2K Games Xmas Sale

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by italodance, Dec 23, 2014.

1. pouffie

pouffie Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Bah, I am boycotting 2K from now on. Even though I wanted to have Bioshock and Xcom:EW, I will certainly not buy them. They already had me with the first xcom app. They really need to learn a lesson!

2. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    It's quite easy if you have the receipt of Enemy Unknown you can request a refund within 90 days. Click Report a problem right next to Enemy Unknown in the receipt and then sign in to you iTunes account and full the form.

3. fenderbendr

fenderbendr Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Are NHL and nba 2k worth $3.99?

4. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    I bought nba at the full price, I thinks it's a good game, worth 3.99 at least. The latest update help matters as it is not such a battery drain and they added net animations.
    Hopefully league mode will be coming soon. I think that's what it's called but basically the mode that means you choose a team and play with that team, rather than the My Career mode that only let's you control one player.
    That being said my career is good fun still!

From what I have read nhl isn't as good, but haven't played it.

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Agreed NBA game is pretty good!

6. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Thanks for posting this, almost bought it for my 5 but I'll wait until I update next year. In the meantime it made it a little easier to buy XCom and Banner Saga. Cheers! :D

7. jase23

jase23 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    I can understand your frustration with paying (probably full price) for XCOM EU in the app store, and then seeing the app pulled from the app store and replaced with XCOM EW. That's not cool, and it would have been better for 2K to allow all EU owners a free upgrade to EW.)

2K was probably facing some kind of technical issue in selling EW as an expansion to EU in the app store, so they decided that they would avoid confusion and eliminate EU and focus on EW as the definitive version of XCOM. And even if you paid full price for EU, buying EW for an extra $7 is still a heck of a lot cheaper than what gamers on PC and console had to pay for EU + EW (was it $60 for EU plus $30 for the EW expansion?) Also, Bioshock for $5 is a great value being offered by 2K by any standard.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That's asking too much brah.

9. jase23

jase23 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Well, you could be right about that. 2K has to be able to justify their investment in time and resources to produce high quality games for the App store, or else we won't be getting ports in the future of high-budget games like XCOM Enemy Within.

10. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    I think $7 for EW is the perfect price. It should have been offered to EU owners from the beginning. They could have offered us a bundle but, they chose to pull EU from the AppStore.

11. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    My wife bought me a Steelseries Stratus XL for Christmas and although I bought BioShock at launch on iOS, playing it with the controller is absolutely fantastic.

Highly recommend BioShock at that price while on sale but even more so if you have a MFi controller.