

Thanks again for playing!

-Dev

4. Georgina

Georgina Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2010
    Sydney
    This feels polished and I love the art style, but the timer is just so aggressive! Any chance of a more relaxed playing mode?

5. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback! And I apologise for the over aggressive timer.

My thinking behind it was that the players can use the 'Booster' section and use the diamonds that they have earned to give themselves more time on the timer. Also there's a lot more that can be upgraded!

[​IMG]

But I do realize a couple of problems here:
    - I have made the timer too aggressive at the start and it is probably too challenging at the beginning.
    - Also, I haven't communicated to the player about the upgrades available that effectively.

I will rectify it in the coming updates.

Also, I am working on providing different play modes in the game! They should be available soon as well!

Many thanks for you feedback!

-Dev
    Email : [email protected], [email protected]
    Twitter: @samzgamz

6. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    v2.0 released on the App Store

Hi

It took me longer than I expected but finally an improved version of Mr. Mustachio 2 is out now on the App Store! Thank you for the feedback that helped me in introducing the changes.
    A lot of updates have been put in this version.

** Now three different modes of play available!
    STORY MODE: The original gameplay is now called the 'Story Mode'. Each world has fixed number of levels. Move onto the next world once you finish the previous one.
    BURST MODE: A two minute challenge! See how many grids you can solve in a fixed time.
    INFINITY MODE: Have a liking for a particular world? Play that world endlessly till your lives run out.

** The second world - 'It's a Circular World' is also now open by default. For the ones who want to skip playing around with numbers and math.

** Added the ability to unlock the worlds using the diamonds earned in the game. You can still unlock the worlds by playing the story mode and completing the worlds which automatically unlocks the next one.

** Improved the 'Statistics' and 'Performance Graphs' pages to give you a view based on the three different modes.

** Added a couple of seconds more to the timer per grid to make it a bit less aggressive at the start. Time can always be added to the timer through the 'Booster' section.

** Improved the Tutorial a bit. A separate tutorial for the first world explaining the mathematical grid. Again can be skipped by the players not interested in numbers.

** Minor UI improvements.

** Fixed a few bugs as well! (and probably introduced some more :))

** Also improved the App Store Screenshots! A bit better looking now (hopefully!).

Looking forward to more feedback and suggestions from the community. Thanks Again!

-Dev

7. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    v2.1 released on the App Store

A quick patch for the 2.0 release is now on the App Store. Fixed a bug that was crashing the game from a popup.

Also added a new option to be able to get some extra diamonds via viewing video ads. This option is available in the Store Section!

-Dev

8. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    v2.2 released on the App Store

I honestly did a poor work in setting the difficulty level for the game and ended up making it much harder than necessary. This is the nth attempt to try to fix it. The timer should be much more relaxed now. Hope I got it correct this time around :)

Also this week, I updated the original version of the game and back-ported some screen design changes back to old version and make it better looking. The link if anyone wants to try out the original game - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mr.-mustachio/id1143957161

-Dev

9. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    What are the iAPs?

10. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Only one for now - To remove the Ads!

11. Eageron

Eageron Well-Known Member

May 29, 2015
    Game Development
    Munich
    This is an amazing puzzle game! I am not the biggest puzzler fan but this really got me hooked! Absolutely worth a try even for player's that usually don't puzzle too much! Congrats!

12. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Dev Update

After iOS, I am trying my luck on the Android platform as well. Always tricky, considering the huge number of devices that are available. Not sure how it is going to work on all of them. But, it is out there. I have deployed the build onto Google Play. Fingers crossed now. If people want to try out, here's the download the link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Samaria.MrMustachio2

The iOS link as well :

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mr-mustachio-2/id1229343195?mt=8

Would really appreciate people trying it out on the platform of their choice and if you could spare some time to rate and review, that would be really kind of you.

13. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Dev Update

v2.2.1 has been released on iOS as well as Android!

** 3 more worlds have been opened by default. Thus, taking the tally of opened worlds to 5! Update and enjoy!
    ** Some bug fixes (Of course!)

As always, if you have any feedback, then feel free to contact me at [email protected] or leave a AppStore or Google Play review!

Thanks

-Dev

14. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Dev Update

v2.3 has been released to the App Store now. It includes the following changes:

** Improved the start up time for the game! You should see quite a bit of difference in the initial load up time.
    ** Added 4 difficulty levels to choose from - Play the game at the level you are most comfortable with! A 'Hard' mode also available for the ones who love their challenges!
    ** Improved the swipe controls.
    ** Some bug-fixes as well!

And a bit of good news - The app got selected for Facebook's FbStart program! Yay!

Do try out the game and don't forget to rate and review! If you wish to contact me, just drop me a mail at [email protected] or DM me on twitter - @samzgamz.

Download links :

iOS : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mr-mustachio-2/id1229343195?mt=8
    Android : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Samaria.MrMustachio2

Thanks ta community!

-Dev

15. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    v3.0 released on the App Store!

v3.0 is now live on both the stores! A huge update with quite a few updates!

** The 'Story Mode' is renamed to 'Marathon Mode' and is now a world of its own and is called the 'The Marathon'. 150 levels to clear!
    ** Added a new Bonus World which is a combination of all the number worlds - 'Just the Numbers'! For the one's who love numbers!
    ** Unlocked all the worlds from the start!
    ** The Burst mode is now only 60 secs for quick-fire sessions.
    ** Added some reading time for longer text rules.
    ** Improved the 'Continue Game' option and took out the frequency option from the Boosters section.
    ** Simplified a lot of grids by using smaller numbers or smaller sized grids for more comfortable gameplay.
    ** And Bug fixes!!

Download links :

iOS : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mr-mustachio-2/id1229343195?mt=8
    Android : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Samaria.MrMustachio2

Thanks!