iPad 30 and Dirty: Intense shooter for iPhone/iPod

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by tsunami0ne, Dec 31, 2008.

1. tsunami0ne

tsunami0ne Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    #1 tsunami0ne, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  2. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    how long have you been waiting since you submitted it to them? How long does it normally take?

3. tsunami0ne

Nov 30, 2008
    I've only waited about 3 days. I don't know how long it normally takes, but it's not like my game has hours and hours of gameplay.:D

4. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    you do realize that apple has many apps to check all at the same time. And three days is pretty short. Try weeks for zombie mangle

5. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    wrong ZM didnt passed that why it was weeks foo

6. PHARTGAMES

PHARTGAMES Well-Known Member

Yeah m8, 4 days and you should get the "Ready For Sale" email.

Unless you get the "Unexpected additional time" email.

Then you just have to sob into your hands for a few hrs every day for the next 3 months ;)

7. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    what does this game do what 2079 doesn't do better?

8. along123

along123 Well-Known Member

hahahaha ..PG. Give the guy a break ok? hahaha ..Now, you're making him worry for nothing! hahaha!!
    :D

9. along123

along123 Well-Known Member

Bleh. I tot this was an FPS. Sounds promising haha ..had to take a look because of the title!

It's almost the same as 2079. I wonder why that game is still offered free?
    :confused:

10. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Yes, 2079 is fantastic, although your game looks nice.
    But I already got a perfect kind of same game :)
    But I whish you alot of success, once it is approved!

11. Knight

Knight Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Game Developer
    I tried 2079 but I couldn't get into the accelerometer movements, and instead wanted something like this game where you have manual controls for both movement and firing.

Looks like a nice Geometry Wars clone. Good luck! I'm sure Apple will release it in a few days.

12. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Haha, after looking the video for a few seconds I asked myself "what does this game do what 2079 doesn't do better?". Than I answered my questions with: "Ok, no accelerometer movements." But this is what I love in 2079. Then I asked myself: "Gameplay seems to be rather slow and enemies pop up somewhere and do not come from the edges. So where's the relation to Geometry Wars? Ok, is has a grid and some geometrical forms, but the gameplay is completely different."

Well, for the ones who don't like the control method of 2079, this might be an alternative. But of course there's always Dropship which seems to fill this gap...

This app seems to provide a similar look and feel than the mentioned games on the AppStore. What's the unique selling point of this incarnation?

13. radchad1

radchad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois
    The game looks really cool, it reminds me a lot of Smash TV with the controls and the way the character moves on the screen. All that's missing is big prizes and tv host with babes on his shoulders. Good luck with the game, I'll prb have to check it out when released.

14. I submitted my game on a Wednesday; it was approved by Saturday night. So maybe it was about four days for me.

I don't know how I feel about accelerometer controls. I like them for some games. I love me some Labyrinth, that's for sure. But when I'm riding the train (I live in Japan, so the trains are sometimes crowded), it doesn't work as well.

Do you think that the accelerometer limits where / when you can play a game?

15. tsunami0ne

Nov 30, 2008
    I hope I get as lucky as you, but I somehow doubt it will take less than a week for me because it is the holiday season.

For those asking what makes sets my game apart from 2079... well... I'd say the controls and gameplay! As much as I like 2079, that game is not very challenging at all and the accelerometer controls aren't for me. 30 and Dirty is more intense and also I do think that the controls for 30 and Dirty are good enough to accomodate a difficult action game. The enemies also shoot back at you, but honestly, in the next update, I will be cutting back on that and compensating by adding more enemy types.

Anyways, thanks for all your comments. It's good to know that expecting 3 days for approval is overkill.

16. vicviper42

vicviper42 Member

Nov 26, 2008
    This game looks pretty good. But how does it compare to Geometry Wars in terms of difficulty?

17. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Yeah, the controls are different, but the gameplay is almost the same except for the fact that the enemies fire you in this game.

I don't mean to shoot you down, because it looks great and I'll probably get this because of the touch controls (even though I also love the great accelerometer controls on 2079). I think this game would be a lot better if you add some decent powerups. The way the poweups work in 2079 are a little annoying and I'd like to see some new ones.

Good luck on getting it approved, I'll watch for this with AppSniper. :)

Have a happy New Year's Eve/Day too :) (depending on where you live)

18. tsunami0ne

Nov 30, 2008
    Yes, you're right, the gameplay is similar. I guess then the only difference would be the Challenge Mode I'm adding in the future which is going to be a bunch of short levels where you have to do certain goals for points. If it counts, there are achievements and unlockables.

And don't worry about "shooting down" my game, I am open to criticism. That's why I am putting it out earlier than I expected, because I want to see what people think so I can change the game earlier during development to suit a wider audience. I already have a bunch of new enemies made, but in terms of power-ups, I can't really think of anything that would make things more interesting.

it's probably harder than Geometry Wars because of the bullets, but I am going to change it so that Easy mode is easier, and Hard mode is even harder. And also I'll probably reduce the amount of bullets being fired at the player, as I find that that is most often the reason players die.

19. tsunami0ne

Nov 30, 2008
  20. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Looks interesting, for .99$ I might try it out