iPad 300 Bowl "BIG UPDATE"

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by brewstermax, Nov 23, 2008.

1. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

The update released last week is horrible. It took away the curves and everything else. I personally liked the old version better. Wish that there was a way to revert. This needs fixed bad. I always liked Flick Bowling better, but now this is pushing to be off my iPod.

2. AppAttack

AppAttack Well-Known Member

I'd agree wholeheartedly with you brewstermax!! My girlfriend HATES the game now...and sadly, it was really the only game she'd play, not being a big gamer and all. I remember when the Appstore first came out, you could dig through your computer and find previous versions of apps and reload them. Now, all of'em go straight to my trash bin. I'm not very smart with computers but you MAY be able to dig the previous version out of your computer before it ends up in the trash. Maybe someone here could explain how?

3. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    it didnt take away curves in my ipod :confused: and they said that this was a preparation for the next "BIG UPDATE" where you can create custom balls and all that

4. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

They are really messing this up. It was the original bowling game, and was ok before. But now anybody who needs a good bowling game should look at flick bowling at only $.99.

I'm sure the several Freeverse devs around here are loving the praise.

5. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    I agree on all counts. The new update is terrible, and flick bowling is wayyyyyyyy better. Midnight bowling looks great too, but I don't need to spend $5 on another bowling game.

6. Mahaa93

Mahaa93 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one on here who really dislikes flick bowling? I literally played a game where I bowled a strike each turn. It's wayyyy to easy!

7. nickels

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    Did you crank up the difficulty?

8. rhcpdrummer

rhcpdrummer Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Theres an easter egg in the new update to play the old version. All u have to do is when u get to the main menu, hit 300 then hit bowl (not at the same time) then do that two more times an u should have the old version bak! ;)

9. AppAttack

AppAttack Well-Known Member

WAY TO GO!!! Now my girlfriend will actually pick up her Touch again!! Thanks for the heads up!! :D

10. nickels

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    #10 nickels, Nov 24, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
    Didn't work for me...
    Correction, I need better reading skills. IT WORKS! Thank god.

You do what he says: hit 300, hit bowl, hit new game, 1player, menu -> do it again -> old game!
    It took me three times till it worked, but the old game is back!

11. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Yes, the update is a joke. The controls and graphics were made worse. That's the update. For the record, I don't like Flick Bowling very much either. It looks good, but plays terrible. In fact I prefer the game mechanics of (the previous version) 300 Bowl, but this update makes it pretty clear that the developers have no idea what they're doing. I wouldn't hold out hope for another "big update".