2nd Gen Touch BlueTooth

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by HardcoreEricXXX, Mar 22, 2009.

1. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I was thinking about trading my subwoofers for a new 2nd Gen Touch, after my first gen's headphone jack has become defective. But I'm left with a question concerning the new iPhone 3.0. When the bluetooth is activated in the Touches, will it only enable gaming and device recognition, or will it also include the A2DP protocol. I was a little unclear on whether or not the bluetooth hardware would support stereo.

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    2G will have P2P soo I'm assuming it has that other Bluetooth capabitlies.

Your welcome;)

3. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    any word on when the 3rd generation touch is coming out, or if it is....:confused:

4. HardcoreEricXXX

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I'd expect around October.

5. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

September. 2nd Tuesday in September.

6. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    For sure?
    Should I wait until then to upgrade my ipod touch 1g 8gb to a 16gb ipod touch 2g?

7. HardcoreEricXXX

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I was thinking I would, but all I really wanted was the Bluetooth. Since they are activating it, I'm gonna go ahead and upgrade.

8. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

99.9% sure. If you watch Apple events, they are always on the 2nd Tuesday, and the iPod event is always the 2nd Tuesday in September. It's whatever you feel like doing, but I expect that if you are even mildly interested in jailbreaking, that you'll be waiting a long time for a jb for iPT 3G to come out. Its either way. The only benefits of the new one may be a faster processor, and pay attention to WWDC when a new iPhone comes out, to see what is added that is plausible for iPod, and that's what you'll get. If I were you and I had a device, and didn't need an upgrade, I'd wait. But I upgrade every year, so its just me. I'll be getting a 3G the first day. Maybe I can be the first in my state again. :)

9. Crypton

Crypton Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Germany
    Quick help please!

So the iPod Touch 2G does have BT, but it's not activated from the OS?
    And the BTServer running in the background (I see it on MemStatus) is actually a real BT-service? I always thought it was something which is related to the WiFi....

10. HardcoreEricXXX

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    #10 HardcoreEricXXX, Mar 24, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
    I thought the first gen iPhone had Bluetooth, why then can't they activate it for p2p gaming or a2dp. If it's bt can't be activated, I feel the iPod touch's could possibly not support a2dp.

It has BT:
    "Specifications:
    OS provided: Apple MacOS X ; Band / mode: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 (Quadband) ; Wireless connectivity: IEEE 802.11b , IEEE 802.11g , Bluetooth 2.0 EDR " cnet.com