3.0 Crashing Apps?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Skitzle, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Skitzle

Skitzle Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Ever since installing 3.0, I'm seeing Puzzle Quest crash quickly and often. I can't even get through one fight before it slows up and dies.

Is anyone seeing the same thing with Puzzle Quest? With any other games?

-Skitz

2. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

games that are not 3.0 compat, will often crash, PQ is not compat yet. it will take some time for the store to catch up to 3.0 when it does programs will run just fine, for the time being just be paitent.

3. Skitzle

Skitzle Member

Jun 18, 2009
    so you're basically waiting on the dev to put out a 3.0 compatible release?

4. jchampl

thats correct. many games such as pq aren't running that great on 3.0 and it will take sometime for devs to nail down the problems and optimize them to run on 3.0, so when you have a game thats crashing, put it aside till a 3.0 update comes out, till then there is nothing you can do.

5. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Or don't update.

6. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Hmm, does Apple remove apps from the App Store that aren't compatible with 3.0?

7. jchampl

he already did, not much he can do there.

8. jchampl

yup starts soon. only apps and games that can run on 3.0 will be for sale. I forget the deadline, however if a dev doesn't submit a 3.0 compat check by a certain date, then the dev's application is removed.

9. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    So if I get a new computer and re-download my apps to it, will I only be able to get the 3.0 compatible ones? Anything else I have just lost??

10. jchampl

just save your old apps on to your portable hard drive or thumbstick and import them into your new computers library, if you don't do that then you will only be able to get the 2.0 ones, but I recommend everyone makes sure they download all updates and save a copy of all their apps on a drive as many will not be for sale any longer. games like gi joyride and other apps that have been abandoned will no longer be for sale soon.

11. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Good advice. That's what I was afraid of...

12. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    I knew certain aspects of this whole iPhone gaming thing was too good to be true. Some of my best games are the old ones that were "abandoned". Now it's lost money. Apple should have done better.

13. Bruno

Bruno Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Capital Markets
    Boston
    Sorry to disagree. But from
    the customer
    point of view they cannot do this.

If we were required to buy a
    new device ir could be true, but it is not the case.

All the games will have updates, otherwise they will have to give the money back. They will havr to give the money back because the game is not playable. There is nothing to do about it except for delete the game. The devs could decide to not update, but they must provide a solution for the ones that want to keep playing. You see the point? Is the same as not be able to play your old vinyl musics because it does not have support anymore. If you have the old system you will enjoy the music, but with cd system, you won't.

Sooner or later there will
    be a solution.....

14. DrJ

DrJ Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    i wouldnt hold my breath waiting for Apple to issue refunds...

15. jchampl

nope, when you bought the game, you never bought a promise that it will work forever, you bought it to work at that time/that moment. there will be no refunds. many developers such as trapdoor are no longer in business and will not be fixing their game, this is not apples problem that business go out of business. you can take the dev to small claims court but I don't think it will be worth the time or effort, itunes is simply a marketplace for the games, they don't promise anything, and will NOT be refunding any money.