3.0 Upgrade: Love It? Hate It? Don't Care About It??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by gekkota, Jun 27, 2009.

?

Touch Owners: Have You Upgraded To 3.0 Yet?

1. Yes, and I'm glad I did.

21 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Yes, but I regret it now.

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. I don't plan to upgrade.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I might upgrade later, if they resolve the current issues.

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    #1 gekkota, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  2. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I am neutral/positive about the update. It certainly didn't make my iPhone worse (or at least for me), but it didn't really bring too much new stuff. I am glad that I did get the update, but I probably wouldn't of paid the £5.99 for it if I had an iPod Touch.

3. Karuko

Karuko Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Having the AppStore logging in the device was the deal breaker for me. Now the device stays in the account I want it to be even when I sync with iTunes on another one.

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Where's the "I updated... meh," option?

5. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Hey! "Meh" is my word...............meh

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

What is there to regret about the upgrade? Copy and paste, push, spotlight, additional pages for apps, bluetooth audio? 3.0 is all-around awesome.

7. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Yep. Even more awesome if you JB.

8. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    It still can't turn into this yet :(

Edit: nvm, the pic I uploaded was the size of texas.

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Oh also the bluetooth peer to peer multiplayer is absolutely amazing and in the few games I've tried that have it, works just as good as the DS local wireless play.

10. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    I need that option too. I updated to 3.0 so that I could play peer to peer games with my friends but since none of them have updated yet, there wasn't much point. Also there aren't many peer to peer games on the App Store yet so that doesn't really help justify my decision.

The only good reason to updated to 3.0 is to be able to play Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D. After playing just a couple of matches it is in my list of all time favourite iPhone games. Seriously, pick this game up if you have 3.0!

11. Mellifluous

Mellifluous Active Member

Jun 18, 2009
    I upgraded and am satisfied with it. Searching is good, and it feels a little faster. Cut and paste - meh. Also, Music IQ is a good game and couldn't exist without 3.0, so yeah... satisfied.

12. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I upgraded my son's iTouch, and he has no problems with the upgrade. I don't know that he will use all the features, but the copy / paste was very nice for him..

13. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    I'm sure it's awesome... if you are not having the problems that a lot of people on the Apple support forums are having:
    *slow start-up and shut-down
    *difficulty connecting to wifi
    *fast battery drain, even when in stand-by
    *sluggish performance in Safari
    *can't connect to YouTube
    *coverfow not working correctly

Every time there's a new upgrade, there seems to be a flood of complaints. I am sure that a big part of it is that people who are having problems are far more likely to post than people who aren't. That's the reason for this poll--to see whether the reported problems are as widespread as other forums are indicating. I don't have an opinion one way or the other since I haven't upgraded yet. Just trying to get other people's perspectives. :)

14. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I haven't en ountered any problems myself
    Many of the differences are pretty subtle. I've noticed that the little repeat and shuffle icons in the music player flash now, app backgrounds and sounds fade when you exit, the backlight behavior has also changed and app icons don't automatically get shoved onto the next pag when you move one onto a full page. there aren't a whole ton of huge new features